Herr D's CFLs

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Herr D's CFLs

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 639 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

“Where’s the BUG SPRAY!?”

*3p

By the way, Hairy’s been unavailable. Does anyone know how to find a deviantart tutorial?

*The headgear item became carapaces, the insignia became insect legs and nail art and a tat, and the shoulder item became a tent flap handle and part of the shadows on the hand.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

AsyriusPrime
    Participant

Ha ha! That’s so awesome! Keep up the great work Herr D

Herr D
    Participant

Thanx, ASP!

Designer species 114 would have been a fair commercial success. When they wear oversized pipe fittings head and tail, the 3-dimensional truss possibilities are endless. When they wear Quick-Douse brand fire blankets, they can seal hull breaches. Activation requires one standard protein pill. Automatic self-hibernation when not fed. Sturdy and trainable by video eyewear. Responds to voice commands in three languages. Unfortunately, self-proclaimed ruler of Galaxy YP1 stole the prototypes and cloning equipment. No one will buy them now, even after his summary execution.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

“Silent Sal” is depicted in the first panel of the picture as using her purse-bomb disposal unit. The other two panels depict her target and her use of a high heel-dart gun and compact-magnifying mirror-gunsight.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Sea Background

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Ever notice how few people can make sculptures out of blocks?

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Though technically more than one transformation, the butterfly process is usually thought of as just one. It is notable that current human behavior is to do the opposite for preparation toward mating behaviors. Humans starve themselves, where the caterpillars stuff themselves. The beautification processes are more dramatic for the butterfly.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

As usual, I’ve been crammed into a corner. This time, I had the idea on Monday, but only had about an hour and a half to make it. Mr. Peabody’s steam shovel, the biggest in history, was buried on site since no one was interested in buying it. Turning it into a planter and creating the vol. project was the natural tendency I have to try to solve problems–after all, there IS an abandoned prison there. Why not? We haven’t figured out how to completely do without them. Maybe they could fix it and the surrounding problems?

When I played this song for my 8-yr-old, her face was priceless on seeing the hyperbole in the chorus.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Some things are better not to remember . . .

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

In this set by Wonderland Games, the pieces are heavy gauge sheet metal painted with enamel. Each piece a work of art, they are handcrafted by the Mad Hatter, and then all mercury is removed. The pawns are the two through nine of hearts. Pictured here is the Red Queen Knight Pawn in its riposte pose.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Having a terrible time with time IRL. Twice in a row now the entry I’ve tried to get to make was postponed till 2am Sat. night at work between tasks. (70+hr weeks needed at work and squidling needs multiplied) My morning commute home (No pic posting allowed at work) puts me online just minutes after 9am these days.

. . . “I can’t get no—satisfaction! . . . ”

Ah, well, enough self-pity. These are my incomplete entries. The Golden Forest contest resulted in some incomplete watch chains for no entries. If not for speed limits and traffic, I’d have won as the only entry, such as it was. I doubt I’d have fared well against the entries I’ve been allowed to check out, but my Red Halo has the following thought process behind it.

In angel lore, some of the sidelined, non-canonical Judeo-Christian texts, red is the color of offensives (pro-activeness) and is linked through some traditions to fire and earth. On an unrelated note, there were more than four wheel-angels designated for the chariot of God–very powerful angels linked to big miracles. So . . . God invented the lateral departmental transfer, right?

When you mix fire and earth for an element, you might reasonably get glass. The first ever fifth wheel saw a need as the population grew and transportation diversified. ‘Red’ volunteered to boost the situational grace at times when certain guardian angels just didn’t have the oomph, and the Angel of Death wasn’t supposed to come for their charges. He makes the miracles, shifting the cars and environment like toys. He would be linked to St. Francis, patron saint of travelers, I think, and all those cases where people shouldn’t have survived their car accidents. Here we have ‘Red Halo’ using a bit of power to shave some velocity off both vehicles in the coming impact that jackknifed a trailer into a water tower and didn’t QUITE knock it down and kill the thirty nearest people. It was the only elegant solution to the required outcome that the timeless being happened to figure out.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Anna Phylaxia, in true Santeria tradition, ‘appropriated’ the tradition of phylactery, ‘meaningful’ words, phrases, and intentions in little leather boxes on her wrists and ankles. Her most common one is ‘hives’ as depicted in this scene of her inflicting a punishment while dancing atop gravestones.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Firebird would always know what some sailors know because of her experienced geisha cover. The pilots she met did not survive to tell others.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

There must be times when even a satyr can’t get no satisfaction . . .

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Interestingly enough, I’ve met a tanner who made something like this. A pony coat. She said it was really warm, and that she got in trouble for tanning hides in her grandfather’s bathtub when she was younger . . .

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 639 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.