Just my Machinings

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Just my Machinings

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Christi S
    Participant

Cool work. Would that be available in color or with a night sky soon?

Night sky? Possibly.

Color? Probably not. The reason I did it gray scale is because none of the preset colors had a sufficient gradient range and I’ve never really got the hang of effectively using the custom color palette.

Also, entry for CDC 342: “Hero Machine: The game!”

1. Be the first to collect:
    -8 Body cards (2 arms, 1 head, 2 hands, 1 torso, 2 legs)
    -4 Clothing cards (1 hat, 1 top, 1 legwear, 1 shoes)
    -2 Item cards
    -& 1 Background card!
    2. Trade with your opponents’ to get the cards you need!
    3. Use CDC cards to force other players to use their cards to make the pictured characters before they can complete their own!
    4. Land on the “Start!” square to pick a Body, Clothing, Item, or Background card out of the discard pile from previously-played CDCs!

Christi S
    Participant

Entry for CDC 344 “Red Halo”

Entry for CDC 345 “Anna Phylaxia”

Anna Phylaxia, Belgium’s little-known contribution to the Allied effort in WWII:

Reference Pic: http://oi63.tinypic.com/f3xa52.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Christi S
    Participant

Also, just some failed experiments here. Herr D’s question about a color version of Ms. Skel-O-Lantern got me thinking how I might be able to do a color image with that much detailed contouring (other than actually learning how to use the custom color palette well lol). Thought maybe I could do a base pose in a single color that had a sufficient preset range and then just mask semi-transparent colors on in different places to tint it. Didn’t even finish either of my base pose ideas for it before seeing way too many flaws to get around and realizing it would never work lol so these are as far as THAT idea got lol:

I used reference pics for both these poses but, because I abandoned the pieces, I never bothered saving them n now I can’t find em again >_<

Herr D
    Participant

Looks like you have enough here to keep going though. Layering transparent color is how I do custom colors. It seems easier than the custom palette. Limits exact choices, but still leaves plenty of range.

Christi S
    Participant

Looks like you have enough here to keep going though. Layering transparent color is how I do custom colors. It seems easier than the custom palette. Limits exact choices, but still leaves plenty of range.

It would work on more standard poses but, because its something I wanted to try specifically for the purpose of coloring more detailed/realistic/custom poses, I realized I was going to run into the issue of overlap: because the items used to create the pose overlap so much, masking transparent colors onto them would create darker lines wherever the masked colors overlapped.

Edit: Additionally, because I use so much masking to only show the parts of the items which contribute to the pose, the masked colors would also follow the unseen parts of the items outside the pose.

Basically, its not so much that its not an effective technique as it is that its one which my style of pose-making breaks, unfortunately.

Herr D
    Participant

I–am way too swamped to join the SNS this year. I’ve seen fair success with rain done in one way. There’s a backplane item of horizontal lines. Nearly translucent white lines at a near vertical angle overlaying the whole image does reasonably well. That one item makes it somewhat efficient, too.

BTW, I can’t seem to open your items on the OPMC?

Christi S
    Participant

I–am way too swamped to join the SNS this year. I’ve seen fair success with rain done in one way. There’s a backplane item of horizontal lines. Nearly translucent white lines at a near vertical angle overlaying the whole image does reasonably well. That one item makes it somewhat efficient, too. BTW, I can’t seem to open your items on the OPMC?

Thanks for the tip!

What is ‘OPMC’?

I’ve been gone for awhile and I’ve just gotten a chance to look at your thread. I must say I’m very impressed. Can’t wait to see what else you have to share.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.