We got some great submissions for the centennial edition of the Caption Contest, so a hearty THANK YOU to everyone who entered! I got some good laughs out of them, starting the week out on a perfect note.
With great pleasure, therefore, I present your Finalists, the ones I thought were the funniest or cleverest:
- Joel: “Oh wait, it’s not? Sorry, could someone please tell me how I can get to Tokyo, sorry.”
- nakiato: This is the last time i travel though Arizona without my birth certificate !
- ajw: Extinct my ass!
- Mr.Chris: “Seriously. I just ate a blowpop, what color is my tongue?”
- HairWhip: “I’m the Hunchback of NotreDIE!!!!!!!!!!”
- Ian Thomas Healy: “I asked my doctor about Celebrex, and look at me now!”
- X-stacy: You can’t shoot me! I’m endangered!
- Malfar: Everybody stand still, I dropped a lens!
- Hunter-Hunted: “I put the ‘DIe’ in ‘DInosaur’!”
- Hunter-Hunted: “Opposable thumbs, Baby! Now how do you like that??”
- Patriot_Missile: Fin! Fang! BOOOOM!!
- Knighthawk: I’m a Tyrannosaurs Rex, I CAN’T put my hands on top of my head!
- frankie: “Vait! Don’t shoot. It’s me, Hitler.”
- JWTx: Say hello to my little arms!
Those are all strong contenders, but like Highlander there can be only one. And so without chopping off anyone's head with a samurai sword, I hereby choose as your overall winner ... Knighthawk!
As the centennial winner, Knighthawk will receive a custom black and white character sketch of one of their creations. Congratulations!
congrats knighthawk, second time I’ve said congratulations, first to Ultra marathon runner and basketball star dirk nowitzki in a dream and now you. And thanks jeff for my first qualifier!
the marathon part was from the dream.
A well-deserved win!
nice job knighthawk!
Congrats, Knighthawk. The minute I read that line, I knew it was the winner. 🙂
Sorry for such a long gap between winning and replying, internet was down for the week. So having won for the first time ever… what do I do now?
Knighthawk, just let me know either in a comment (to pretty much any post, though this one makes the most sense), or via the “Contact Us” form up there on the top right, or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) what you want for your prize and I’ll add it to The List.