EssayM’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery EssayM’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Pretty cool theme for a superhero team. Let me guess, the arms are going to be strong, the legs fast and I can’t think of a third thing, so hopefully that’ll be a nice surprise. Anyway, looking forward to what you’ve got next.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I actually hadn’t thought of either of those, though I might use one or both now that you mention it.

For now, with some belatedness, here is the next member: Bones.

Bones.PNG

Bio: When the Brain ran out of co-workers willing to endure dangerous experiments for the faint promise of superpowers, he began using his Dimensional Rift Generator (DRG) to summon beings from alternate universes to complete his team. One of these was Bones, a “posthuman” from a universe where he served as Head Public Guardian (their equivalent of police chief). He had just been fired for corruption when the Brain brought him to our world, and only agreed to join the Body of Justice in hopes that he could somehow regain the respect he had lost in his home world.

Powers and Abilities: Bones, as his name implies, is made of an indestructible bone-like substance, and can project and manipulate fire. Also, his fearsome appearance gives him an edge on most human opponents.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s a close-up of Bones for this week’s CDC:

EssayM-Bones-cu.PNG

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another BOJ member: The Muscle

The-Muscle-1.PNG

To be honest, I don’t really know much about this guy. I know that he has super-strength and durability due to literally being made of pure muscle, and I’m pretty sure he’s one of the members that came through the DRG because of his demeanor and look, but other than that he isn’t telling me anything. I guess when you’re that big and intimidating, people don’t want to annoy you with too many questions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So, it’s been a while (in internet time, at least), but I’m back now. I’ll post the last couple Body of Justice members shortly, but first a couple of random characters I made that I think are kind of cool.

First, a violence-crazed cyborg henchman:

Psycho-Mech.png

And this demonic-looking skeleton on fire:

Flaming-Skeleton.PNG

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another period of inactivity, another return to the Net with new material…

First up, the full team shot of the Body of Justice:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb101/invisiboy42293/EssayM-BodyofJustice.png

The two new guys on the left are:

Capt. Skyler Hale, aka Hotfoot, an ex-law enforcer from an alternate dimension where time moves 200 times faster than it does in our own, thus enabling him to think, move, and react much faster than a normal human being. He’s considered a slowpoke by his dimension’s standards, so when The Brain summoned him with the DRG, he jumped at the chance to finally be more energized and on top of things than everyone else in the room.

Mitch Madison, aka The Flesh, a simple, blue-collar dock worker…until he discovered that a shipment he was loading contained an experimental drug, known as Plaster, being illegally sent overseas by the mob through his corrupt employer. When Mitch complained and threatened to call the police, his employer had him sealed in a crate full of Plaster and thrown into the ocean. Miraculously, Mitch not only managed to survive the encounter, but found that the Plaster had made his body fully elastic, able to bend and stretch into any shape imaginable. When he consulted a hospital about his new condition, he was immediately referred to Dr. Burton Chase (aka The Brain), who recruited him for his Body of Justice team.

I also came up with a pretty cool villain, but it’s getting late here, so it’ll have to wait till tomorrow.

Stulte
    Participant

Great group! The idea of a group that makes a united body is really clever.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, StulteSmile

Next up, my entry for this week’s CDC…

The Emperor:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb101/invisiboy42293/EssayM-TheEmperor.jpg
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb101/invisiboy42293/EssayM-TheEmperorclose-up.jpg

The Emperor is a being who rules over all the darkest of magical forces…and is completely insane. In ancient times, he was a benevolent sorcerer, one of the few to use his magic for the good of the common people. But that life ended when a rival magician took control of his body and used his power to murder everyone in his village. Conscious but powerless, the sorcerer could do nothing but watch as his own hands brutally ended countless lives, many of them people he had known and loved for years.
    By the time he regained control of himself, the sorcerer’s mind had become warped and twisted beyond all recognition; his humanity, empathy, and reason had deserted him, and the suffering of others no longer meant anything to him. Departing to the Spirit Realm, the sorcerer fought through its many horrible creatures and dark forces to become ruler of them all, earning a fearsome reputation among them and across the entire universe as The Emperor.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m working on a semi-reboot/redesign of the Rogue Patrol, plus a few new characters. As a preview (and an entry for this week’s CDC), here’s the “Earth-2” versions of Metalloid and Sawtooth:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ooookay, some updates…

1. Tragically, my old laptop recently bit the dust, and with it a few of my HM creations (online storage is still a new concept to me). Luckily, I did save a few on a thumb drive, and I’m hoping to retrieve what I can from the hard drive of the old laptop, and of course many of them have been posted here, so all is not lost, but a little bit was.

2. Because my old laptop has since been replaced with a new laptop, I plan to make a lot of new creations and even remake some of the ones I lost, so I hope to be posting here a lot more in the near future. Including that Rogue Patrol revamp I talked about earlier, as well as one of the Body of Justice and those space people from a page or two ago.

3. One of my new ideas involves putting together a shared universe with those three groups I just mentioned and a few you will probably see shortly. So, yeah, we’ll see how that goes.

And there you go. I’m back (I guess). To celebrate, here’s my old favorite Shaid…looking a little different:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, it’s been a while, I need reminding. Can you post attachment images in the actual post, or do you have to put it on a hosting site to do that? Man, this is embarrassing.

JR19759
    Keymaster

You can post attachments to posts. If you open the attachment in a new tab and then copy the link to that page and then click edit on the post you just made you can paste the link into the Insert/Edit image box, which is the last thing on the top bar of the reply box.

Hope this helps.

And anyway, welcome back.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the tip, JR.

Also, following your advice from the last OCD, this is my attempt at improving the fire:

Anonymous
    Inactive

So I am working on the Rogue Patrol revamp (4/7 characters done and one wip, I swear). In the meantime, though, I rediscovered my old Photobucket page, which has a lot of my old characters as well as a bunch I never got around to posting here and, yes, even some pieces from this revamp I’m working on, as well as any cool-but-random designs I happen to come up with in between that I also forget to post here. Basically, if it ever seems like I’m not here very much (which it probably does a lot lately), odds are I’ve probably posted some stuff here:

http://s207.photobucket.com/user/invisiboy42293/profile/

So there’s that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aaaaaand it’s done!

EssayM - New Rogue Patrol

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.