JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,516 through 1,530 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

Oh, no, I meant YOU pick the group. Like Hamlet references. Wonderland references.  All without showing but one character. How many non-canned animals can you hide in underbrush? Hide the geometric figure (follow-up pic where they’re highlighted.) An example that WOULDN’T work would be from the movie “Epic.” Where the sacred scrolls’ would be labeled referencing certain Leafmen or Humans.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Sam
    D.O.B- 20 August 2015
    Height- 5.7 ft
    Family: Dannielle “Danni” Dartford (Birth Mother), Lilith “Lili” Marcell (Mother), (?)
    Dislikes: Sour Tastes, Wasps
    Favourite Movies: Star Wars (the third trilogy), Guardians Of The Galaxy 4, The Silmarillion: Quenta Silmarillion, The Colour Of Magic, The Movie Of My Life
    Favourite Musical Artists/ Bands: Hostile Intent, The Shades, And She Went To Georgia, Fame Too Fast, Omega Red

Ok, guys, there are a few things that I’d like a bit of input on from you. Firstly, would you like to see me do ref sheets for any of my other characters, if so, who? Second, should I do any pictures of other members of Lili and Danni’s families? I’ve spoken about them numerous times, but never actually shown them. Also, sub-question to this, should I introduce Sam’s father? And finally, should Sam get any siblings? If so, brother or sister?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

And next up on the hit-list is Anarchangel’s Red Fang

Because he hasn’t posted anything in more than 5 minutes, I thought I’d do it for him 😉

Attachments:

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Nice! Now in answer to your previous questions:

1)  Maybe Sarah could be next? I don’t recall learning too much about her in the previous posts. These reference sheets look fun, I might just totally rip you off (*ahem*, I mean pay a respectful homage) and do some for my Chaos Kids.

2) It’d be cool to get an extended look at the D/L family. I love expanding on characters’ backstory. A bit too much actually… Not sure about Sam’s Dad, depends on how active a role you imagined he has in their lives, I guess.

3) More babies! Maybe a little brother? It’d be interesting to a little guy brought up in a house of such strong women.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@DiCicatriz- Rip away. I sorta owe you after stealing the Anarchqueers name from you, so do as you will.

Anyway

So, Lili’s family. From Left to Right we have Lili (obviously), Amanda Walker (Lili’s mother, who reverted to her maiden name after her divorce. Neither of the kids did though), Jason Marcell (Lili’s brother) and Katherine Marcell (goes by Kate, Jason’s wife, maiden name Jones). Obviously Lili’s father isn’t shown here due to the awkwardness of having him an his ex-wife in a room together, added on to the fact that he’s dead, which does tend to hamper people during social occasions.
    Anyway, morbid jokes aside, we’ll get to know them better shall we. Amanda and Lili have you’re typical mother/ daughter relationship, they annoy the hell out of each other most of the time, but they still get along fairly well. That’s not to say they haven’t had some big fights in the past. Lili was very much Daddies Girl, so when the divorce happened the relationship with her mother went to s***, which was inconvenient for both of them as Amanda got custody of the kids. Then there was the fiasco of Lili’s first tattoo and dying her hair purple (Lili still has to wear long sleeves around her mother because of her half sleeve), and Amanda wasn’t exactly warm to her daughters coming out. After that it took them almost half a year and some major coercing from Jason and Lili’s then-girlfriend for them to actually talk again, but they’re on much better terms now. Amanda is quite strict and stubborn, something that was exaggerated after the divorce, having to deal with two kids (one of whom was not co-operative in any way at all) on her own wasn’t good for her and she developed quite a short fuse. She may have mellowed a bit since then, but she’s still quite blunt and will push a point as far as she can to make sure that it’s her way that things are adhered to.
    Jason is the sensible one of the bunch. He hardly has any of his sisters neuroses and he isn’t as abrasive or stubborn as his mother. Unfortunately for him, this has left him in the mediator role more often than not and it does get to a guy after a while. He’s 2 years older than Lili and, as you’d expect, when they were kids they fought like cats and dogs. He took their parents divorce much more differently to his sister, becoming more withdrawn rather than confrontational.
    Jason and Kate met at the office they both worked at about 5/6 years ago, but they didn’t start properly seeing each other after about a year. An upbeat, gossipy girl, she’s almost the perfect foil to Jason’s calm, slightly reserved demeanour. Kate and Lili have a sort of grudging respect for each other, but they aren’t exactly best of friends. Lili thinks Kate is pushy and Kate thinks Lili needs to lighten up. That said, they do get along, provided they aren’t left alone for longer than 10 minutes at a time, then they just run out of things to talk about. In contrast, Kate and Amanda get on fantastically. They’ll sit there and chat for hours, being all opinionated about anyone, everyone, anything and everything. This, of course, drives Lili nuts and it’s at this point that Jason gets up, asks if anybody would like any more drinks and goes to the kitchen, because it’s safe there.
    Interesting note: Kate actually lent Lili her favourite necklace for Lili’s wedding day (it being the “borrowed” from the wedding day rhyme). It’s one of the few things that they are in complete agreement on is the fact that they both love that necklace. Of course, Kate flaunts it at every possible opportunity.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Well, I did Lili’s family, so I guess now it’s Danni’s turn. From left to right we have Danni, Thomas Dartford (her father), Samantha Dartford (her mother) and then Stacy and Zoe Dartford (her younger twin sisters).
    Thomas Dartford is a retired doctor. He wasn’t a surgeon or anything, just a GP (General Practitioner) He’s always been quite strict, especially when it comes to matters of health. The girls always brushed their teeth and ate their greens when they were kids that’s for sure. That doesn’t mean he’s without a sense of fun or a sense of humour. He’s a big comedy fan, especially of comedy from “his era”, Monty Python, Porridge, Faulty Towers etc. He even claims to have met John Cleese, though he has no photos to prove it (you just have to trust him, after all, he is a doctor). He and his wife spend most of their retirement fundraising and helping out various charities, specifically the British Heart Foundation, a charity Thomas has a particular passion for, after his elder brother succumbed to heart failure in the mid-90’s.
    Samantha Dartford is a retired English teacher and it’s thanks to her that all of her daughters have a passion for reading and literature. None of the girls were ever in any of their mothers classes, probably to their own fortune. She may have not been a strict teacher (certainly she is nowhere near as strict as her husband), but you could never get anything past her. She could see a child chewing gum at the back of the classroom without fail.She has a passion for collecting first editions of books, her prize possession being a first edition of “The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd” by Agatha Christie, given to her by her mother.
    As for the twins, well, they’re 4 years younger than Danni and Danni is incredibly protective of them, always has been. Obviously they’ve had their share of arguments and spats, what siblings haven’t, but they’re very close as sisters. Stacy is a Literary Historian and has a degree in History And English from Oxford University, whilst Zoe is a journalist and film reviewer, meaning she’s usually both a blessing and a curse to have around at a film night. Zoe is also known for having both terrible luck and judgement when it comes to boyfriends, something that exasperates everyone who knows her. Stacy, meanwhile, has recently got engaged to her long-time boyfriend and fellow historian, Matthew White.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Back to the cover versions. This time out I’ve done Vampyrist’s Gabriela Soto.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

And for good measure, here’s a version of DiCicatriz’s Safezone, my personal favourite of his Spectrum team (which is saying a lot).

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

And last one for today.

Sarah
    Age- 28
    D.O.B- 7th June 1987
    Height- 5.8 ft
    Likes: Punk Rock, Sports, Surfing/  Skating, Comics/ Anime, Action Movies
    Dislikes: Snobby/ Stuck Up People
    Favourite Movies: Die Hard, Terminator 2, Mission Impossible, The Bourne Identity, Avengers Assemble
    Favourite TV Shows: Breaking Bad, WWE/NXT, Football Focus, Attack On Titan
    Favourite Musical Artists/ Bands: New Found Glory, Green Day, Blink 182, Alkaline Trio, The Starting Line
    Favourite Sports: Football, Wrestling, Rugby, Tennis, Motorsport
    Favourite Food: Fruit Salad
    Random Fact: Sarah’s mother was best friends with Danni’s mother at school, and the two grew up together and have been best-friends for ages. The two were room-mates when they first moved away from their parents and it’s actually thanks to Sarah that Danni and Lili met. Lili was a friend of Sarah’s boyfriend at the time and she introduced the two at a birthday party she threw for her boyfriend. The rest, you could say, is history.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Had this idea whilst driving home from work yesterday. Don’t know if I’ll do one for Danni yet, haven’t thought of what to do for her.

And then we have a version of Linea’s Tieka Caprici.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

And following up on Lili’s Dress, here’s Danni’s

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Anyway, back to the future (no, not the movie). Just thought I’d introduce everyone to Zach Williams, frontman of The New Black and Sam’s boyfriend. The two met when Sam was hired to animate the video for The New Black’s single “The Revolution Will Not Be televised” and the two hit if off over their similar tastes in music and movies. Thanks to Zach, Sam has got to meet her favourite band, Hostile Intent, when The New Black went on tour with them a few months after the two started dating.

Unfortunately, I’m am still terrible at doing male faces. This might have something to do with my not actually doing a male character at all in the whole of last year.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Random Facts: Lili & Danni
    Lili
    -Lili has always wanted a full sleeve tattoo but has never got one because she can’t come up with a design she likes.
    -Sarah is Lili’s personal trainer and work out partner. They may be friends, but Sarah is a very hard taskmaster when it comes to keeping fit, something which isn’t helped by Lili’s love of less healthy food.
    -Lili is a biker and owns a Yamaha MT-09, which she adores. Danni doesn’t share the adoration and is much happier driving around in her Ford Fiesta.
    -When she was 9, Lili broke her right arm falling out of a tree in the park near her home.
    -Lili studied Graphic Design at UWE (University Of The West Of England) in Bristol. While she was there she had her first serious relationship with a Fashion student named Emma.
    -Lili collects converses. She also has a few pairs she’s customised herself.
    -Whilst Lili does most of the cooking in the household, due to the fact she mostly works from home, the general consensus is that Danni is the better cook of the two. It’s not that Lili is bad, just Danni is very good at interesting flavours.
    -Lili is teetotal and hasn’t touched alcohol since uni, where she discovered during freshers week just how bad of a drunk she can be. Or rather, she was told and shown the photos, she doesn’t actually remember that much.
    -Lili’s tattoos are a huge bone of contention between her and her mother and Lili has to wear long sleeves whenever she visits. The same went for Lili dying her hair purple, which especially didn’t sit well on her wedding day.
    -Lili can play the guitar. She was self taught and mostly learnt using a guitar she borrowed from her brother, Jason. She never went as far as getting formal lessons as she decided she’d rather be an artist than a rockstar.
    -During her teens, Lili’s body anxiety grew to such an extreme she developed anorexia. Fortunately, it didn’t last long, as her parents picked up on it rather quickly and she was given counselling and therapy for a number of months.
    Danni
    -Danni had a bit of a hard time figuring herself out, sexuality-wise, and for a time when she was in her early 20’s she did actually date a guy. Although the relationship ended amicably, and the two are still good friends, Danni regrets “experimenting”, even though it helped her realise who she was in that sense.
    -When she was pregnant with Sam, Danni developed cravings for chicken flavoured crisps (chips to all you Americans) and yogurt, and could often be found enjoying the two together in some odd sweet/ savoury dip.
    -Unlike Lili, Danni enjoys a drink now and then, but she has a very low alcohol tolerance and gets very drunk very quickly. Luckily she’s more of a silly drunk than anything, but she does rely on other more sober people to stop her from doing something stupid.
    -Danni has an Aunt and Uncle who live in Australia. The last time she went over to visit them was when she was 11 years old. While she was out there, she came across a spider in one of her shoes as she went to put it on in the morning. She didn’t get bitten, but she did have what can only be described as “a massive hysterical panic attack”. She has since vowed never to go to Australia again.
    -The heart locket Danni wears was a gift from Lili’s father when the pair first started dating.
    -Despite her and her sisters all being ginger, neither of Danni’s parents were red-heads. Their maternal grandfather was though.
    -Lili was Danni’s first proper girlfriend. Due to her shyness around people she doesn’t know, Danni never really dated anyone before Lili and had to rely on her to take more of a lead in the relationship during their first few months together.
    -Lili and Danni had known each other and been friends for around 3 years before they started dating. Danni was actually the one to make the first move, but only after she’d gotten so drunk at a friends birthday party that she was almost falling over with every step. Lili had to take her back to her flat and the conversation the next morning was awkward to say the least, and a bit embarrassing for Danni.
    -Danni wears her hair long on the right to hide a scar on her temple that she got after falling over whilst playing in her parents back garden as a child and hitting her head on a low wall. She’s very self-conscious about the scar.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok, my half of an art trade with AMS. My version of his character Crimson.

Anyway, I got a poster to do, so I’m off.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Nice take on Crimson! And belated “nice job” on Safezone too!

Btw I loved reading about L&D’s families, thanks for sharing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,516 through 1,530 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.