30 Characters Challenge #19: Old Glory

Old Glory

9 Responses to 30 Characters Challenge #19: Old Glory

1. Avatar Professor Anthrax says:

Looks great, but I’m surprised, given your oft-noted derision for the concept, that you did the male-thigh-high-boots thing on this character.
    Call it a trifle, but the original assessment stands. Dandy bit of work.

Professor Anthrax: I’m surprised, given your oft-noted derision for the concept, that you did the male-thigh-high-boots thing on this character.

That was very much on purpose, and fully in line with my opinion of the contrivance 🙂

3. Avatar Keric says:

There is nothing I can say about this character Jeff, So I’ll just present my Groom

4. Avatar Prof.Anthrax says:

I see…
    I think.

5. Thigh boots. *snicker*

Are you getting the inspiration for these characters somewhere specific, or just creating them all from scratch?

Ian Thomas Healy:
    Thigh boots. *snicker*

I was going for something that reminded me of old-school (the “old” in “old glory”) American exceptionalism, that sort of entitled arrogance that strides around the world wrapped in its own glory kicking the ass of anyone who looks askance at it. “Big Dick Diplomacy” at its rawest 🙂 So not anti-American at all, but sort of making a little fun of that kind of unconscious arrogance that comes with big power.

As far as influence, it’s pretty much whatever I think of as I am either falling asleep or waking up.

So far the only one that makes me want to write or draw it up as an actual project is Wikkan and the Blog Street Irregulars.

This one was just a bit of fun. As I was going to sleep last night the image of a character literally wrapped in the flag occurred to me.

7. Avatar Worf says:

I see that I subconsciously must have inspired you. Nice F-18 silhouettes in the background.

Oh, and nice character too. 😛 😉

8. Avatar ams says:

“Big Dick Diplomacy” at its rawest….I can see that with the package Old Glory is carrying.

9. ams ams says:

“Big Dick Diplomacy” at its rawest….

I can see that with the package Old Glory is sportin’!