In addition to winning two character design contests, he has created an amazing number of importable custom items for use in HeroMachine 3. I thought it would be fun to learn more about this innovative creator, so it gives me great pleasure to present the latest Power User, MartianBlue!
- Online name used in HeroMachine environs: MartianBlue
- A photo (or drawing) of you in "real life":
- Real name: David G.
- Real city/state/country: Kentucky, U.S.A.
- Real job: Junkyard Co-Owner (although I know next to nothing about cars, unlike my brother and nephew)
- Real age:26
- Gender: Male
- Relationship status (married, single, in a long-term relationship, dating someone, "it's complicated", etc): Single, been told I'm too picky. But I would argue the fact, when it comes to that beautiful and elusive creature known simply as woman, I know what I like.
- Online archive of your creations: MartianBlue Universe - UGO Forums
- The best piece of HeroMachine art you've created: I have many I am quite proud of, but I would have to say my favorites, for multiple reasons, are my Mythic Series (...in the works...). Male example (Davithius The Rogue Prince):
Female example (Eurlia Dark Elf-Healer):
- Favorite all-time geeky movie if any: Pirates of the Caribbean
- Favorite all-time geeky book if any: Not much of a reader
- Favorite all-time geeky TV show if any: current - Supernatural / past - Quantum Leap
- Favorite all-time comic book character if any: Captain America (shhh. big secret)
- If you could have one super-heroic power in real life, you'd choose: Flight would be my desired effect, but Telekinesis would be my choice. It just has so many uses and mimicry abilities, from flight to super strength, etc.
- In your leisure time you like to: Write, Watch TV, Game (prefer story driven namely rpgs or Nintendo types like Mario and Zelda), and HeroMachine of course.
- Character design turn-ons (things you love to see that make for a good design): Details, the smallest details can make the biggest visual differences. And new implementations, I love seeing something I wouldn't of thought of an example being the gradient shading techniques I've seen lately.
- Character design turn-offs (things you hate to see that make for a bad design): Breaks in the design, when you can see where the illustration is actually connected instead of smoothly flowing from one piece to another.
- Best tip for a HeroMachine newbie: Dive In, Don't be afraid to dive into not only the program which is more powerful and versatile than I ever imagined, but also the community, there's lots of great creators out there, each with their own sets of skills, and all I've dealt with are more than willing to help.
- Any personal message you'd like to share with the HeroMachine community about Geek Life: For the first time, I'm at a loss for words 😉 Although I would like to take a minute and think our friend Jeff for this amazing program.
Always one of the most helpful and friendly members of the HeroMachine forums. Not to mention an exceptionally talented creator. It’s been a pleasure getting to know you and learning from you these past few years MB.
Also, Quantum Leap ftw 🙂
yes Quantum leap, your archive is great man!
Welcome aboard dear sir, glad to have you among our ranks.
Love your Comic Book Covers. Can’t imagine the effort that goes into creating them.
I like Eurlia. Don’t know if you read “Girl Genius”. She looks a lot like Jenka, the bear-riding Jägermonster.
Using telekinesis to mimic other powers. Never thought of that. You get down to it, that’s really the Green Lanterns’ power: will to TK.
Congrats, you do some good work, sir.
Congrats MartianBlue! …and seriously, was there ever anything sadder than the last five seconds of the last ep. of Quantum Leap?
Congrats and all the best, MartienBlue! Cheers!
congrats MB love your stuff
Congrats MartianBlue; I always like your stuff.
Another victory for the goatee! …But I was expecting a big blue dome.
WOOT, way to go MB!!!
Hey Jeff, almost forgot, the UGO forum is “not available”.
Nice one MartianBlue! I hadn’t seen Davithius before, that shield is just superb.
And it’s quite a coincidence, I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean just earlier today!
@Imp 10: Exactly! Where’s the blue head? Where’s the pipe? I don’t think this is the real Martian Blue, he looks absolutely nothing like his profile picture on ugo!
Hey I like the power grid Idea and stuff on the characters. I use to do stuff like that with my hand drawings when I was younger.
Well deserved, Cerulean Barsoomian.
Thank you all for the kind words, I’ve learnt so much from everyone just by looking at their creations be it here or the ugo forums. I rather enjoy seeing multiple takes on a single character such as Thor as well, it really shows how creative people can be.
Referring back to the blue dome, I originally had a hair version, and funny as he was, friends from the champions forum suggest he should be bald, I tended to agree and so… I only use the pipe when I wear my hawaiian shirt on trips to hawaii 😉 (“That’s a joke son”)
Again thank everyone here and on the ugo forums for everything
Jeff If were able to still nominate, I’d like to throw one in for our good friend Anarchangel, one of many great creators deserving a profile.