(From "Four Favorites" number 7, 1942.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
I really wish I didn’t get it. That was really horrible.
I did get it, but it took a few seconds. Alas, in that space of time, he would surely have decked me.
Then again, maybe that was the point: while we’re trying to make sense of a bad joke, he clobbers us?
I guess all the simple names for punches are taken. Maybe that guy used to have a simpler name for the move, but was sued for copyright infringement.
@Jeff: When will we have “Open Critique Day”?
WTH?! What does it mean? It makes no sense!!! i don’t get his punch line! I get Jeff’s but not his!!!
The punch is called the “one-legged-man punch”–because it only needs one sock. Sock being another word for punch, back in the day. It’s a pretty groan-worthy pun.
Is that Starro making that terrible joke?
ops sorry, I wanted to say maybe you can add some parts from spore creep and cute?
it means sock as in ‘punch’ he only needs one punch to take them down, and a one legged man only needs one sock.
ooooook, next time i comment, im gonna read the other ones first…
Politically Incorrect Man, defender of America’s freedom!
ahhhh…I get it now…I was reading the hyphenated words as one object. Thus, “one-legged-man” and “punch-one” were throwing me off. Reading the hyphen between “punch” and “one” as a break between two statements makes MUCH more sense!
so is it a punch to be used by one-legged men, or to hit one-legged men?
Looks kinda like Evil Star to me, Laridian.
I think his name is Captain Courageous, and his outfit is all stars-and-stripes themed. Why the giant face-sucking star on his head is blue instead of white, as in the actual flag, I do not know. Out of the four favorites appearing in “Four Favorites” (Magno, Lightning, Unknown Soldier, and Captain Courageous), his is definitely the worst costume. And that’s saying something!
Thanks Bael. It’s been years since I had to think about which character had a star on their face. 😀
It sounds like the title of the next ‘big’ animie series.
If you think about it…..