My new Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery My new Creations

Viewing 14 posts - 286 through 299 (of 299 total)
  • Author

Stulte
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

“Whether drugs or guns, these people will kill themselves and each other either way. I just supply both means.”

Now that’s badass.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Yeah Stulte, in my mind I see Mr. Zigg as pretty hardcore. I need help and opinions with this next character. I see Manzarak as an ultimate mystic type, in the Dr. Fate mold. I purposely left him faceless because the idea I have for him is that it is the headgear that is possessed and in turn possesses the wearer. I’m not sure if the headgear will be the soul of some ancient mystic, or if I will make it a manifestation of one of my cosmic beings, The Eternium, but the faceless body represents it is the headgear, not the person himself, with the power. Which headgear/look do you guys think is best? If you want to post a shot of another piece of headgear as a suggestion, that’s cool.MANZARAK-BARE.pngMANZARAK.pngMANZARAK2.pngMANZARAK3.png

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Manzarak looks great, picking the best looking headgear was kinda tough for me, but for some reason the hood is the look I like the most on him. I do also like the helmet on Manzarak 2 as a second choice.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Jeimuzu, I was liking the hood more myself, but didn’t say so because I did not want to influence opinions, but I think I might end up with that. I’ll give it a bit more time to see if I get other suggestions, then do a fully finished version. This color scheme screams for some highlighting. Here’s a female version of Manzarak with a full face and more details, but the concept of the headgear and not the person holding the power remains.MANZARAK-FMLE.pngMANZARAK-FMLE-HDSHT.png

Legatus
    Participant

That is a fantastic look. You should stick to the female version.

..but a hood holding mystic powers? I’d prefer a tiara hidden under the hood. When she takes off the hood and reveals the tiara, you know it means business. Laugh

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

That’s a good idea, Legatus. I went with the hood because I felt it was enough to model him/her after Dr. Fate and though I consider a helmet, the hood is a cool departure, giving my character my individuality and being less derivative. I also took a bit of inspiration from an episode of The Simpsons, where Moe’s bar rag was telling it’s story and revealed it was originally a tapestry. A hood would be an interesting thing for a spirit to possess. I’m going to toy with your idea, though.

EDIT: While I really like the look of female Manzarak, I have way more female characters than males in my universe. Trying to achieve some balance.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

After the rampage of Big Bitch some time ago, when Mountain Man appeared, no one was taking any chances. Miss X, being ever leery of the Organization’s motives, personally requested Starchild come to handle this monster. Unlike Big Bitch, who was a volunteer unhappy with the results of the work the Organization did to her, Mountain Man was a convict offered amnesty to undergo treatments with the intention of being used as a living weapon. And of course, he obviously took advantage of the situation, breaking out of the test facility and proving to be too strong for the nueral implants supposed to suppress him in case of emergencies. Miss X questions why the Organization would take a chance on such a person, and why their so called failsafe measures didn’t do their job.Mountain-Man.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

My take on a Tikbalang for Prswyrve. I started this some time ago and honestly don’t remember if i posted it anywhere.Tikbalang-w.i.p..png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Nemesis. Greek Goddess of Vengance. Not 100% complete. I seem to remember seeing small wings like those on Namor’s ankles, which I wanted to use, but can’t remember where I saw them. Didn’t want to resize single wings from the Backplane section and lose detail. Any idea where the wings I want are, or am I wrong? Nemesis.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

The Namor foot wings are in Foot- Male (either one I believe).

Herr D
    Participant

Manzarak hood or no I’m thinking isn’t so relevant. Opens up a chance to surprise audience with a costume change / disguise. (I’ve always been entertained when someone/something of unusual power level just blandly uses some prosaic thing to get the job done. Like maybe Batman could go for style deflecting bullets with his gauntlets but chooses to use the ‘close elevator door button’ instead?)

What I DO care about is the mask itself. Looking like a faceless head opens up this ‘other’ mystic possibility: maybe the mask suppresses his entire ‘real’ identity, allowing his full potential to emerge.

Some people say that Heaven is where souls go when all their ‘earthly cares have been stripped away.’
    –That means it’s the wearer’s own soul that is doing the mystic stuff . . . Surprised

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, JR. Found them! Herr D, that’s a pretty deep concept. What I had in mind was, like Dr. Fate, the headgear holds the power, the person is just the wielder; for lack of a better description the person is the tool of the possessing entity. I was favoring the hood because it’s such an unassuming object. As I think on it now, it could be thousands of years old and while everybody knew of this great article of power existing, think how many times it was passed over because no one would believe a simple cloth hood could hold such great power! The more I think of it, a helmet would be too derivative, a mask corny, (how many magicians/mystics wear masks?). I think the hood is perfect. Now the female with the face I like, but I might stick with plan A and just have a faceless character with black eyes. Total anonymity for the wearer when not possessed by Manzarak. The power makes one’s face disappear as long as they wear the headgear. And because it also serves to mystically protect it’s host, it is not likely to be knocked off in battle. The hood, for all intents and purposes, is alive. This is all coming to me as I write this reply, so I still don’t know what I’ll end up with.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

CRAP!!! I knocked over my Macbook last night so now it’s not working. All my saves gone and no back up! Got a cheap refurbished laptop running Windows XP to get me through with the basics but it really sucks. I’ll just have start from scratch. Hopefully I can get my Macbook up and running again, or I’ll just save for a new one because I really prefer it to Windows.

Stulte
    Participant

Oh, that sucks. Hope you’ll be able to get your data back.

Viewing 14 posts - 286 through 299 (of 299 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.