Suleman's creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Suleman's creations

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 388 total)
  • Author

Suleman
    Participant

I was lacking in inspiration, so I decided to heed the old rule “When in doubt, make robot dinosaurs”. This is also known as the Folly Of Primus.

In all seriousness, though, the reason I made this is because I noticed one of the shoe items in Heromachine looked like a head. The dinosaur’s head is a shoe. THE DINOSAUR’S HEAD IS A SHOE.

EDIT:

I made an updated version. The legs were too short and too spread apart to work on a bipedal robot

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Well i did a bit more work on the horse woman raider and her goons.

Suleman
    Participant

Nice! I like the changes you made. The strapped chest symbol on the rider is especially nice.

I’m still up for art trades, but I guess I could also try doing my schoolwork instead.

Herr D
    Participant

I was lacking in inspiration, so I decided to heed the old rule “When in doubt, make robot dinosaurs”. This is also known as the Folly Of Primus. In all seriousness, though, the reason I made this is because I noticed one of the shoe items in Heromachine looked like a head. The dinosaur’s head is a shoe. THE DINOSAUR’S HEAD IS A SHOE.  

Appropriate, since some dinobrains were in their tails. APPROPRIATE, SINCE SOME DINOBRAINS WERE IN THEIR TAILS.  As for the Folly of Primus, the results are sublimus!

Suleman
    Participant

I’m sorry to inform you that some dinosaurs having secondary brains near their tails is a myth.

In other news, I wrote a quick newbie tutorial for how to save larger heromachine designs without the image being cut off awkwardly.

Suleman
    Participant

This is agent Magpie, one of the rebel leaders working against the rule of the evil Empress and her lady knights.

Due to what was probably a failed hanging, Magpie’s throat was badly injured and left her voice a croaking rasp. She doesn’t talk much, but she does organize sabotage, assassinations and just generally the kind of necessary dirty work that most rebels don’t want to think about. She runs a tight ship, though, and does not tolerate needless thuggery.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok, so, where to start?

The pose is fantastic, really gives her a rogue-ish feel right from the start. The face is wonderful, the quizzical look coming across as both serious and a little playful. I love the little details you put into the costume, of course the shackles on her feet tying into the backstory, same with the neck scarf (which I assume hides a rather nasty scar). Of course I have to mention the shading. You’ve done that Candruth thing of doing such a good job that in places I can’t tell how much you’ve actually done. The shading on the skin is especially well done and using a blue highlight to contrast the black hair adds so much depth, great idea, it really works. You could have used a darker highlighting colour on the bottom of the skirt and maybe on the top, but that’s only nitpicking.

Brilliant job.

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Dam thats good.

Suleman
    Participant

Thanks JR and Funkmachine! Glad to see you dig it.

This thread is eating my posts again, I’m afraid. I made a guide and posted it at Deviantart:

http://sulemania.deviantart.com/journal/Heromachine-3-Points-of-contact-682022690

I tried posting it here but it disappeared after I edited it.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Suleman- I had a simular problem a few days ago trying to copy text from Deviantart to the forum (which I assume you tried as well). I got around it by copying the text into Word and then pasting the text from Word into the text section of the reply rather than the visual and then editing that post to add the images. Useful to know someone else has had this problem.

Funkmachine7
    Participant

I’ve got that problem as well i can post a new post here but i can’t get a new post in my from a song contest.

Suleman
    Participant

Still haven’t made anything new, I’ve been lacking inspiration.

I did make a simple background for Lady Turtle and gave her an imperial soldier cohort.

This was for a custom Magic The Gathering card I was tinkering with.

Lady Turtle

If you wanna see the rest of the cards I’ve been playing around with, here’s a link for you.

Suleman
    Participant

Similarly, a quick new background/foreground for Lady Buffalo. She can get pretty unpleasant once she’s got that helm on.

Suleman
    Participant

Gave Lady Anaconda a quick background as well.

Suleman
    Participant

Another quick (NOT REALLY THAT QUICK) background for an old lady knight design, this time Lady Mammoth.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 388 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.