ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Scuffles
    Participant

Although on the outside the once grand abbey looked tranquil & peaceful, the inside however, told a very different story had the abbey still been intact. The nuns & monks that had run this place were quite strict when it came to disciplining the mixture of children that resided here, teaching them what they called spiritual enlightenment, the art of some very unorthodox fighting techniques, both unarmed & the way of countless exotic yet deadly weapons. Unknown to the children at the time, they now belonged to a very influential organisation known only to most as the Covenant of The Crimson Rose, some told of how the inhabitants were nothing but greedy grave robbers, whilst others believe a more sinister force was behind the monastery, only those most trusted guild members were aware of the truth. Most of their wealth had came from the former Queen of the Dragontooth Dunes herself, with the intention of using it as a training ground for her own personal bodyguards & assassins. Known only as Lady Maultooth, one of the students that had lived & studied here, even at a young age the girl showed no mercy, her dedication to her studies & training was almost inhuman, although her tutors sometimes questioned her mental stability, they could not help but be amazed by the almost unearthly grace, elegance & agility with which she moved.
    For years they tried to control the adolescent youngsters fiery, hot headed, truly terrifying temper, most of the other students whom she was much smaller than refused to train with her for fear of being mortally wounded, perhaps even killed by this merciless, somewhat unrelenting, brutally savage & barbaric female who seemed to gain great pleasure from ripping out people’s hearts with her bare hands. Her skill with weapons scared them even more than fighting her unarmed, most couldn’t even lift the huge spear made of bone which she seemingly wielded with astonishing ease.

shoulder is the lower part of the armour, the blade is her hair and the blunt is the lower half of the spear shaft

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Scuffles
    Participant

oh ffs now I have put 2 pics of it on here sorry bout that lol, oh and quick question how do I put pics on here like some of you seem to have ie the bigger picture and not just attachment if that makes any sense

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Korus- Adding pictures into your posts rather than as an attachment is quite simple. If you look at the reply box, you can see it has a bar at the top with Bold, Italic etc. The last symbol there (the clip art mountains and sun in a box thing) if you click on that, you can insert an image into your post by pasting a direct hyperlink to the picture in there. Basically, if you open the attachments in a new tab, you then copy that hyperlink. You should be able to edit any posts you make so once you upload the attachment, quickly edit the post so the picture is in the post as well. It also works if you have pictures on other websites such as Photobucket or Deviantart.

Herr D
    Participant

@Korus: Bazang! Welcome Korus. Hope you continue coming in ‘versus’ and ‘refrain’ from breaking any forum rules.

@JR
    : Strange Train . . . ’80’s British pop video or ’90’s American new wave video?

@Chr S: I only have one weapon in my arsenal against THAT level of excellence–multiplicity of creative use in a humorous fashion!

@ev1: sorry for so much absence–IRL stuff has just multiplied recently. Trying to cram the lid back on.

. . . still on that Western theme from my last contest entry, here’s an ad from the year 2987

*Shoulder armor item made a great saddle and a fair bowlful of hamburger. The spiked hammerhead made good robot limb parts and spurs, a fair meatgrinder, and, stretched out and spun, a good blue ribbon floret. The ‘chardeesh’ (sp?) blade came in really handy. Four in the hat, two for head trim, one smile,  and one stirrup.

Scuffles
    Participant

lol il try not 2 and like yours very clever use of the parts

Keric
    Participant

@ Herr, Why are you asking JR about Strange Train?  He had nothing to do with it!!

For what it’s worth Strange Train was base on Dreamweaver, and the Dream police, so I’d say it’s mid 80’s new wave?

Herr D
    Participant

@ Herr, Why are you asking JR about Strange Train? He had nothing to do with it!! For what it’s worth Strange Train was base on Dreamweaver, and the Dream police, so I’d say it’s mid 80’s new wave?

I figure he’s a music major–might have an opinion more informed than mine. I’m pleased I was close to your intent with my interpretation. Christi S was right–it really DOES look like a video still.

Christi S
    Participant

@Chr S: I only have one weapon in my arsenal against THAT level of excellence–multiplicity of creative use in a humorous fashion!

Omfg, that is wonderful! I grin every time I look at it hahah; you should pull that out of your arsenal more often! XD

Also, that ribbon! <3

Keric
    Participant

Well, it’s the 31st so IT”S JUDGMENT DAY!!!

Korus~ this was your first entry into this contest, and I found a lot of things that I would have done with those pieces!

The problem is Christi’s picture is a brilliant use of perspective, and using classic “art” definitions, she beat you like a drum!

That being said,  Herr had one weapon against THAT level of excellence–multiplicity of creative use in a humorous fashion!

Well, Herr, you used that weapon to Extreme effect, because YOU WIN!!!!!

Herr, PICK YOUR 3 AND YOUR DUE DATE

Christi S
    Participant

Congrats Herr! Well deserved! ^_^

Scuffles
    Participant

yep I thought bout what else could of done after id posted but figured only 1 entry was allowed, and agree the other 2’s entries were much better but I expected them to be anyway since I’m fairly new at using HM anyway & gratz herr

Herr D
    Participant

. . . I won?! Oh . . . I really thought Christie S. would win that.

THANK YOU!

Sorry I didn’t check on it yesterday; it was a remarkably busy day. My ventures only fared fairly well, but no revenge is coming my way, because I only handled uh–logistics. And I got to see how many people in my area I don’t want to know anything about me at all . . .

On the matter at hand! Three items, or three mouths to feed all the abuses you can manage with grace in but one picture. Due 4/18/17 6pm EST, to be judged hopefully before noon next day.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Scuffles
    Participant

1st mouth; the eyes, nose & mouth, 2nd mouth; the arms & legs, 3rd mouth; eyebrows, moustache & the sun

Herr D
    Participant

Korus! I’m sorry no one competed with you on this. It’s a deserved win even without the competition, though. Of your misuses, your centipede’s nose is the only one I might’ve changed–I’d probably have inverted it and squunched it on the x-axis. Your sun and legs are fantastic, and is that cane made out of the starved leg?

Pick three, set a deadline, and prepare yourself to judge!

Scuffles
    Participant

i had noticed i was only one lol, its actually the pipe from items right if memory serves me correctly

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.