G. W.'s New Superverse

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery G. W.'s New Superverse

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)
  • Author

G. W.
    Participant

I finally have a villain, now that I’m done with the All-Stars.

Alfred Midas was once rich, until he devoted all of his time, energy and money to the pursuit of alchemy. Due to his obsession (as well as various chemicals), he went completely insane, but somehow found a formula that turns anything into gold.

Now, Midas uses a tool on each hand to use the formula. He can do it by touching an object, or by spraying it. It should be noted that, in order to actually turn someone into gold, their skin has to be touched or sprayed, not just their clothing. Anyway, Midas cares more about building up a pile of gold than about actually using his money, so he’s little more than a thief. He’s also extremely unstable and aggressive. That said, he isn’t particularly intelligent, so he’s not one of the All-Stars’ primary enemies (assignments to catch him are typically solo missions).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

G. W.
    Participant

Back to heroes for a minute. Here is Father Time. While working on a team tasked with creating a time machine, Charles Saturn ended up in a freak lab accident, turning him into a human time machine. Now, Saturn can teleport, travel through time, speed up time, slow down time, or reverse time (he cannot, however, absolutely stop time.) He also drank water from the same spring as the Warrior and the Wolf, though not until he was substantially older. He is a good friend of the Warrior, and was one of the founding members of the original All-Stars team.

Attachments:

Love the design on Midas. The hand emblem, the jacket design, the color scheme, all very nice. But it looks like you may have done something we have all done at some point, forgot his ears:)

Anyway, good thread you have going here!

G. W.
    Participant

Thanks! Honestly, I think I once forgot a character’s feet when I was starting out.

G. W.
    Participant

For this week’s CDC (and I swear I did not set out to make Will Scarlet look like Deadpool)

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

One more

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Have to add new pngs of characters I already posted, because I forgot to put my name in the titles:

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

I should note: I’m thinking of adding the Robin Hood characters to my main universe. Expect full backstories, villains, and my version of Friar Tuck some time soon. For now, Will Scarlet.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

No art for this post. Anyway, since the writing forum has pretty much become abandoned, and was primarily for full stories anyway, I’ll just add everything here.

Anyway, a note on the locations in my universe: The All-Stars operate out of an abandoned summer camp in Vermont. They will eventually grow to become world-wide heroes, but, for now, they primarily operate in New England, particularly the entirely made-up Evergreen City, Vermont (my universe’s tenth largest U.S. City) The Merry Men (yes, they are in my main universe) operate in Nottingham, Connecticut (my universe’s largest U.S. City, and twelfth largest city in the world), particularly the poor Sherwood area of the city.

I will probably add more locations to my universe as it expands.

G. W.
    Participant

Updated Robin Hood (with a backstory!):

Nottingham, Connecticut (don’t ask why I chose Connecticut. I don’t know) is the largest city in America (in this universe). The city is infamous for its corruption, high crime rate (especially in the poor Sherwood area of the city), and extremely large income divide between rich and poor. The city is practically run by mob boss Jonathan Kingsley.</span>

Franklin Robins, Jr., was a wealthy man after inheriting his father’s fortune, living in the extremely wealthy Locksley district of Nottingham. After selling his father’s company and donating most of his money to various charities (he used quite a bit to purchase a warehouse in Sherwood and various supplies he would need to become a vigilante), he fled into Sherwood to become the vigilante “Robin Hood.”

Also, I just realized that, because I copied the Nottingham background from my Eagle picture, it looks like the Eagle lives in Nottingham now. Oops. Um… Ooh! Yeah! I meant to imply that he was on a solo mission to… uh… stop Midas from robbing a…um… bakery! Yeah! That was my plan all along! Totally. Heh heh…

Anyway,  that background is officially what a section of Nottingham looks like. I think I will use the background from my Iceberg picture (seriously, does anybody have a better name for her?) as what a portion of the Pine City skyline looks like. And yes, Midas robbing a bakery is canon too.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

I’ll get back to Robin Hood characters. For now, I will be uploading the founding members of the original All-Stars (from the nineteen-forties). For now, here is Warrior’s original costume.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

The Duplicator. Another member of the original All-Stars. He can Duplicate any non-living object, as well as himself. This is the original team member about whom least is known, as he retired several years before the team disbanded, hasn’t been heard from since, and was always the most secretive team member.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Continuing the golden/silver Age All-Stars: Patrick Samuels/The Eagle (no relation whatsoever to the modern Eagle (Manuel Aquilla) except as a source of the name).

Admittedly, the origin is sort of a Superman ripoff. A craft lays still in a field in upstate New York. It appears to be some sort of a spaceship, which has crashed. A man and a woman approach the craft, and find the door ajar. They see several men and women with large wings dead on the floor (though some had retracted their wings before crashing). As they are about to leave, the couple hears the cry of a baby. They investigate the sound, finding a small baby boy. They raise the child as their own, helping him control his abilities of flight as he grows up.

This version of the eagle has no talons or enhanced senses, but he does have the powers of flight, enhanced speed, and enhanced strength.

After the All-Stars broke up in the early seventies, Samuels continued fighting crime, and died saving civilians from a crashing plane in 1983, after moving everyone on the plane to safety.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Here is Father Time’s original look.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Continuing the original All-Stars, Riptide: Alan Atlantic was a swimmer. One day, while swimming, he nearly drowned. However, he was saved by a dolphin, who granted him magic powers to control and conjure water (it’s not quite the weirdest superhero origin story). Basically, he can control water, and breathe underwater. He was killed in combat in the fight that caused the All-Stars to break up. Though the four remaining team members ended up beating the villain, they began doubting themselves, and infighting amongst the group had gotten worse.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.