(From "Wonder Comics" number 8, 1946.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
…wow… Do you actually LOOK for this stuff, or is it advertised in bight neon colors “Innuendos Inside”?
When you’re as immature as I am, EVERYTHING jumps out at you with innuendo.
On a more serious note, I churn through an awful lot of Golden Age Comics to get a relative handful of these. The further forward in time you go, the less likely you are to hit something funny, because the language has (obviously) shifted over time.
On this particular panel, what really caught my eye was “I sponged off my father.” EEEEEWWWW!!!!
That’s just so wrong…
This reminds me of a line from an old Tom Lehrer song, “When correctly viewed, everything is lewd.”
“I won’t take it back. I’m proud of what I’ve got, and that I’ve worked long and hard to get it. I won’t have you ramming any of my long, hard efforts down my throat.”