Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 1,381 through 1,395 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

I’ll try again…

Anarchangel
    Participant

Well it’s still not showing so if anyone wants to see my latest character, you’ll have to visit my deviantART page.

https://theanarchangel.deviantart.com/art/Azrael-712653772

GOOSEYY
    Participant

Love your characters! I went from the first page to the last one, and I loved seeing how your characters have developed. I gotta take a page out of your book!

Anarchangel
    Participant

Love your characters! I went from the first page to the last one, and I loved seeing how your characters have developed. I gotta take a page out of your book!

That’s a lot of pages to look through. Thank you sir. 🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

Guys! I finally finished it!

I normally spend a couple of days on a character, max, but this guy..or guys,I guess, has taken weeks and I’m now thoroughly sick of the sight of him.

———————————————————————-

Nathan James Hunter has been with me for a long time under various different names and is definitely one of my top five favourite characters. He has used his power to replicate himself in service to the United States military as a special ops team under the code name Legion. When he was discharged from the military for reasons that are still classified, he put his skills to use as a bodyguard with mixed success.

Throughout these careers, Nathan’s duplicates have died multiple times. As Nate reabsorbs his duplicates and all of their knowledge after they die, he has memories of every death. The combined mental weight of these deaths (not to mention some mental conditioning by his former handlers) has driven him somewhat crazy. He is the living embodiment of multiple personality disorders and frequently bickers with his own clones, whether they exist in the real world or only in his own head.

Recently, Nathan went through the biggest trauma of his life when the “real” Nate seemed to die. His consciousness seemed to transfer to the nearest clone but it through Nate into an even deeper existential crisis that he had ever been in and he now questioned the very nature of his existence.

It took several months for Nate to come to some sort of realisation that he and his clones weren’t different entities. They were the same person, equally the “real” Nate. It was a realisation that allowed him to regain some semblance of sanity.

With this realisation came a desire for a new start.Nate had been a lot of things over the years. A soldier, a spy, a bodyguard. But he had never really been a true hero.

He could be though.

He had a chance for a new start. A new life. He adopted the new name of Replay to reflect this new life and put his powers to use protecting those who couldn’t protect themselves.

…..So far it’s been an unmitigated disaster but there’s still time.

Replay

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vengeance
    Participant

Anarchangel i always have enjoyed your work and I apologize I do not comment more often
    Scarab, Nike, Absolute Zero , and replay really stand out great designs and some cool back stories

Anarchangel
    Participant

Anarchangel i always have enjoyed your work and I apologize I do not comment more often Scarab, Nike, Absolute Zero , and replay really stand out great designs and some cool back stories

Hey, no need to comment and definitely no need to apologize for not commenting.

I’m just glad you like them. 🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

The following story isn’t just about Trickshot. It features a lot of my characters. I just couldn’t tell this story until now as Trickshot is really a catalyst to a lot of it. There are more stories involved here for different characters, including The Keeper, Throwback and The Mortal Gods but they would take too long to include here and would just bloat this post out even more so I’ll keep them for later to accompany upcoming characters.

Keep an eye out.

—————————————————————————

One of the most maligned individuals in the world of superheroes is Adam Norris, a.k.a Trickshot.

When the rookie hero was caught on security footage executing a criminal, it triggered a series of very public political discussions that resulted in a law being passed which made masked vigilantes illegal.

Some heroes retired, some left the states to join Seraph in her newly formed nation of Arcadia after she made a public plea to everyone with powers to help make the world a better place by using those powers for more than punching bad guys.

Those who chose to stay and continue their activities faced prosecution if caught or worse. Those with powers had them removed by a mysterious new weapon developed by the military.

Norris himself was sentenced to life in prison, all the while proclaiming his innocence.

Several months later, John Doe uncovered evidence that Adam Norris was in fact innocent and that the whole thing had been a ploy by Vox who had wormed his way into a position of power as one of the president’s most trusted advisers.

This revelation sparked a political upheaval and civil unrest. No one liked having a known sociopath like Vox whispering in the ear of the most powerful man on the planet. Especially when those whispers could literally make him do anything Vox wanted.

The population called for the immediate removal of the people in charge until everything could be sorted out. Vox wasn’t going to give up easily though. He had mind controlled president and an army in his pocket. A state of martial law was declared when the people took to the streets behind Dragonfly who had already tried to bring the information about Vox to the public’s attention and begun a small rebellion. Only when John Doe’s indisputable evidence came to light did the majority of the population join what became known as The Dragonfly Rebellion.

The exiled heroes rallied behind a new figurehead in Phoenix and returned to the states to aid Dragonfly and finally ousted Vox from power, revealing in the process that it wasn’t Vox who had been calling the shots after all. He had been possessed by the malicious entity known as Entropy. The spirit of destruction had engineered everything to watch people tear themselves apart. His plan almost succeeded but the heroes managed to win the war. Not without casualties however. Neutron finally proved his heroism, bringing an end to the threat of Entropy, sacrificing himself in the process.

After a terrible period of upheaval, the law banning masked vigilantes was repealed, allowing many heroes to legally return to their lives, but one was notably absent.

Trickshot, despite his name being cleared, would not be celebrating.

He was already dead. Killed by a fellow inmate. Some believe he was killed to keep him quiet and tie up a loose end.

The name of Trickshot still carries a certain stigma as it is known as the trigger that began a very dark period in a lot of people’s lives.

One person refused to let the memory of Adam Norris and Trickshot remain mired in controversy though. Alexander Franco had been the hero Arsenal but had retired nearly a decade ago after his wife, the hero Starlight, was killed in action. He had spent the past ten years teaching young super powered people at The Claremont Academy how to use their powers responsibly. There, he mentored several young heroes, including Xian Lai Do, Amethyst and even Trickshot.

After Adam Norris’ death, Franco decided to honor his former students memory by adopting the identity of Trickshot and attempting to redeem the name of a young man he knew to be a true hero.

Trickshot

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

The mysterious blind man known only as Mister X is sometimes fixer, sometimes hitman. People pay him huge amounts of money to do their dirty work for them, whatever that may be. He’ll make a problem go away, either via blackmail or straight up murder.

It was recently revealed that Mister X was actually the one who framed the original Trickshot for murder, after being contracted by Vox. Rather than being upset that he had been exposed, Mister X was thankful for the publicity and his business reputation has only grown with the added attention the whole thing has given him.

Unfortunately for Mister X, he has also gained the attention of Alexander Franco, the new Trickshot and Franco will not allow the fixer to go unpunished.

Mister X is ready for Trickshot though, he may be blind but he is far from defenceless. He is a master martial artist and is alarmingly talented with all sorts of weapons, just like Trickshot.

Mister X misdirects his opponents like no one else but Trickshot is motivated by a need for revenge and if the two should ever meet, only one of them is likely to make it out of the confrontation alive.

Mister X

Attachments:

One benefit to being gone a long while is getting to binge browse all the threads. After going through yours(not all, you have a lot!), man, let me tell you, this stuff is fantastic! Picking a favorite, or even favorites, is impossible. Your character design is top notch and your execution of your concepts, also top notch. Can’t wait to finish checking this out and see what you come up with in the future. Keep’em coming!

Savaanah Savaanah.png I Also, I think you came up with Black Panther’s Dora Milajae’s current design over four years ago.

Anarchangel
    Participant

One benefit to being gone a long while is getting to binge browse all the threads. After going through yours(not all, you have a lot!), man, let me tell you, this stuff is fantastic! Picking a favorite, or even favorites, is impossible. Your character design is top notch and your execution of your concepts, also top notch. Can’t wait to finish checking this out and see what you come up with in the future. Keep’em coming!

Hey, good to see you back. I’m glad you like my guys and gals. 🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

My last character of 2017 is the puppet master herself, Marionette. Capable of controlling the movements of others, this oddball should always be taken seriously.

Marionette

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

My first character of 2018 has quickly become one of my favourite designs.

—————————————————————————–

When aspiring journalist Brandon Washington received a cryptic message from what appeared to be a future version of himself, he learned that he was destined to save the universe. In order to do that though, he would have to trust in the enigmatic man known as The Red Brain.

The Brain, having witnessed the ever growing might of the military backed organization known as The Watchguard (Superstar, Aerial, Steel Spectre etc) the Brain grew convinced that he needed to form a civilian organization of meta-humans to combat people like the Watchguard, should they ever misuse their admittedly vast power. Rather than recruit from the existing community of heroes though, he decided to create his own via (admittedly illegal) genetic modification to unlock meta-human powers in a handful of volunteers whose genetic structure held the potential for meta-human powers. (More on those guys later)

Brandon was directed to the Red Brain by Professor Walter Wolfe, another individual who was contacted by the future version of Brandon, this time several decades earlier. Wolfe had apparently been instructed to help and guide the young Brandon but he didn’t entirely trust the Red Brain. The very fact that he called himself The Red Brain told Walter that the man was clearly insane so he instructed Brandon to lie about why he was really there. The less the Brain knew about the future, the better. Unfortunately the super intelligent Brain saw through Brandon’s lie almost immediately and Brandon blurted out the truth instead, much to the professors annoyance. The Red Brain was fascinated by the possibility that this young man had been contacted by his future self and was delighted to be a part in it all. He accepted Brandon into his program with open arms, thrilled at the possibility of learning more about time travel.

After going through the Brain’s procedure to unlock potential powers, Brandon was thrilled to learn that he could move at incredible speed (rather than the alternative of dying horrifically) and set about learning to use his new abilities. He was still very confused about how he was supposed to save the entire universe, however.

He wasn’t simply moving faster than everyone else though. He was actually slowing down time around him. The true extent of his powers became apparent to him when he accidentally threw himself back in time to 1864.

It took several weeks to figure out how but Brandon eventually returned to his own time, now with a better understanding of his own abilities.

Both Professor Wolfe and the Red Brain now try to guide the newly christened Chronicle as he undertakes not only the responsibility of his new powers but his apparent destiny to be the savior of the universe.

It would be a lot easier if the two old men would stop bickering though.

Chronicle

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

Very cool concept!  Love t!

Watch your masked shape near his ankle…..

Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,381 through 1,395 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.