Caption Contest 113 generated some of the funniest lines we’ve seen in a long time, filling in the missing dialog in this classic “Superman” cover:
Without further ado, here are the ones I thought were the funniest:
- Mr.MikeK: Mutton Chop Powers Activate! Activate Dammit!
- Nick Hentschel: “Well, that’s the end of THESE undies!”
- Nick Hentschel: “Oh, no not DETROIT!!!”
- GreenBat: I’ll never play Words with Friends again.
- Worf: Wait! I haven’t told you the punchline yet!
- DubbleYoo: So that’s why you never tug on Superman’s cape!
- Joel: “So THIS is fourth class.”
- William A. Peterson: But I haven’t learned how to MISS the ground, yet!
- spidercow2010: THIS is the connecting flight?!
- Lewis: “This is not statistically the safest was to travel!”
- Myro: “Fine! You’re scarier than Batman! YOU’RE SCARIER THAN BATMAN!”
- Niall Mor: These TSA pat-downs are getting way out of hand!
As you know, there can be only one overall winner, and this week I am going once again with … Nick Hentschel!
I didn’t honestly notice the line until Spidercow2010 pointed it out, so I thank him for that.
Thanks to everyone who entered, congratulations to all the Finalists, and Nick, let me know what you’d like for your prize!