Minor Victory!!!

So, it's true now that Rob "How Does He Have A Job" Liefeld has called it quits at DC. We no longer have to suffer through some of the worst art ever to be printed by a comic book company. It was apparently because of editorial battles. For more information, check out the Newsarama page: http://blog.newsarama.com/2012/08/22/rob-liefeld-quits-dc-the-0s-are-my-last-issues/

I'm mentally doing backflips, cartwheels and just generally jumping for joy! That's one less set of comics we have to endure Rob Liefeld working on.

15 Responses to Minor Victory!!!

1. Avatar Frankie says:

Hooray! I’m not currently reading any comics, but I still say…Hooray!

Minor victory? With Liefeld having burnt a bridge with left a major publisher, that’s practically a Godsend!

3. Avatar Arioch says:

Yeah! That’s a pretty good new! 😀

4. Avatar mcknight57 says:

Myro:
    Minor victory?With Liefeld having burnt a bridge with left a major publisher, that’s practically a Godsend!

There are still other comics around for him to maim, mutilate, and beat to near-death (ran out of “M” words). We’re not out of the woods yet.

5. Avatar mcknight57 says:

ams: His name is “Baz”.I guess short for “bad ass” and he is “Arab-American” according to the comic gossip.

Yes, he is and technically if we’re counting Alan Scott from when he was part of the Earth-0 DCU and the bit of time that his daughter was a Green Lantern, (thanks to Kyle) then Baz is actually the 7th American Green Lantern. Well, Green Lantern from America. Until Geoff Johns (who apparently identifies as Lebanese) makes his speech next month, we really don’t have any further knowledge of who Baz is or WHY IN THE HOLY HELL WITH A DANCING UNICORN he carries a gun, wears a mask or has only one name to identify with like freakin’ Madonna?! . . . . . . . . . . Okay. I’m good now. Just had to vent there. Seriously, folks. I really don’t have much more info than you do. My contacts in the industry don’t know or can’t say anything.

6. Avatar Mysterious Zed says:

Omg! What did he do to Deathstroke?!

7. Avatar Kalontas says:

Maim, mutilate and… er… masticate?

Don’t worry, he’ll find another sucker to hire him, if just to sound “controversial” (not realising he’s killing his own business).

8. Avatar McKnight57 says:

Mysterious Zed:
    Omg! What did he do to Deathstroke?!

Slade’s been looking like he might have actually had a stroke.

9. Avatar McKnight57 says:

Kalontas:
    Maim, mutilate and… er… masticate?

Unfortunately, since he’s a founder of Image, he’s not completely gone. As long as he’s only a figurehead and doesn’t contribute with writing or artwork, I’ll be fine with it.

10. Avatar Trekkie says:

I’ll admit I’m definitely not weeping over this revelation. Now I wonder who they’re getting/they’ve got to replace the guy on Deathstroke, Grifter and Hawkman. Not that I care all that much considering I haven’t read any of those three and have no plans to start any time soon.

11. Avatar ProwlerKnight says:

“Nahnahnahnah….nahnahnahnah….hey hey hey….GOODBYE!!!” (hopefully for good)

12. Avatar Jawsabi says:

I dont read many comics But I have seen some of this guys work Gawd tank ya !

13. Avatar Jawsabi says:

Jawsabi:
    I dont read many comics But I have seen some of this guys work Gawd tank ya !

And good reddens (hopefully)

14. Avatar Skiriki says:

Hooray! Now, if only we can have the same happen to Greg “Hack” Land…

Although I am willing to settle for a compromise where both of them get taught to draw properly and without copying/tracing other artists/models/pr0n.