Vampyrist’s Corner

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Vampyrist’s Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks everyone. Now that I’m on thanksgiving break, I have a little time to create.

Here is captain Nossifer Ahtu of the pirate ship Orlok. He is infested with nanobots that help him heal from almost any wound, but at the cost of needing to drain nutrients from others. Since he is a bloodthirsty criminal, this does not bother him.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

darkvatican

You can tell he’s a villain by the fact that he always wears a belly shirt. Sooo eeeeeeviiiiiiiil…! ;-]

That background is absolutely stellar, man! ^_^

In all seriousness, I like the design, how you’ve go the shredded cloth coming out from beneath the cybernetic/armor pieces. And the background really is very cool. I don’t know where people get the idea for such interesting backgrounds, because I can never come up with such good designs. *shrugs*

What are you studying in college, by the way?

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Great concept with Nossifer – love the name/reference and the design is awesome. I think the way you’ve explained his ‘vampirism’ with the nanobots is a really neat way to bring the traditional vampire into a sci-fi setting.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks guys and for the background, it came from he’s a space (stars) pirate (skull).  As per my education, I’m studying chemical engineering. Its hard, very hard, it might be slowly killing me, but I enjoy it and it will pay the bills when I graduate in a year and a half or so.

darkvatican

…I’m studying chemical engineering. Its hard, very hard, it might be slowly killing me, but I enjoy it and it will pay the bills when I graduate in a year and a half or so.

Wow, chemical engineering… That’s some dense stuff! I was pursuing civil engineering (lightweight, in comparison), and I had to change majors because I couldn’t stand being in school for so long. lol Good luck!

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks and sorry for the late reply, finals got the best of me. But now I’m free, at least for a month that is.

Here is an update on my half angelic hero, Seraph. He’s the son of the archangel Michael and a human woman who was raised in heaven to be a heavenly warrior. He was raised and mentored by his father, who was forbidden to tell his son his identity as punishment for breaking the law regarding siring demihumans. As a half angel, he has all the powers of an angel including the ability to control holy light and shape it into weapons or wings and the ability to heal wounds of all sizes. As Seraph, he fights demonic threats on earth and has fought alongside other magical heroes.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is Dylan Blake, a half angel half demon ward of Father Timothy McMahon. His angel father abandoned him and his demonic mother at his birth. The father would later be stripped of his powers and become the magic fueled angel hunter known as the fallen angel. Dylan and his mother lived on the run from both Heaven and Hell for fifteen years before she finally died at the hands of a demon. Father McMahon witnessed this and took the boy in. Through Father McMahon’s connections with Metatron, Dylan was offered sanctuary from both sides. Dylan reluctantly agreed and has since began to view the Father as the father he never had. He has started to form a life in the crime ridden neighborhood and has even made a few friends, including the half angel Seraph, much to both their surprise. He uses his anger alongside his angelic and demonic powers to help cleanse the neighborhood of various supernatural threats.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is a redesign of my British hero, Excalibur. A descendant of Arthur and current wielder of the famous sword, James Taylor, he uses the weapon and his magical knowledge to defend Britain from magical threats.

He received the blade on his twenty first birthday by Merlin, who lives in the pocket dimension where the Magus’s (The strongest magician of a generation and protector of Earth) library exists. In this dimension, time flows slower than the real world, with a year in the dimension equaling a day in the real world. In addition to the time dilation, the dimension also halts aging of those in the dimension. This last fact has allowed Merlin to survive hundreds of years after he was supposed to have died. In the years since he was poisoned, he has mainly stayed in the dimension, training various magicians who have went inside, mainly the Magus of every generation. Recently, he has trained Myles Carter, the current Magus.

After nearly being killed by Mordred, the descendant of the man of the same name, James trained under Merlin to be a better swordsman and magician for three years in the pocket dimension. He dedicated himself to this training. When he came out of the dimension, he had become one of the best swordsmen and magicians on the planet. The experience changed James from the cheerful young man he was into a harder, more serious hero. Since then, he has clashed with and defeated Mordred several times. As Excalibur, he is one of Britain and the world’s greatest magical defenders.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is James Taylor’s girlfriend, Christie Sanders. She works for the same company he does and they’ve been happily dating for two years. She became aware of his heroing antics after he disappeared for three weeks to train for three years in Merlin’s dimension. When he came back, she was furious and worried at his disappearance. He decided it was time to tell her why he vanished and what he’d been doing on his late night escapades. She had to deal with this revelation alongside her boyfriend’s sudden, in her view, personality change. He was less fun, more serious and this took some getting used to. Eventually she did, and they were happy for a time.

Unfortunately, when Morgan Le Fay was resurrected, she decided to use Christie’s body as her vessel as a way to spite Arthur’s descendant. Christie has now become Morgan Le Fay, one of Excalibur’s greatest foes.  She is one of the strongest sorcerers on the planet and has taken up a partnership with Mordred. Excalibur clashes with the pair often and is trying his hardest to bring back the love of his life, if she still exists in her own body.

Note: Here are two alternate looks for her Morgan possessed look, I’d like opinions on which works better.

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

I like the crossed laced shirt better.  I would also suggest to lower her eyebrows to give a more menacing look.  Place some black gradients behind her eyes for some evil demonic eyes.  Nice job.

Cheers!

Vampyrist
    Participant

How does this look?

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

I’m still alive! School has kept me busy and now that there is a slight lull in tests, I thought I’d create a couple things. Here is something I actually started a few weeks back and finally finished.

Agent Darien Kent was born with the ability to see truth. This means that he sees through illusions, can see being’s true forms, and occasionally see the future. He investigates various paranormal crimes across the US for the government and uses his sight along with a supply of antimagic weaponry to fight evil forces.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is a new guy, Jerome Crouse, AKA the speedster Speedway!

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is a character for last week’s character design contest that I was working on that I didn’t finish in time. Now that I have a week off, I’m expecting to do a little more machining.

The Azure Defender

You were working in a secret government lab, when a freak accident gave you unearthly powers!

Laser Blasts – You can generate focussed blasts of laser light powerful enough to devastate your opponents!

and…

Power Dampening – You have the ability to act as a dampener, temporarily removing the superpowers of anyone you encounter!

Now, you protect Futureville from corrupt congressmen, while also battling the evil plans of Astara, Lady of the Night!

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

C. Sanders looks playable by Paltrow. Good stuff here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 1,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.