(From "Fantastic Comics" number 10, 1940.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
and i assume you all will as well.
I can’t get over that one guy doing his touchdown dance. Apparently, he isn’t aware of just how often Sampson gets his hair cut, and still destroys every low income housing unit within line of sight.
Those don’t appear to be flamethrowers; from the shape of them, and the way the guy on the right is holding his, I think they’re backpack-powered torches…
I think those are torches of some kind.
Actually they’re gas-projecting packs (from yesterday’s panel), used to knock out Samson and David, whereupon they cut Samson’s hair to make him defenseless. Then leave him in a dungeon for a few days so it can grow back, because no criminal ever thought about just popping a cap in a knocked-out guy’s head. I also find it interesting that his hair is impervious to fire, but can be cut off by a falling girder.
Anyway, “Apparently the gas packs are just for show” is not funny, whereas “Apparently the flamethrowers are just for show” is. Hence the title.
@Jeff: Is Samson in the public domain?
You know something that still bugs me about Samson’s hair getting cut? The guy still looks pretty ripped. Maybe with some freshly shorn locks, Samson’s not going to be chucking buildings down the street, but if he was still capable of hitting someone like Floyd Mayweather, you might want to avoid taunting the guy. He’d still be stronger than you.
Apparently the Imperial Guard from Star Wars have too much free time.
What do red robed flunkies with gas powered torches have to do with a bad version of a biblical hero? Oh and the guy w/ his arms up is his side kick I believe is his side- kick David! That proves to me that Side kicks are as useless as Wild E Cyote’s ACME credit card!
Guy in the back: “And now, I shall make my bald, half naked assisstant levitate.”