For my first challenge I would like to honor the famous duos both past and future. There has always been a straight man and a funny man teamed up to bring a smile to our faces. Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy, C3PO &R2D2, and Twiki & Dr. Theopolis are a few of the most famous duos out there. Your challenge this week is to create a Robotic Duo.
With the help of my wife Isia, I will be judging the contest with a different eye. We are not looking for fancy bells and whistles or elaborate backgrounds.
I’m looking to see if the character really fit the theme of the contest?
I’ll pick my personal favorites when the week is over. The rules otherwise are the same as always:
- All entries must be in JPG or PNG form (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like the HeroMachine forums, ImageShack, PhotoBucket, or whatever);
- Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name;
- The image cannot have been used in any previous HeroMachine challenge;
- Please name your files as [your name]-[character name].[file extension] before you upload it. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his “Bayou Belle” character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
- Please make the link go directly to the image (like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this). See this post on how to get the direct link for most sites.
- All entries must be in by Saturday, when I’ll choose my personal favorites.
Limit two entries this week.
P.S. I forgot to add that dblade will be offering prizes to the winners.
I would like to thank him for the offer.
Here is how the prizes will work:
1. At the end of each month I will have a poll that includes the weekly winners for that month.
Everyone will then be allowed to vote for the best design of that month. That winner will be
the prize winner for that month.
2. Each quarter of the year (every three months) the monthly winners will be placed in a poll for
everyone to vote for the best design for the quarter. The winner will be the prize winner for
3. At the end of the year, the four quarterly winners will go head to head in a vote off for the
best design of the year. The winner will be the prize winner for the year.
Because it is the last month of this year we will only be having the weekly winners going up
for the monthly prize.
All prizes will be between the winners and dblade.