World-building: Kairula

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery World-building: Kairula

Viewing 5 posts - 136 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Author

Kaylin88100
    Participant

@Lightningsword said:

He looks wise. I believe that story.

Umm…thanks? Confused

Seriously, thanks for your feedback. If I don’t get any, I’ll probably stop posting these. Frown

Herr D
    Participant

Don’t stop. It’s summer. Visitors and commenters on most peoples’ sites die down a bit.
    Tris is good. What’s an Omega–the ‘low mutt?’
    Are you going with “The One” theory that there’s a similar individual to every significant historical character on every Earth-clone in every alternate universe? You know, what with your place being Kairula and not Earth.
    Anyway, when it comes to Arthurian legend, I’m just glad the family was into dragons for symbols and not fantasy creatures named ‘Itentiaries,’ or ‘Tuprages,’ or something worse. Laugh

Kaylin88100
    Participant

@Herr D said:

Don’t stop. It’s summer. Visitors and commenters on most peoples’ sites die down a bit.
    Tris is good. What’s an Omega–the ‘low mutt?’
    Are you going with “The One” theory that there’s a similar individual to every significant historical character on every Earth-clone in every alternate universe? You know, what with your place being Kairula and not Earth.
    Anyway, when it comes to Arthurian legend, I’m just glad the family was into dragons for symbols and not fantasy creatures named ‘Itentiaries,’ or ‘Tuprages,’ or something worse. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

If you want to know what an Omega is, look it up. It’s what I created the wiki for, after all. Laugh

The Arthur in the story is a modern-day descendant of the legendary one. His life does parallel the original in some ways, but not in others. For example, his father didn’t die when he was a baby, and is in fact still alive when he becomes king.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Update:

I’ve made some changes to History of the Elves. Take a look! Smile

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Wow. It’s been ages since I updated this – so long that the wiki has actually been decommissioned! Sorry about that. I might repost it on a blog or something, if I could be bothered. But the thing is, since I last posted on here, I haven’t done that much work on Kairula stuff, because I’ve been working on a new project. It’s still fantasy, but instead of another planet it’s set in an alternate universe. Would anyone be interested in hearing about it? It’s actually becoming a novel rather than just a world!

Viewing 5 posts - 136 through 140 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.