Your challenge this week is to use HeroMachine to create one of the animal/human hybrids known as the Beast Folk from The Island of Doctor Moreau. I have included a list below for reference.
- Edward Prendick– The narrator and protagonist.
- Moreau– A vivisectionist who has fled upon his experiments being exposed and has moved to a remote island in the Pacific to pursue his research of perfecting his Beast Folk.
- Montgomery– Dr. Moreau's assistant and Prendick's rescuer. A medical doctor who enjoyed a measure of happiness in England. An alcoholic who feels some sympathy for the Beast Folk.
- Beast Folk– Animals which Moreau has experimented upon, giving them human traits via vivisection for which the surgery is extremely painful. They include:
Hey everyone, here with a very special bit of news! The film adaptation of The Dark Tower has finally released a trailer! And of course it had to do so while I was out of town for a couple of days and didn’t have time to do a proper review for it (although a post about what we did while we were gone is also forthcoming…). So now that we’re home again and work is done for the week, let’s check out our first look at The Dark Tower.
I just wanted to stop by and let you all know I am still around and doing well. I know I haven't written anything in a long time, I have a lot of things going on right now so that combined with a severe case of writers block has kept my participation on the site as simply a reader! But you are all in the more then capable hands of Jr, melmo44, and djuby which are all better writers the I ever was! Good work guys!! I'll see if I can get past this writers block and get some Anime Talk and or Kaldath's Corners up in the near future.
Two Machiners entered this week's CDC and WOW is all I have to say! The challenge was ti recreate a section from a famous Seurat painting,
Christi S. captured the texture and sense of shadow and light of the original,
While HerrD emphasized Seurat's use of pointilism in his entry.
So to the win...
I always said I would never end a CDC in a tie, but this week I cannot determine a winner. Both entries address the challenge beautifully and effectively. In the past, when two pieces are very close, I would break the tie based on which piece I could see competing for CDC of the Year, and this week I think both are worthy.
So for the first, and possibly the last time we have a draw. Beautiful work by tiy both, and thanks for entering.
The winner of this week's CDC is James Knight.
The approach taken to the body was restrained and thoughtful with just enough detail to be effective, while the facial expression is brilliantly composed.
Please join me in congratulating James on the win.
Well done you!
The winner of this week's challenge is HerrD.
You can always count on HerrD for thinking outside the box, and coming up with something truly original.
Well done you!
Your Pop Quiz challenge is to re-imagine the Easter Bunny. Could be a hero, villain, sci-fi, zombie, steampunk ... whatever puts the hip in your hop.
You only get one entry so have fun!
All entries must be in JPG or PNG form (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like the HeroMachine :,ImageShack, PhotoBucket, or whatever);
- Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name;
- The image must be new and designed specifically for the Pop Quiz;
- No copyrighted characters please – they will be deleted.
- Please name your filesas [your name]-[character name].[file extension] before you upload it. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his “Bayou Belle” character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
Please make the link go directly to the image (like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this).
This contest will close at 9am Eastern on Monday, April 17th.
Hey everyone, back again with another review. Now you all remember how I talked about this film back before it opened in December and that I really wanted to see it? Well, we weren’t able to make it to the theater for this one, but it’s recently come out on Blu-Ray/DVD (am I the only one who still says ‘out on video’ when talking about new releases?) so we gave it a rent. So let’s talk about how it went. As usual, no spoilers here.
This week's winner is Meniukas. The character is creative and unexpected, and the use of colour and shading are really great!
Join me in congratulating Meniukas on a well deserved win. Well done you!