Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

Thanks guys. I’m glad you like her :)

JR19759
    Keymaster

Love it, especially the shoulders, where the wing joins the body (I can’t think of what to call it). Awesome

Legatus
    Participant

Glad to see you around here Anarchangel.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Thanks guys. Glad to see you’re still around too Legatus.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Just experimenting. I did say I suck at poses. Consider this a rough first draft of this character.

Vox is evil to his core. He uses his voice to hypnotize people and plant suggestions in their minds. A favourite pastime of this cruel and twisted villain is slowly and painfully corrupting heroes and using them to carry out his schemes.

Vox.png

Anarchangel
    Participant

That belt’s annoying the crap out of me now. Must redo…but later.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Brilliant pose

Trekkie
    Participant

Glad to see you back around Anarchangel. Vox’s pose looks great.

Anarchangel
    Participant

As I mentioned when I posted Salamander, the universe these characters inhabit has recently suffered a tragedy. The death of the young hero, Gecko.

Gecko idolized the masked heroes of the world and wanted to be just like them. So when his father invented a set of of gloves and boots that would allow a person to climb walls, he “appropriated them” and set out to accomplish his goal, much to the horror of his parents and the annoyance of his city’s heroes. Despite everyone’s continued efforts to get him to stop, Gecko always found a way to get a hold of his fathers gear and continued to “wash the streets clean with soapy justice”.

To his credit, Gecko was very nimble and seemed to have a knack for athletics. He earned the respect of several heroes, including Dragonfly and Salamander, the latter of which he felt a strong bond with. The two became friends, despite the difference in age and Salamander convinced several established heroes that Gecko had a lot of potential. After all, he was going to keep trying to be a hero one way or another. Why not make sure it’s done right?

Unfortunately, not long after the decision was made to train Gecko officially, tragedy struck and Gecko was caught in a bomb blast while saving a number of civilians.

The public outcry at the death of such a young child under the care of “so called heroes” is still being felt but Gecko has been named an honorary member of the Freedom League for his heroics.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/anarchangel/2013/01/Gecko.jpg

Weilyn

That is a great story, and it raises a very valid point about superhero fiction that I think isn’t adressed nearly enough (granted, I rarely read superhero comic-books).

Also, nifty helmet.

Legatus
    Participant

Great thought-provoking story!

Anarchangel
    Participant

Jupiter (a.k.a Zeus) is the Superman of my characters universe….Actually he’s one of several.

He is also the leader of The Pantheon, a loose association of super-humans who Jupiter claims are the reincarnated gods of ancient Greece and Rome. (You’ll see more of them later) According to Jupiter, when the world began to change and mortals stopped believing in the gods, there was no place for him and his family. His bickering, squabbling family. Jupiter grew tired of the trickery and back biting of the other gods and so cast them out. He cursed them to continually live mortal lives. It was a lesson in humility.

Jupiter was alone.

Over the ages though, the lone god began to miss his family. He was tired of being alone. And so he set the same magic upon himself. He would live a mortal life until the day he died and the cycle began again. But he alone would remember who he was. He would remember because he foresaw a day when he his family would be needed again and he would need to bring them back together.

That day is today.

Jupiter has collected together a number of super humans whom he claims are the old gods. While none of the other “gods” have any recollection of their previous lives, Jupiter has convinced many of them that his story is true, while others are still unsure.

The public at large are as undecided as the gods themselves. While many believe Jupiter and the other gods are who they claim to be, just as many think he’s a nut job who is little more than a super powered cult leader. No matter what people believe, Jupiter continues to gather his scattered family in preparation for the day when they will all be needed.

Jupiter.png

Anarchangel
    Participant

Wow. That post was a lot longer than I intended it to be.

I’m really liking these characters. The costume designs, the concepts,… . Everything just fits.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Love the costume, just the right mix of classic silver age design with a modern twist

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.