Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

Wait–your shadow cast a shadow? [ponders that a moment] Um m m m. I’m not sure. I’ll need a few on that one. Interesting works.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Wait–your shadow cast a shadow? [ponders that a moment] Um m m m. I’m not sure. I’ll need a few on that one. Interesting works.

Oh yeah, valid point!

I’m just so used to putting a shadow below my characters that I didn’t think of that.

Massive oversight.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Better?

Nyx

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Every now and then I like to make something completely different from what I normally do.

Case in point, this little fella who doesn’t currently have a name.

I designed this thing to be a medical assistant droid for a medic I’m currently playing in a sci-fi themed play-by-post roleplay elsewhere on the interwebs.

Medical Droid

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Neat droid. Yah, Nyx is interesting, being her own shadow. I once stymied a GM by shooting a unicorn. The party was horrified until I began explaining that it cast a shadow, so it must have been a fake. “Because unicorns are made of the light.” On further review, he had to give me that. It ‘must’ve been’ a tactical decoy meant to lead us away from the real one.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Neat droid. Yah, Nyx is interesting, being her own shadow. I once stymied a GM by shooting a unicorn. The party was horrified until I began explaining that it cast a shadow, so it must have been a fake. “Because unicorns are made of the light.” On further review, he had to give me that. It ‘must’ve been’ a tactical decoy meant to lead us away from the real one.

That is amazing. Well done, sir. 🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

New costume for the teenage crime fighter, adrenaline junkie and Nowhere Kid, Talon.

I’ve been playing this guy, on and off, in DC Universe Online for quite a while and this is my depiction of his in game look where he wears some Nightwing style gear so he looks somewhat similar to Grayson.

For more on Talon’s backstory, see Subject Zero.

Talon

Attachments:

Wolf Master
    Participant

Wow Talon is awesome, looks like a cross between nightwing and whiplash.

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

Let’s see from where i have to start…

Midnight Enigma is nicely detailed in my opinion.
    Her costume looks simple at first, but after a while i noticed that really subtle patterns that are really nice touch to this creation.
    As some before me said, magic effect/arm glow is nice, truly nice.
    Colors, highlights and overall design is great, wonderful sorceress

Silent also looks interesting and good.
    His color scheme fits assassin character in my opinion, and colors itself are also fitting to the costume he wears.
    That yellow “Smile Face” tho. Laughted when saw it (it contrasts so much i couldn’t stop for a moment). Not sure what’s worse – that someone send assassin to kill you, or that trolly yellow smile being last thing you will see in your life.
    Nothing bad about him, only good and well made stuff.

ps. Right now (as i write this part) i noticed comment about the way Silent would show his emotions. Interesting and unique in my opinion, nice.

Delta is such realistic character in her story, and at the same time great creation from HM.
    I like when characters have fears/flaws and aren’t perfect good / ultimate evil characters, so even more “good job!” for her story.
    Her costume/armor is quite nice. Both colors and design itself are great.
    Highlights on this piece are well done also.

Neuro has super (hehe, super) superpower in my opinion.
    I like that black-purple-pink combination on her.
    Again highlights add nice touch to the overall look of character.

Hurt interested me really much.
    Her powers sounds like it make her somewhat of a dramatic/forced evil hero, i like that kind of stuff.
    Great “i’m evil and i know it” costume, colors, design, everything speaks “evil force, do not approach”
    I also adore her mask (it’s a mask, yes? ;_; i am not sure).

Rabid is good animal/half-animal character for me.
    His right arm is just amazing, loving it.
    Rest of the costume is also well made.
    Looks truly ferocious.

Serenity Miller has long, but truly worth reading history/backstory.
    Loving her, Scar and his friends, and of course, The Dark One!
    On the created piece she has really nice clothes, liking it.
    Also, great idea with The Dark One leaning out from behind the text.

Wiki is simple and nice.
    Sounds smart, knows a lot, i like it.
    Her clothes are pleasing for my eyes. All hail the normal clothes!

Anansi is character i love to look on (i like spiders)
    Colors are just perfectly fitted.
    Costume is great.
    these spider legs look sooo good in gold.

Toxin for sure has style when it comes to costumes.
    Design fits the biological/chemical killer/scientist.
    once again (sorry if i’m starting to repeat itself), colors just intensifies that “i’m evil” fells that he is surrounded with.

Apex is one wonderful piece of superhero.
    His powers are unique and amazing at the same time.
    Costume itself speaks “city warrior” no matter at what part i look at.

Komodo is based of reptile. Me like reptile. Me love reptile => me love komodo.
    His armor is great. I mostly adore his shoulderpads (not sure why).
    Of course, helm is also well made, just like the rest of his costume.
    Shadows/highlights are really, really well made on this creation.

Lady Mantis gives me strong “Deadly Woman” vibes, good.
    I like how her simple spear contrasts with her colorful and detailed costume, gives her unique charm.
    costume/armor itself fits overall villain theme of hers, its nice.

El Toro Loco is for me great(looking) superhero.
    Bull theme and colors are well fitted into overall design.
    I like how his costume turns from completely black and heavily armored on limbs to light and colorful on torso.

The violent vigilante Valkyrie… Tried to speak it 3 times with my bad english and failed ;-; You broke my tongue!
    Anyway, i like her. Combining modern firearms with nordic style sounds, and is great idea.
    I also like how you kept balance between going modern and going nordic when it comes to her costume, good job on that.

Jupiter truly looks godly. And thunder-y. And levitate-y.
    Classic superhero style with this color scheme is truly magnificent and gives off the “im mighty” vibes all around.
    Thunder-shaped gloves and belt aren’t to sparkly, but that’s good, everything in Jupiter is fine as it is.

Invictus sounds like ancient gladiator, and looks like modern (probably england) gladiator, it’s really nice character.
    I like this style. His costume isn’t on his entire body, and it’s also kinda not 100% costume, more like very unique and specific set of clothes that serves as costume, bonus points for that (not that i use points now)
    Mask on his head fits him and looks good.

Vanguard, and you know, that in Russia you don’t want have super powers, it’s super powers that want to have you!
    Great country-themed hero. Colors are nice, his costume with armor elements fits his raw-human-power style.
    I also love how everything is made around his muscular body, again, fits Vanguard really well.

Terra is one sweet piece of nature superhero.
    Loving the idea of no-shoes+dirty-legs, gives even more nature feels then it would without it.
    Just noticed that you always manage to use black in such a way on the costume that it fits anyone. Even here, on nature hero, black isn’t bad thing, and that i find strangely amusing.

(looking at new version)
    Mademoiselle Dubois is so, so, sssssso in my style. It speaks to me. It wants me (to die horribly)! ;_;
    She is in fact simple, but she gives of crazy levels of creepiness. Me love creepy ladies.
    Her normal clothes actually doubles the power of how mysterious she looks like.
    Umbrella fits nice to all of this.
    Sweet.

(looking at new version)
    Phoenix truly looks like someone who was criminal, color scheme and pose are proof of it.
    His overall design is great.
    Colors picked for said design have same level of greatness.

Dragonfly is great when it comes to using theme in hero costume.
    Wings fit him nice, and costume itself is well made in my opinion.
    Soft glow of his gauntlets and belt adds him unique touch.
    Also, i think that his in-air pose is really good.

I love contrast that is in Kodiak.
    Upper half looks truly animalistic, raw, powerful, belts doesn’t destroy, and even add to that effect.
    Lower half is like someone wanted to make pants and gauntlets out of tanks. Not just one, but few tanks.
    Also, nice hi-tech feel on said gauntlets.
    Highlights on metal all well made in my opinion.

Nyx, Nyx, oh Nyx… Is she free on next saturday? ;-;
    To say it simply, i love her. Dark, omnius, creepy and supernatural.
    I also adore how she has details despite being almost completely black.
    Wonderful design.

Medical droid is great, i love totally unique creations with non-standard ideas for stuff.
    Eyes, electric-panel mouth (not sure if that is correct name for it), and everything, just great.
    He is also completely adorable. Would hug him, or even harm myself just for him to come.

Talon is also pleasing for the eyes.
    I like his whip-like weapons, pretty sure i never seen weapons like that before.
    Color theme amazing, costume design also, and that teenager smile, fits him just right.

And that’s it. Thanks for creating such wonderful characters.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Thanks to both of you. I’m glad you like my guys and gals. 🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

This is just a tidied up version of Vandal, the extra-dimensional barbarian who used to be accompanied by another character named Warlock. Well, that guy’s gone.

The creepy and nefarious Vox managed to use his powers to get inside Vandal’s head and coerce him into killing the warlock.

Vox took control of the chain that controlled Vandal for a short time until interference from Phoenix broke the bonds that held him.

Now Vandal is on his own for the first time and without someone to control him, there’s simply no telling now much chaos the barbarian may cause.

Vandal

Attachments:

Vengeance
    Participant

Dude just stop now,!!!!!all good stuff as usual really love Nyx..and Talon’s Night wing vibe is cool

Anarchangel
    Participant

A redesign of a character I originally made a loooooong time ago who was originally known as just Scorpion, because I’m bad at names.

Like Throwback and The Web, Jamie Rodriguez was a victim of experiments by Evolution Inc to create human animal hybrids. (More on Evolution Inc when I get around to doing another character)

Unlike Throwback and The Web, Rodriguez decided to use his new powers for personal gain, rather than helping others.

Sick and tired of being pushed around by others and desperate to make money to support his family, Jamie adopted the identity of Scorpion and, falling back on his army training, formed the mercenary group known as the Deathstalkers.

Scorpion and the Deathstalkers were never picky about the contracts they accepted and often found themselves on the wrong side of the law and battling the world’s masked heroes. Prowler and Dragonfly in particular seemed to come into contact with the mercenaries a lot and Scorpion developed a particular hatred for both.

The mercenaries had some success for a time until Jamie lost his tail in battle and decided to retire. It was time to focus on repairing the damage his life as Scorpion did to his family.

The former criminal and mercenary seemed to have legitimately gone straight for a number of years and was slowly putting his family back together. All signs pointed to the Scorpion being gone for good.

But Daniel Saint, a.k.a Static Buzz, a.k.a the practically all seeing eye of the superhero community these days, recently learned that Rodriguez’s former Deathstalker squad had all been found brutally murdered. Worse still, Rodriguez was now missing.

Static contacted his former partner Dragonfly, knowing that he had history with Rodriguez, and asked him to investigate. Dragonfly’s investigation led him to an old base the mercenaries used long ago. The base seemed to have been abandoned for years, save for it’s sole inhabitant, the re-scorpionized Rodriguez, who attacked Dragonfly on sight.

Now adopting the name of his fallen squad, the newly christened Deathstalker informed Dragonfly that he was going to hunt down whoever killed his friends and if the hero got in his way, he would die too.

Dragonfly now found himself in a race against time to find the killer before Deathstalker did, because if Rodriguez found them first, he may well do something that there was no coming back from.

Deathstalker

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Here’s the item you were asking about. The original was done by MadJack, so probably best to credit him rather than me.

Attachments:

Wolf Master
    Participant

Deathstalker looks killer.

Considently I just started a character called Deathstalker too. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.