So, I'm gonna try something different this week. I can't think of any decent questions for the Big Question, so instead I'm going to bring one of my old forum topics over to replace it (ironic really, as the Big Question started out as a forum topic as well).
The idea is simple, there's ten questions on a variety of "geeky" subjects, ranging from Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Comics, Movies, TV, Anime and Games. The person with the most correct answers wins, probably a no-prize, in true Marvel style. If you guys like this idea then I will try to keep it going as the Thursday blog post (it's something different). Anyway, without further ado, lets jump in.
1. Name the original line up of the Justice Society as they appeared in All Star Comics ♯3 Winter 1940? (1 Point per member= 8 Points)
2. How many TV episodes of Doctor Who have the Zygons appeared in? (1 Point)
3. Which of these anime series didn't have its origin in a manga published in the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine? (1 Point)
b) One Piece
c) Fairy Tail
4. In what century is Star Trek: The Original Series set in? (1 Point)
5. How many episodes of Firefly aired in its original run? (1 Point)
6. Who was the first member of the Brotherhood of Mutants encountered by the X-Men (excluding Magneto)? (1 Point)
7. Name the actress set to play Wonder Woman in the up-coming Batman vs. Superman film. (1 Point)
8. Who was the composer responsible for the score of the Star Wars movies? (2 Points)
9. What is the opening line of J.R.R Tolkiens book The Hobbit (1 Point)
Bonus Point: Which Dwarf arrives at Bilbo's home first? (1 Point)
10. In which game did Mario first appear in? (1 Point)
Bonus Point: What name was he given in said game? (1 Point)
Answers below the jump. No peaking now, that would be cheating.
1. Green Lantern, The Flash, Hawkman, Doctor Fate, The Sandman, The Spectre, The Atom, Hourman.
2. 2 (Terror of the Zygons (1975), Day Of The Doctor (2013))
3. c) Fairy Tail (Both it and the original Manga that most of it's characters where taken from, Rave Master, were originally published in Weekly Shonen Jump's competitor Weekly Shonen Magazine).
6. The Blob (X-Men ♯3, January 1964)
7. Gal Gadot
8. John Williams
9. "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit"
Bonus Point: Dwalin
10. Donkey Kong (the original arcade game, 1981)