(Edited to Add: From "Strange Fantasy", No. 2, 1953.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Please tell me the era that put out this one, so I can at least do the obligatory nod and say “Yeah, we’ve gotten quite far from that time, fortunately. Still work to do.”
Oh, I meant to put in the credit, thanks Skiriki.
Strangely, pretty much that same line is said by Ilsa in “Casablanca” from 1942: “Oh, I don’t know what’s right any longer. You have to think for both of us. For all of us.”
My sister and I were watching it on TCM or whatever and when that line comes out we both sat bolt upright and were like “did we just hear what we thought we did?!”
Apparently 11 years later it was still working enough to get stolen and stuck into a comic book.
I was just gonna reference Casablanca as well.
…what, you mean it’s not true anymore?
What a polite date-rapist, giving her a week’s advance notice like that!
Strange Fantasy, huh? Sounds like one’a them codependent “I want sumthin’ go ouchie” relationships… Not brand ecch.
…what? We can’t think for two people! let a lone ourselves!
That reminds me of a line from an old low budget sci-fi flick called “Missle To the Moon”. Earthman says to Moonmaiden: “Don’t think,baby; just be beautiful!”
Eh. As Strange Fantasies go, that’s pretty mild. Maybe if he throws in a chicken or a pint of glue…