Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 1,441 through 1,455 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

This character is the result of a roleplaying game with some friends. The game was set in The Red Brain’s testing facility as he attempts to create superhumans from willing test subjects.

We were each given a random code name and challenged to make a character based around it. I was given Alpha Dog and this is the result.

Parker Austin is a nice guy. Some would even cal him a boy-scout. A former marine with a surprising heart of gold, he sees the world through rose tinted glasses, despite having seen things that would destroy most men. Everyone loves this good willed young man.

But after he gained a healing factor as a result of The Red Brain’s experiments…After he put on the mask and became Alpha Dog…something changed. Parker Austin is still the sweet farm boy but Alpha Dog is a ruthless, hard-nosed fighter who doesn’t think twice about breaking bones to get a job done.

Alpha Dog has become something of a split personality in the mind of Parker Austin. A personality he wears to fight for what he believes in and he fights for those things with a passion that is frightening.

Alpha Dog may be knew to this whole superhero thing but he has already established himself as a tough and determined fighter who has left a trail of broken bones and bruised egos behind him.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anarchangel
    Participant

I just loaded a character I had been working on yesterday only to learn that the save file had messed up all of my layers and masking.

Now I’m going to have to sort through hundreds of layers to fix this or start from scratch.

I love Heromachine but sometimes I hate Heromachine.

🙁

Anarchangel
    Participant

Remember how I mentioned that Alpha Dog originated in a roleplaying game? Well so did these two.

Girl Scout and Grandma were the comedy villains that the GM threw at me (or, more specifically, at Alpha Dog) and while I’m pretty sure he did it just to mess with me, I still love them because they’re so ridiculous.

They may look cute but they’re evil to the core…Well, Girl Scout is. Grandma is actually a nice, if rather demented, old lady who’s really just happy to be spending time with her darling granddaughter…Even if their time is mostly spent robbing people and punching superheroes in the face.

Girl Scout & Grandma

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Pride is a character that I played briefly in DC Universe Online before I lost interest in that game in general. I still really liked this character and I’ve been meaning to recreate him here for a while now.

This is basically how he looks in game with a few minor tweaks.

Pride

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

When the nuclear powered hero known as Atomic’s powers became unstable, he tried his best to reach an unpopulated area. He managed to avoid killing anyone in the explosion caused by his eventual death but the fallout poisoned the inhabitants of a small town.

Only four people survived the exposure to the radiation but they gained bizarre powers and became twisted both physically and mentally.

Fat Man, Little Boy and Black Betty, under the leadership of Mind Wave, formed The Children of the Atom, a radical group that initially sought to end the use of nuclear energy but eventually shifted their goals due to Mind Wave’s growing megalomania.

Mind Wave’s body has become atrophied and is now all but useless. His mind, on the other hand, has only grown. He now has vast psychic and telekinetic powers which more than make up for his lack of physical strength.

With a rampant ego growing alongside his brain, Mind Wave likes to think of himself as a mastermind. Despite being a hugely powerful psychic though, Mind Wave isn’t nearly as intelligent as he likes to believe. In fact Little Boy is the real brains of the operation. He is far more crafty than anyone realises. Mind Wave included. Little Boy often whispers his ideas to Mind Wave, who is so narcissistic that he often believes the ideas are his own. In fact it’s probably for the best that Mind Wave is being manipulated because without Little Boy pulling his strings, the reckless and impulsive Mind Wave may have caused another catastrophe.

Mind Wave

Attachments:

RobM
    Participant

Mind Wave is cool.

Anarchangel
    Participant

So I was just experimenting with this character and, while admittedly it’s not perfect, I kind of like how it turned out.

Electro Lord used to be a just a man with electric powers but he has now learned that he is able to become a being of pure electric energy. A state which only amplifies his already enormously inflated ego.

Electro Lord

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

The young electromagnetism controlling hero known as Mega is the new protege of Stormborn.

Mega

Attachments:

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Your characters are looking top-notch. Well done, you!

Anarchangel
    Participant

Your characters are looking top-notch. Well done, you!

Thanks man. 🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

Anna Mauro is one of the newest students at the Claremont Academy and the younger sister of the Watchguard’s Reaper with whom she shares a life draining touch.

Grim, as she prefers to be known, may be new at the academy but she has already developed a reputation as a bully as she likes to use the threat of her powers to intimidate others. In reality though, Grim uses the threat of her powers to keep people at a distance as the thought of hurting or even killing someone fills her with dread.

She may not endear herself to many people but Grim has found at least one friend in the relentlessly optimistic Salamander whose healing factor seems to counteract Grim’s touch. Grim may get annoyed by how positive and cheery Salamander is but she appreciates having at least one friend who she doesn’t have to always be on edge around, for feat of hurting them.

Grim

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Super powered conspiracy theorist, Mister E.

Most people think Mister E was just a paranoid lunatic but he was actually a remarkably talented investigator who uncovered many secrets that certain powerful people would rather keep hidden away.

Sadly, Mister E was one of the many casualties who died during the Preserver invasion. He was killed by one of Gamma Ray’s lieutenants, Hypernova.

While some people who Mister E was investigating were relieved to hear of his death, his sister, the spy known as Dusk, has taken up many of his investigations and is determined to honor her brothers memory by exposing the deeply rooted corruption that he hated so much.

Mister E

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

The shadowy facility known only as “The Castle” has been responsible for turning a number of meta-humans into weapons. Most notably Replay and Howler. There are others though, such as Brain Matter. An experimental procedure designed to boost latent psychic potential was marginally successful but it turned the once friendly and likeable Brian Harris into a twitchy and paranoid individual. His handlers are understandably wary of someone who could fry their minds in a second if he thinks they’re working against him but they understand that it’s better to have a rabid dog on a leash and snapping at your enemies than to set him loose to do as he pleases.

The Castle has learned that Brain Matter is far less unpredictable when he has a clear mission to focus on so they have decided to task him with finding Howler and Replay and returning them to the Castle.

What the Castle is unaware of, however, is that while Brain Matter is completely loyal to them, Brian Harris is a different matter. The man he used to be before the scientists started tinkering with his mind has occasional moments of lucidity and has actually been feeding information to Howler about the Castle’s operations. He want’s to be free of the monster that the Castle has turned him into but with every day that passes, Brian Harris is fading away and Brain Matter is growing stronger.

In the battle against the Castle, Howler and Replay’s greatest ally may also be their greatest enemy.

Brain Matter

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Jessie Black was an up and coming young singer tipped for chart success until she was killed by a jealous rival. But death couldn’t hold onto this soul and she rose from the dead, determined to seek revenge. Jessie has learned that in order to stop her body from decaying and dying again, she has to kill others.

Jessie has now become the deadly Duchess Dark as she cuts a swathe through society until she tracks down the one who killed her.

Duchess Dark

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Way back in January 2016 I poster a character named Physique and said that a friend had been responsible for the concept of that character in a roleplaying game where we were all given a random name and challenged to make a character from it. Physique wasn’t my character but his heromachine depiction was. I also mentioned that my character in that game was named Twin. I hadn’t gotten around to giving Twin a face yet but two and a half years later and I finally have.

Twin can become an exact physical duplicate of anyone she touches and can copy physical super powers such as claws or wings but any kind of mental powers seem out of her reach. For now at least.Twin

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,441 through 1,455 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.