Your character design challenge this week is to create an awesome illustration using HeroMachine based on a deck of cards. Now, you could go with the standard playing card deck with numbers from deuce to ten, with the Jack, Queen, King, and Ace, in the four suits of Hearts, Clubs, Spades, or Diamonds. Or, you could change directions completely and go with a Tarot Card Deck, along with the various colorful figures and concepts contained therein. One famous example of the former is DC’s “Royal Flush Gang”, though of course you don’t have to do a whole group.
The person with the winning entry as selected by our expert panel (i.e. me) will win their choice of a) a portrait to go in HeroMachine 3, b) an item to go in HeroMachine 3, or c) a custom black and white “Sketch of the Day” style drawing (also by me). The rules otherwise are the same as always:
- Be sure to check out this thread that explains how to post a link to your image!
- All entries must be in JPG or PNG form (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like ImageShack, PhotoBucket, the UGO Forums, whatever);
- Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name;
- The image cannot have been used in any previous HeroMachine character design contest;
- Please name your files as [your name]-[character name].[file extension]. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his “Bayou Belle” character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
- Please make the link go directly to the image (like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this). If you see “preview” or “rotate” somewhere in the link you’re probably doing it wrong.
- All entries must be in by next Monday, when I’ll choose a winner.
Good luck everyone! No more than ten (10) entries per person this week, folks, so make ‘em count.