Snowflake Method

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

prswirve
    Participant

Anybody familiar with the snowflake method of writing a novel/story? It is a method developed by Randy Ingermanson that helps writers organize their story creation into manageable steps. I am just curious if we could apply that method here and create a story wherein we all can participate and be a part of. So i am gonna hold a contest amongst you writers and artists basing it on the ten steps of the Snowflake Mehod Process. The winner will be announced after a week and the prize would be a character design, redesign, or pose request… :)

So here goes the first :

1. Write a one-sentence summary of your novel.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Blaine Arens, survivor of a failed terra-forming colony, and his co-pilot Idha Chengalasetty, rich girl continuing the family’s military tradition, try to prevent an interstellar war.

prswirve
    Participant

nice that’s a good start.. keep ’em coming guys. who knows we can make a great one…

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

PRS, not 100% clear on this. Do I add to Atomic Punk’s start or do I come up with my own novel summary?

prswirve
    Participant

ahhmm.. for this contest, you’ll have to write your own novel summary. the summary that i declared the winner would be the one to be used for the next contest. since there’s only one entry yet, i’ll have to extend the contest ’til there will be like 3 to 4 entries before i choose the winner. :)

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

OK, gotcha! Here’s mine: Lucifer, wishing to regain his former glory as the Lord’s favorite, decides on a modern approach and takes to cyberspace and social networking to convince Mankind that he was pushed and did not fall, and is NOT the source of all evil as he has been portrayed for millenia.

prswirve
    Participant

haha that’s crazy but an interesting summary..

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I’ve been called crazy, among other things, at least a couple of times in my life.Wink

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.