Our Poll Position question for this week puts you in the director's chair:
Discussion after the jump.
- Aliens: Since Aliens can be slaughtered with regular gunfire, I'm not sure how much of a fight this would be. But, there ARE a lot of them, and it would be kind of cool if one of them slipped into Banner, burst out through his stomach as a Hulk-alien, then Banner turns into Hulk to fight them. And the whole time he's fighting them, Betty's trying to figure out how to heal Banner once he takes back over from the Hulk. So yeah, that could be cool.
- Christian Bale-era Batman: I am not sure how well a concept like The Hulk fits into the true-to-reality essence of the Dark Knight franchise, but come on -- Batman vs. The Hulk. The money practically prints itself!
- Godzilla: 'Nuff said.
- Predators: We know these guys travel the galaxy looking for challenging prey. What could be more challenging than The Hulk? You could go in two directions with this. Either Banner stumbles into the Predators in the jungle while he's on the run and they accidentally come to fight, or the Predators see the TV footage of the Hulk on a rampage and hunt down Banner to figure out where he is and how they can get their prey to appear.
- Superman: Even the concept is better than anything in "Superman Returns" after the plane-rescue scene.
- Transformers: I thought this was kind of a stupid poll idea until I got to this one. And then I was like "Hey, wait, a Transformers vs. Hulk movie would actually be kind of cool."
So looking over the list, I actually have to say that my testosterone would want to see "Hulk vs. Transformers", but I think you could actually make a pretty decent movie with "Hulk vs. Aliens".
I would choose Batman. I can see the posters already: Marvel Studios and Warner Bros. Presents:
The Incredible Hulk VS. The Goddamn Batman
It would probably beat Titanic at the B.O.
Transformers. Giant green monster vs giant robots. How can ya lose? Haven’t you done a poll similar to this?
Some pretty similar ones, DJ, but not one that’s focused on a Hulk movie like this. I know, they all sort of run together …
For my money, it’d be Predators. I just love them and a Hulk/Predator fight could look pretty damn sweet.
I chose Godzilla, and I’d want the cheesy Japanese movie effects as well.
Chose Alien just for the idea of a hulklien thing
1) I’ve been a fan of those since Gen1, and I enjoy seeing what happens to them (right up until the actual instant I, y’know, -see- what happened) with each re-imagining.
2) I’ve been curious about the Marvel Hero/Transformers things I’ve seen on the shelves in stores, and although I know it wouldn’t happen, I’m picturing the Hulk version showing up in the movie.
3) “Hulk Smash Puny Car!”
“Oh yeah? Puny Car smash Hulk back!”
I chose transformers. Just imagine Prime saying ” Slag the decepticons we gotta fight this giant green monster”
I voted for Aliens, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought Predator would be a way cooler movie. Maybe they could have an Arnold cameo… 😀
TheImp- AHNOLD SMASH HULK BACK!
Okay, how about Hulk versus Goshira (Godzilla to those of you who are only familiar with the American version), with the JSDF hiring Tony Stark to design them a bunch of Giant Robots to add to, er, limit the property damage? Tell me THAT wouldn’t be cool! :->
Predator seems the more natural story. They seek out challenges, know earth, and would be fighting for a chance at that trophy. Batman would have to spend the time trying to out-smart him, which would bore a lot of audiences. The others could pretty much have their way with him.