Tiberius' Character Emporium

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Tiberius' Character Emporium

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

OK, I like the design, but one observation I would make is the “additional elements” seem very thrown together. By additional elements, I mean the costumes stuff that isn’t the spandex part, so the helmet, shoulder pads and robotic arms. The helmet and robotic arms work together, but are coloured differently, meaning the shoulder pads look slightly out of place with them, but they carry over with the spikes elsewhere on the costume (and again, they’re a different colour to the other two). My advise would be, darken the brown on the pads to match the costume and change the gold on the robot arms to match. Match the greys on all three plus the arms spikes (the helmet is a bit off here atm) and maybe add something like a tech insignia or another more techy shoulder pad underneath the current shoulder pads, so as to integrate them with the design a bit more.

Other than that, the pose is great, has a real sense of action which I like. I like the brown, grey and green colour-scheme (which is why I think you should change certain colours on certain items) and the minimal use of the vivid green means it really catches your eye and draws you to those parts. So, overall, great job, just a few tweaks and then it’s perfect.

Oh, just noticed another minor thing to tweak, maybe move the back right arm down a bit or making a tiny bit larger, because the position it is in at the moment means his shoulder isn’t attached to his body in any way.

JR19759
    Keymaster

OK, I like the design, but one observation I would make is the “additional elements” seem very thrown together. By additional elements, I mean the costumes stuff that isn’t the spandex part, so the helmet, shoulder pads and robotic arms. The helmet and robotic arms work together, but are coloured differently, meaning the shoulder pads look slightly out of place with them, but they carry over with the spikes elsewhere on the costume (and again, they’re a different colour to the other two). My advise would be, darken the brown on the pads to match the costume and change the gold on the robot arms to match. Match the greys on all three plus the arms spikes (the helmet is a bit off here atm) and maybe add something like a tech insignia or another more techy shoulder pad underneath the current shoulder pads, so as to integrate them with the design a bit more.

Other than that, the pose is great, has a real sense of action which I like. I like the brown, grey and green colour-scheme (which is why I think you should change certain colours on certain items) and the minimal use of the vivid green means it really catches your eye and draws you to those parts. So, overall, great job, just a few tweaks and then it’s perfect.

Oh, just noticed another minor thing to tweak, maybe move the back right arm down a bit or making a tiny bit larger, because the position it is in at the moment means his shoulder isn’t attached to his body in any way.

Tiberius

Ok, here is Arachnid with tweaks. I changed the color on the Pads and Helm (Darker). Changed the mechanical arms. I also moved his arm in a bit and made it slightly larger as I agree on it not looking like it was attached.

The only change I’m keeping here are the silver spikes on the Shoulder pads as they are not part of Arachnid’s real anatomy. (The slightly green ones are coming through his outfit).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Candruth

Looks even better with the tweaks. I love the pose and the design– and the shading is really well-done. Great work 😀

Vengeance
    Participant

Last two are great      the transformation on Quartz is very well thought out and  done,

JR19759
    Keymaster

Looks much better.

Trekkie
    Participant

The transformation effect on Quartz looks brilliant! Arachnid is great too- the pose is dynamic and the tweaked colour schemes works well

Tiberius

Thank you everyone for the compliments! You guys (and Gals) are great! JR, thank you for the help on the tweaking, it really means a lot to get help from what others can see and think.

Sometimes your looking for so long at a picture your making that things might be a little off and don’t stand out like it might otherwise. I try to let pictures sit for a while sometimes, but even that doesn’t always help, so thank you again for helping out!

c_hero
    Participant

You have awesome character creations. I like Hailia and Arachnid.

Tiberius

@ c hero – Thank you kindly!

Tiberius

Up next is a character who’s pose I used from HeroMachiner Rise, in the ‘Poses’ section.

As with most of my characters, this guy will eventually become ‘someone’ in our tabletop RPG supers game. For now I’m calling him MicroMan. He is able to shrink down to about a few inches tall. He has a few cybernetic enhancements (powers tbd) as well.

I feel this character could have a great power set and will be fun to play.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Excellent shading on the basketball and the left boot. Awesome costume as well, really slick and eye catching with some great colour usage.

Alex King
    Participant

Cool! The shading is awsome.

Tiberius

Thank you JR and Alex King for the compliments! The basketball was a fun prop to make and obviously helped to show him nearly shrunk down to maximum capacity.

Vengeance
    Participant

Great job all the way around , the basketball background big A+, Hero design is very good also

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.