Trekkie’s World

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Trekkie’s World

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 436 total)
  • Author

Trekkie
    Participant

Another Western-inspired piece, because I’ve been watching too many westerns. And I also wanted to try doing facial details (such as creases) using eyebrows.

The town sheriff, and she’s got no time for outsiders who only arrive looking for a fight

(I’ve often wondered, what roles did women play in the Old West outside of the confines of 19th-century gender roles?)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Trekkie
    Participant

An entry for this week’s challenge:

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

You won’t get much from history on the subject of what people “did” unless they had people praising them or being their biographer. Or wrote journals. For example, journalists in newspapers around the time of Jack the Ripper occasionally pandered to the public, declaring that women were far too ‘delicate’ to do things that their contemporaries in law enforcement knew better than believe. Polite society would frequently claim women couldn’t do things that were, [ahem] done by women in alleys seven blocks away.

So–if the woman failed or died in her last effort, she might have done anything at all. In the pioneer days, women survived however they did without telling anyone. As long as no one KNEW, no insecure males or overzealous females felt the need to put them in their place. The frontier was, therefore, perfect for the more capable woman and horrible for the historian.

So, make a situ where a woman HAD to do something that no one would’ve found out about, and write your story.

Funkmachine7
    Participant

The wild west has a problem of get misogynist portrayals, women are sidelined in to the kitchen and ignored in to the background.

Part of this is that action storeys ignore the really of pioneering and its politics, and have a six gun-toting white man shoot every problem.

Trekkie
    Participant

I am not dead! (I liiiiive!!)

Yeah, sorry I haven’t been around. College work, coursework, and spending a lot of time working on a writing and drawing project (I have been pretty active and posting art on tumblr, though).

Anyway, here’s something quick-ish I did to try and get back into things (I know, rubbish name):

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

*puts on mad scientist voice* It’s ALIVE!!!

Good to have you back.

Trekkie
    Participant

Nice to be back around. I’ll try and make the effort to not disappear for several months on end again. ‘Try’ being the key word…

Trekkie
    Participant

Hey, look who’s reemerged from the void

I haven’t actually done any heromachining in quite a while, but the other day I discovered there were some new items, so I decided to have a play with them on Ada Wilder- a character I’ve been working on a lot (mainly on tumblr).

Admittedly, it wasn’t entirely from scratch because I used the face of the western character at the top of page and modified it a tiny bit -it was already fairly similar to how I draw her-. I’m quite pleased with the masking job I did to get the suit jacket fit right

If anyone’s interested, I could post a drawing of her as well

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Welcome back. You are now not allowed to go away anymore. Carry on. 😉

Trekkie
    Participant

I’ll try and stick around longer this time

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

Wow, just wow. Very nice-looking creations you have here.

your style (+1)

just everything (+1)

overall: <gives JR chain to keep Trekkie create in Heromachine forever> (+1)

Trekkie
    Participant

Thank you!

And to prove I’m here to stay (for a while, at least), here’s something I did today:

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Awesome

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

“And here is creation named “Twilight City”, the only existing creation showing Lull-carae leaving earth without any traditional engine after getting slaped by epic style of Trekkie. If you look closely, you can see how he shows both thubs up to show even more respect over Treekie creations”

(+1)

Vampyrist
    Participant

That is beautiful!

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.