Valiant's Hall of Heroes and Villains

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Valiant's Hall of Heroes and Villains

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Valiant
    Participant

G’day all,

I figure I may as well introduce myself before I get to posting characters (the first of which is currently underway and will be posted ASAP).

So I’m Valiant but you can call me ‘Val,’

As a self-proclaimed geek, I love all things fantasy, sci-fi, and superheroes. I’m a writer at heart but I never had a way to visually express my ideas so finding HM was basically an answer to prayer.

I’m super excited to share my characters and concepts with you all and I hope that not only will I learn from you all, but that you might even be inspired by some of my work.

I look forward to the posts to follow and getting to know you all.

Cheers,
    Valiant

Michael Chiarcos
    Participant

Hello Val, nice to meet you. I’m Michael. I am an occasional user of Hero Machine for the same reasons. I have good ideas and no artistic talent to save my life. Here are a few of my ideas…

A few Old Ideas, a Few New Ideas

Going through some of the Galleries here I realized I’m totally lost as far as art is concerned so I focus on edges, layers and experiments with transformations

Michael

Valiant
    Participant

@MichaelChiarcos thanks for dropping in, it’s nice to meet you as well! I like the art style you’re going for in your designs, pretty unique

Valiant
    Participant

hmm, I was going to post my character but something seems to have gone wrong upon editing the post…

Valiant
    Participant

G’day all,

I suppose I should start by explaining The Immortals. They’re a pretty major part of my universe’s mythos so it makes sense to explain the concept of them first. Now just a disclaimer, I’m positive that similar concepts have been presented before but I hope that no one feels as if I’ve ripped them off with the idea behind these characters.

Anywho, let’s begin:

Immortals

Born simultaneously with the universe, Aeter, the first Immortal, is the universe and the universe is Aeter. Giving life to his fellow Immortals, (often referred to as Eternals or The Undying), he tasked them with bringing life and energy into the galaxy. Terra, an immortal of life and fertility, saw the earth and recognised its potential for growth. The Immortal created humans, a race of bipedal creatures in the visage of their creators.

Humans, recognising the power of the Immortals, viewed them as deities, gods, and as the Immortals inhabiting earth divided into sects, the people of earth formed religions, myths, and cultures around these beings. These sects became known as Pantheons, and cultures were established that formed the basis of humanities evolution.

In modern times, Immortals have been all but forgotten, the ancient traditions being replaced by new technologies and advancements. Some Immortals accept this, as species advance, things of the old must be replaced. Some Immortals do not take solace in this thought, wishing to be worshipped for eternity. It is the goal of one Immortal that sparks the conflict that will come to be known as the War of Immortals. As the battle rages, it currently concerns only one Immortal sect, however, if left unchecked, it may garner the attention of other Immortal groups, across the earth.

Zeus

• Current Alias: Christopher Olympus
    • Role: Neutral
    • Affiliation: Immortals, Greek Sect, Olympus Corp

Zeus ruled atop the mystical Mount Olympus peacefully as king of the Greek Immortals. That is, until Poseidon, his elder brother, challenged his rule. The two sides clashed in epic combat. It was said the cries of agony could be heard by mortals on the earth below. Their combat raged on until Poseidon was forced to retreat. Following the conflict, Zeus retired from his tenure as ruler of Olympus and allowed Chronos, the elder Immortal to take over.

After the war, Zeus assimilated into mortal life along with certain other members of the Greek sect. Establishing his own company, Olympus Corp, Zeus began life anew as a successful businessman and corporation owner under the alias; Christopher Olympus. During his tenure as proprietor of the brand, his company grew to the status of a global franchise. Zeus uses this new found wealth to sponsor the endeavors of his fellow Immortals in their own earthly lives among mortals – for better or for worse.

As God of the Sky, Zeus has power over multiple aspects of the weather. He is able to summon and manipulate, White Lightning. This deviation from standard Lightning garners the user more control and precision, but what he gains in accuracy, he loses in raw power. Zeus is also able to create and/or summon thunderstorms.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Valiant
    Participant

How come I can’t post my images directly into the post? I suppose I’ll just submit it as an attachment for now :/

Valiant
    Participant

Third times a charm.

G’day all,

I suppose I should start by explaining The Immortals. They’re a pretty major part of my universe’s mythos so it makes sense to explain the concept of them first. Now just a disclaimer, I’m positive that similar concepts have been presented before but I hope that no one feels as if I’ve ripped them off with the idea behind these characters.

Anywho, let’s begin:

Immortals

Born simultaneously with the universe, Aeter, the first Immortal, is the universe and the universe is Aeter. Giving life to his fellow Immortals, (often referred to as Eternals or The Undying), he tasked them with bringing life and energy into the galaxy. Terra, an immortal of life and fertility, saw the earth and recognised its potential for growth. The Immortal created humans, a race of bipedal creatures in the visage of their creators.

Humans, recognising the power of the Immortals, viewed them as deities, gods, and as the Immortals inhabiting earth divided into sects, the people of earth formed religions, myths, and cultures around these beings. These sects became known as Pantheons, and cultures were established that formed the basis of humanities evolution.

In modern times, Immortals have been all but forgotten, the ancient traditions being replaced by new technologies and advancements. Some Immortals accept this, as species advance, things of the old must be replaced. Some Immortals do not take solace in this thought, wishing to be worshipped for eternity. It is the goal of one Immortal that sparks the conflict that will come to be known as the War of Immortals. As the battle rages, it currently concerns only one Immortal sect, however, if left unchecked, it may garner the attention of other Immortal groups, across the earth.

Zeus

• Current Alias: Christopher Olympus
    • Role: Neutral
    • Affiliation: Immortals, Greek Sect, Olympus Corp

Zeus ruled atop the mystical Mount Olympus peacefully as king of the Greek Immortals. That is, until Poseidon, his elder brother, challenged his rule. The two sides clashed in epic combat. It was said the cries of agony could be heard by mortals on the earth below. Their combat raged on until Poseidon was forced to retreat. Following the conflict, Zeus retired from his tenure as ruler of Olympus and allowed Chronos, the elder Immortal to take over.

After the war, Zeus assimilated into mortal life along with certain other members of the Greek sect. Establishing his own company, Olympus Corp, Zeus began life anew as a successful businessman and corporation owner under the alias; Christopher Olympus. During his tenure as proprietor of the brand, his company grew to the status of a global franchise. Zeus uses this new found wealth to sponsor the endeavors of his fellow Immortals in their own earthly lives among mortals – for better or for worse.

As God of the Sky, Zeus has power over multiple aspects of the weather. He is able to summon and manipulate, White Lightning. This deviation from standard Lightning garners the user more control and precision, but what he gains in accuracy, he loses in raw power. Zeus is also able to create and/or summon thunderstorms.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Valiant
    Participant

Whenever I tried to paste the image into the post directly (while hosting from a third-party site) the post would just disappear?

If anyone could help with this that would be amazing.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Valiant Can you run through step by step exactly what you are doing before the post disappears for me.I’ve managed to restore the original post, but it’d be nice to know what is happening so you don’t keep having this problem.

Cheers.

AsyriusPrime
    Participant

Hey JR,

so basically,

1. I’ll write the bio and whatever else I’m writing on the post

2. I’ll upload the image/s as an attachment

3. Ill copy the link from the image I previously uploaded to DeviantArt and use the “insert image” option from the top bar.

I then press submit and the page refreshes but the new post is no longer there :/

Valiant
    Participant

^ sorry I replied on my phone which was logged in to my other WordPress account. Geez I’m incompetent

Valiant
    Participant

I didn’t even realise this account was a thing until just now? Sorry for making this so difficult

Valiant
    Participant

If it’s easier, could you just delete the messages regarding the issue if/when you figure it out? Just to remove the clutter. If not then that’s all good, otherwise thanks!

JR19759
    Keymaster

What I would suggest for the time being is to not use the image from Deviantart and instead post with the attachment, like you did with the last post when it worked, then open the attachment in a new tab and edit the post to use that link. Copying from Deviantart isn’t all that reliable, although I’m not sure why it is sending the original post to forum spam. Try doing a new post using the method I’ve suggested and we’ll go from there if it doesn’t work.

Valiant
    Participant

Alrighty no worries. Thanks for that JR. I’ll post something when I’m done another character

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.