Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

You knew this was coming. I can’t have a collection of insect themed characters and not have a Lady Bug.

Lady Bug

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vampyrist
    Participant

I think the question is, how did you not have one already? Also good job on her.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Leaping into the hearts and minds of The Ant Queen’s court comes “The Fantastic Flea”!

This young, Canadian, wannabe hero may not be the biggest, the strongest or even the smartest but he makes up for it with endless cheer, enthusiasm and determination. Flea plans to one day become the greatest hero the world has ever seen and while some may scoff at the idea, those who know him, know not to underestimate him. One day, Flea may very well become the worlds greatest hero.

Fllea

Attachments:

Stulte
    Participant

I really like The Fantastic Flea! You’ve got such a firm grasp on the Heromachine program; I really think you can achieve anything with it.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Let’s take a (sort of) break from the influx of insects to bring you a supporting character in Dragonfly’s story. Specifically his girlfriend, Nicole Alton.

Aspiring investigative journalist Nicole Alton didn’t always play such an important part in Dragonfly’s life. In fact, while she and Alex McKnight (Dragonfly’s civilian identity) have been friends for a long time, Nicole was unaware that her friend was Dragonfly and actually didn’t like the so called hero or any of the growing number of insect meta’s. Mistrust and outright hatred of the insectoids was not an uncommon mindset among the general population until relatively recently, thanks to several large scale attacks on various cities by the Locust King and his army of drones.

Nicole, showing her skill for investigative journalism, eventually discovered Dragonfly’s secret identity. The fact that Dragonfly turned out to be a close friend was initially an emotional gut punch and Nicole, feeling betrayed, came very close to releasing the story to the public. She ultimately decided not to go through with it however, thanks in no small part to an emotional confrontation with Alex. For a brief time afterward, the secret revealed threatened to dissolve the friendship between Nicole and Alex but with no more secrets between the two, they ultimately grew closer and even began dating.

Since then, while Nicole had some initial reservations about the relationship, the two have become all but inseparable and have worked together on many investigations. Nicole’s attitude towards the general insectoid population has now done a complete 180 after meeting many of them and she has become one of their strongest and most vocal supporters.

Nicole Alton

Attachments:

hawk007
    Participant

Very cool! I like the pose.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Stink Bug is exactly as gross and obnoxious as his name suggests. His body generates a number of noxious and sometimes toxic gasses which he is all too keen to use in his enemies or just anyone who gets in his way. Stink Bug is only outmatched in terms of sheer size by the Goliath Beetle. His wings, stolen technology created by the inventor Static Buzz, have been heavily modified but are still barely capable of lifting him off the ground. In flight, he is slow and ungainly. This has been the saving grace of many of his opponents because once the Stink Bug gets a hold of you, the fight is practically over.

Stink Bug

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

This is Starchild after he adopts the full mantle of Starborn.

Starborn is probably my third favourite character after Dragonfly and Adrenaline and I’ve even been using him alongside Bad Dog in DC Universe Online (xStarbornx). This is actually much closer to the in game image than my depiction of Bad Dog was, with only a couple of very minor tweaks.

I’m really happy with how this one turned out because I put it of for a very long time because I knew how difficult it would be. I know it doesn’t look that difficult but it took forever.

Starborn

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

*GROAN*

I just cleared my browser cache because the new items from dblade weren’t loading into heromachine and completely forgot that that erased all of my character files….

…On the plus side, I did get the new items.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Xian is another of my favourites. Probably my favourite female character.

Xian was originally created years ago for a role playing game and I had a ton of fun playing her. She’s the cheeriest goth chick you’ll ever meet. Xian’s powers make her invisible to all five senses. The problem is, she pretty much stuck in this state and it takes intense concentration for her to interact with the world in any real way.

Now I know what you’re saying. “Didn’t you use that same psycho teddy bear with Psymon?”. Yes I did. But I stole the idea from this character. While Psymon’s bear was only supposed to be a normal teddy that he manipulates through telekinesis, Xian’s bear, Hotaru, is an actual possessed teddy bear.

Hotaru is Xian’s closest friend and enemy. The two are linked mentally, physically and spiritually. While Xian is a bubbly, friendly type of person, Hotaru is miserable and just downright sadistic. The spirit spends most of his time lurking around inside Xian’s head after finding that her unique position between this world and the spirit world keeps him off the radar of the wraiths that want to drag him off to hell. Xian, initially hating having a spirit lodger rattling around in her head, found that Hotaru’s presence allowed her to better interact with the world thanks to his telekinesis. And so she allows him to stay. Of course Hotaru comes and goes, often possessing others for short periods of time but also inhabiting Xian’s favourite teddy bear…Just because a possessed teddy bear wearing a hockey mask creeps people out.

Xian and Hotaru bicker constantly and Hotaru delights in screwing with his human host. Xian gives as good as she gets though and seems to be able to force Hotaru into the teddy bear. She often uses it as a form of punishment.

Despite their fights, Xian and Hotaru have grown close over the time they have spent together. The often lonely Xian knows that Hotaru is the one person that will always be there to keep her company when she finds it difficult to interact with the world and Hotaru knows that without Xian, he would probably be burning in a fiery hell pit right now.

Neither of them would ever admit it but Xian and Hotaru have become friends and each loves the other in their own peculiar and twisted way.

Xian: “What are you doing with that knife?”Hotaru: “Don’t worry about it”

Attachments:

Geno
    Participant

I haven’t had time to be on the forums much lately, but you’ve posted a lot of great stuff recently. I especially like Ladybug and the Sparrowhawk drone.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Phoenix is a character I’ve been meaning to create for a long time. He plays an integral part in the overarching story of my universe and he has touched the lives of a lot of characters. I’m not going to say how exactly he’s involved because there’s a lot of stories I still have to tell before that so Phoenix’s story makes sense. I’ll get around to it eventually but there’s a lot to tell and it kind of puts me off when I think about it all. I’m too lazy.

Phoenix

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Blessed with the strength speed stamina etc. of three men, this is Olympian.

Olmpian

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Lately I’ve been trying to use more or less sensible costumes for my female characters. But let’s face it, there’s nothing sensible about this much cleavage. But then this character’s supposed to be rather sexual so…here she is.

Nubian

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Armorclad is partly responsible for Sentinel’s life as a superhero. The mercenary and his team ambushed Sentinel and his marine unit in Afghanistan, leaving the future hero with a broken back. Only the intervention of new heroine American Dream saved his life. After a slow and painful physical rehabilitation, Sentinel learned to walk again and sought out his rescuer. Sentinel and American Dream fell in love and have been together ever since.

Armorclad

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.