RobM’s Sentinels’ Comic Covers

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Posters, Covers, & Cards RobM’s Sentinels’ Comic Covers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)
  • Author

Myro
    Participant

I’m going to have to agree with JR and Vampyrist. I’m usually a sucker for the stark black background and the light glow that draws your eye in, but the symbolism of the giant phoenix in the background of the second cover really grabs me.
    Having said, good job on both.

RobM
    Participant

I prefer the second design also. My favorite part is the shattered helmet, and I think that gets lost a little in the black background. Thanks for the compliments.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Yeah, the shattered helmet stands out in the second cover. And I can’t remember the last time an annual was only $1! Maybe the late 70’s – early 80’s?

RobM
    Participant

Here are the two issues preceding the annual:
    Sentinels255RampagingMindTide.pngSentinels256Smash.png

RobM
    Participant

The second annual:SentinelsAnnual2-GorillaAssaultFrontCoverOnly.pngGorilla-Assault-Gatefold-Copy.png

Herr D
    Participant

25% inflation over one year. Wow. That’s as bad as 2002 – now. I’ve noticed some prices in various categories climbing at that rate for nearly twelve years now. Was the silver age in the late ’70’s? That’s the last time I remember inflation that bad.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Herr D said:

25% inflation over one year. Wow. That’s as bad as 2002 – now. I’ve noticed some prices in various categories climbing at that rate for nearly twelve years now. Was the silver age in the late ’70’s? That’s the last time I remember inflation that bad.

Silver Age ended in approximately ’73 I believe. There is much debate over it but it’s generally held to be the early 70’s.
    Your friendly neighbourhood comics history man

Loving the covers Rob, I could definitely see them on an old spinner rack in some small town comic store.

Mr.jack

how you do those poses,are great
    and how you do to put the clothes of side?
    goodbyehttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

RobM
    Participant

Sentinels250XmarksTheSpot-2.png

Scatman

These are just awesome,keep em’ comin’!

RobM
    Participant

Sentinels258StateoftheGalaxy.png

Scatman

Awesome yet again!

RobM
    Participant

The story so far…
    Sentinels150ObsidianTiger.pngSentinels166Newspaper.pngSentinels174Invasion.pngSentinels178StarshipNebula.pngSentinels191Outpost.pngSentinels209RiseElementalWerewolvesCopy.pngSentinels210AttackElementalWerewolves.pngSentinels211ReignElementalWerewolvesCopy.pngSentinels212ConflagrationElementalWerewolvesCopy.pngSentinels213BottledCity.pngSentinels215ToySoldiers.pngSentinels217TheCrucibleCopy.png

RobM
    Participant

Sentinels228DoomsdayAsteroid.pngSentinels239RestorationFox.pngSentinels247MicroCosmos.pngSentinels250XmarksTheSpot-1.pngSentinels255RampagingMindTide.pngSentinels256Smash.pngSentinelsAnnual-1Redemption.pngSentinelsAnnual1RedemptionVariant.pngSentinels258StateoftheGalaxy-1.pngSentinelsAnnual2-GorillaAssaultGatefoldCopy.png

RobM
    Participant

Here is the cover for a crossover special with prswirve’s character Lee Jensen
    SentinelsMeetLeeJensen-2.png

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.