My new Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery My new Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 299 total)
  • Author

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Here’s a couple I did for Weilyn’s Age Before Beauty challenge.big-baby-1.pngold-mage-1.pngmage-hdsht-1.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I loved Atomic Punk’s Amy Atom/One Armed Bandit story so much I had to try and illustrate it. HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION
    Amy Atom and The One-Armed Bandit by WMDBASSPLAYER; Story by The Atomic Punk
    Mrs. Finkelstein stood by the door smiling as the students sluffed into the classroom. The first day of their senior year and she could not be more proud.
    “Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen! It’s going to be an exciting year, you betcha,” she proclaimed. “So, let’s start with some positive energy. Who wants to tell the class what they did over summer vacation?”
    Silence. Finally, Tim Overton rose from his desk and walked to the chalkboard. “Yo, Ms. F., I got something for ya.”
    “Why thank you, Timothy. Please remove your hat. Or at least face it front. And, sakes, pull up your pants!”
    Tim jostled his jeans a little. “Ok, so like the bowling team. We went to Enyce for our trip.”
    Mrs. Finkelstein interrupted, “Ooh, that’s a long way from our fair city of White Place, Dairyland, USA.”
    Tim continued, “Yeah, it is. So we decided to sneak out of the hotel one night…”
    B’ waved his hand, “Man, you guys hear about Amy Atom fighting off the One-Armed Bandit?”
    “Bryan, please don’t interrupt.”
    Tim paced back and forth with exaggerated hand gestures. “Hear about it? B’, we were there!”
    That piqued the room’s attention. Students muttered and hooted. “Whoa!” “No way!” “You’re bs’ing us, man!”
    “Yeah, so check,” Tim continued pacing. “It was me, Rufus, J-Pow, and MaxCat. We snuck out of the hotel. We got on the subway but got lost.”
    Mrs. Finkelstein: “Well, you shouldn’t go around a strange city without adult supervision, donchya know.”
    “Yeah, huh… ok… so we started doubling back but they had shut down the subway. Fire on the tracks or sumfin’. It’s really late and half the street lights are out. All of a sudden, there’s this armored truck barrelling down the street. We tried to wave him over but they wouldn’t stop.
    “MaxCat looks up and sees this red glowing ball like bouncing from rooftop to rooftop. It stops and all of a sudden, this huge red laser beam comes from it. Bam! Knocks the truck into a building.”
    The class was all ears. No one dared to even blink.
    “Then the red ball jumps down from like 20 stories or sumfin’ like dat. Holy crap! It’s the One-Armed Bandit! He doesn’t even look at us. He’s going straight for the armored truck. Then from down the street, this purple laser blasts. Wham! Sends the One-Armed Bandit flying. Oh, he was pissed!
    “He gets up to look what hit him. He was all: ‘Amy Atom, you… runt!’ Then man… freaking light show! Just boom and pow and sizzle. Red and purple beams blasting away! Crazy! So me and Rufus and J-Pow and MaxCat all jump behind the hole in the wall, ducking for cover.
    “This goes on for like ten minutes! Amy Atom was all: ‘Fool, you’re mine!’ The One-Armed Bandit was like: ‘Bring it, little girl.’ Just freaking epic!
    “Just as Amy was about to take him down, the One-Armed Bandit fires a shot in our direction. It hit the armored truck behind us. Man, we were so lucky not to get hit by parts and debris! Then we heard the guards in the truck moaning and yelling for help.
    “It was enough to distract Amy. In that brief moment, the One-Armed Bandit escaped.
    “J-Pow was: ‘Can you believe that midget let him get away.’ Yeah… that didn’t impress Amy at all.”
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/07/rooftop-running-1.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/07/fried-armored-car-1.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/07/20story-jump.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/07/damn-you-runt-.pngamy-pissed2-2.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Cool! I like the different perspectives.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

thanks, Atomic! I know they’re not quite to scale, but I tried to give some kind of vision to your words.

Herr D
    Participant

You actually got the scale believable in most of those–I’m guessing it took some real time and effort. Cool

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks Herr D. Yes, it was time consuming. What really screwed me up was after masking out certain parts, I had to recolor the insignia after I added the background. It never comes out exact.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Twins. Amy Atom and Atomic Adam, aka H-Bomb. Mutants with approximately Level 10 super strength. Adam is slightly stronger. Amy is know for her “Atomic Punch,” when she powers up and her fist glows with an aura resembling a giant atom symbol. Amy is left handed so this aura is seen mostly around her left hand but can be on either or both as she powers herself up. Both are highly invulnerable and immune to all forms of radiation poisoning. They can simultaneously absorb and emit radiation and fire radioactive concussive blasts from their hands. The best way to describe their power is that they are basically living nuclear reactors. Because they can absorb radiation, they are able to cause the physical damage of a nuclear explosion without poisoning the environment with radioactivity, like the reverse of a neutron bomb, which kills with high amounts of radiation, but low explosive force and limited physical destruction, though Adam, being a malevolent villain, has no concern about such things. Adam can fire optic blasts, but has limited control over them. To remedy this, he wears a sapphire crystal visor, which contains his optics and prevents accidental firings. Amy has just discovered she can fire optic blasts and is exercising her mental will to control them. Amy is unaware of her twin brother and never knew of him, but Adam is very much aware of Amy. More of their story will be revealed in time.twins-1.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Love it! I like how you used the mask to create an aura around Atomic Adam’s visor.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Really cool! Loved the bio, sounds like you really did your research oh how their powers would work. Smile

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks guys. Atomic, actually the aura is under the visor, that’s just a little bleeding or leakage, I guess. (I did make it that way on purpose.) The aura is just like Amy’s, in that it is constant and cannot be “turned off,” except that his flame burns blue, while Amy’s is red/yellow. So, like Amy, Adam does not bother trying to keep a secret identity. He has, however put great effort into keeping his presence secret from Amy, until he is ready to reveal himself to her, as well as details of their parents and childhoods. In keeping with the concepts you introduced, though her aura is red/yellow, her newly discovered optic blasts are a purple laser light, as are the energy bursts she fires from her hands. This is due to her mutation and she admits to not fully understanding the science behind it all. The subway electrical accident you mentioned was not the cause of her mutation, but instead the catalyst that activated it.atomic-adam2-hdsht.pngatomic-adam-hdsht.png

GuyGenesis
    Participant

I hope you don’t mind, but I gave your self portrait a try. Not an expert by any means, just a couple of suggestions, the mouth could be moved to the left a bit, and the hair on that same side placed under the head to give more of a turned illusion

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Not at all, man. That’s how we learn here. Looks way better than what I did. You even got the nose ring and the gap in my teeth! What item did you use for the nose ring, because what I used didn’t mask convincingly.

GuyGenesis
    Participant

half moon insignia. I learnt a long time ago it makes for a quick application and good ring.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Another public domain character, The Unknown Soldier. Found him through a link on Hero Machine’s Facebook page.unknown.pngunknown-soldier.png

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Nice, I like the idea of taking public domain characters and making them with heromachine.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 299 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.