TWELVIAN CHRONICLES

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery TWELVIAN CHRONICLES

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 642 total)
  • Author

prswirve
    Participant

hehe thanks JR. I got inspired by your work and other’s. :)

prswirve
    Participant

inspired to draw this reading about celtic mythology…

celtic_god.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

“Oh, gosh; oh, gosh; oh, gosh! What did I get myself into? All I wanted to do was take a quick dip in the Lake of All Life!” W’ali k’Levar kept thinking the same thing over and over for the countless hours he has been in chains. In the tradition of his people, bathing in the Lake of All Life during the Ba’ah Ri’zah ceremony upon reaching one’s 13th cycle would unlock each individual’s hidden power. W’ali had so hoped to gain wings like his brothers, but could not wait for the ceremony. The Ir’illis had very strict traditions. That was because they had a very tenuous pact with their former enemies, the P’alatines. For hundreds of years, the P’alatines allowed the Ir’illis access to the Lake of All Life to carry out their tradition, though the lake was deep in P’alatine territory. Unique among the people of the planet Eid’an, Ir’illis have evolved to reproduce in cycles of 13, so that all of the children would be able to bathe in the Lake at the same time. The reasons behind the truce, as well as the cause of the 7 Century War prior to it, have long been forgotten. All that is known is what has been held to for all this time: At the start of the 13th cycle, The Grand Re’eb of the Ir’illis makes a formal request to the Head of the P’alatines to lead a Pilgrimage to the Lake of All Life to conduct the Ba’ah Ri’zah ceremony. The understanding is that any Ir’illis near the lake any other time are there at their own risk. Again, the whys and wherefores behind this are long forgotten. W’ali could not wait the few remaining months until his 13th cycle and took it upon himself to gain his powers early. Now, instead of W’ali k’Levar, grandson of the Grand Re’eb, he is just a nameless slave boy with the mark of the P’alatine branded upon his torso. “If only I got to the lake before they caught me!” W’ali hung his head and cried himself to sleep, wondering if he would ever see his family and home again. Just before sleep overtook him, W’ali thought he heard the beating of mighty wings in the air. “Could it be? My brothers are coming to save me….?” Here’s your backstory for the Slave Boy. Hope you like it!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Dude, I just saw Tuatha! That is hot!!! I wish I thought of that idea to shrink the bouquets and use them to cover the body when I made African Violet!

prswirve
    Participant

wow i really dig that backstory. would’ve taken me forever to come up with one. you even come up with the detail of giving a reason for that paw symbol on his body. brilliant. i’ll try my take to do one of his brothers sooner than later. BTW i’ve been working on taking a shot on your dark cherub. :)

prswirve
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Dude, I just saw Tuatha! That is hot!!! I wish I thought of that idea to shrink the bouquets and use them to cover the body when I made African Violet!

hmm.. you could always use that later when it comes in handy. you may also wanna try to use as clothing the feather earring. could be cool too, i think. :)

prswirve
    Participant

my take on WMDBASSPLAYER’s dark cherub… She’s supposed to be sitting up on top of a tomb stone but i got a lil’ tired to put backgrounds…

ddark_cherub-1.png

…and while thinking ’bout doing a queen guinevere fairy elf queen i did sir lancelot instead…

knight.png

prswirve
    Participant

Deathknight

deathknight.png

prswirve
    Participant

silhouette.png

Weilyn

Awesome Laugh

prswirve
    Participant

thanks weilyn!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks for the tips, and dude, your take on Dark Cherub is KILLER!!! It just occurred to me last night while struggling to clothe an angled body to just color the body as the clothes, instead of building the body, then clothing it. I’ll be experimenting with that today and I’m sure I’ll be using some of your tips. How did you get that spread leg pose on Dark Cherub? And again, glad you like the Slave Boy story. I really just make it all up as I go along, with very little changes. I did change the name of the Ir’illis because the original name sounded too much like Israelis and I didn’t want to offend anyone. I just gave a once over to correct spelling and grammar. My Mom was a teacher and that had a big influence on my writing ability, too! The detail of the paw print hit me just at the point when I mentioned it!

prswirve
    Participant

exactly.. changing the body color makes it appear spandex. :) another tip, you can mask clothing to the body so that it follows the body’s contour, then all you need to do is adjust and color.

regarding dark cherub’s spread leg, i figured out you’ll get it done by using HEADS.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I read Harlequin’s tips about that. It never occurred to me to reshape a body part and use it as a different body part. I’ll have to experiment with that. And I’m still having trouble with masking. So far I just lucked out the one time with the generic Amazon I did.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Death Knight is awesome.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 642 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.