Scatman’s Pilots Of The Pheonix church

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Scatman’s Pilots Of The Pheonix church

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Scatman

This is where I will be posting characters from a steampunk/sci-fi style story I am working on called
    The Pilots Of The Pheonix Church
    I will post character bios and backrounds in the hopes that the story will come to light through them.
    Here is the first character/hero in the story,pilot of the
    Balloon WarshipThe Princess Cansianna
    CAPTAIN FLICKERS
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/scatman/2013/04/scatman-Captain-Flickers.png

Scatman

The second character in series is Captain Flickers best friend and zany sideckick Deadsey Mac.Leader of his small but vicious band of outcasts called the Dregs.He is best at coming to Flicker’s aid in the last minutes of doom to save him from immenent death.He is the comedian and clown of the bunch.The one thing they have most in common is their fierce loathing of the evil bloodsuckers the Bleeders.They are the reason for this feirce war between the Priests of Pheonix temple.
    DEADSEY MAC
    scatman-Deadsy-Mac.png

prswirve
    Participant

Man you’re too good at colors! Your characters look realistic. Are you customizing your own color palette?

CantDraw
    Participant

I know, those colors really pop. They make the details stand out more, especially the faces.

Scatman

ya know PR and CD (hope I may call you that),I tried the whole custom palette thing and it was just more trouble than it’s worth.What I try to do is use more uncommon colors when I can. I Use darker colors for the initial design and using the gradients as the brights to make them pop.I also notice at the end I always use pattern shading from patterns to make it look more realistic ,something I picked up from the amazing ams.And the final thing I did with these guys was used a dark gradient backround just behind the character to bring the whole design forward.So I hope I could help alittle with some of these ideas.Happy machining.I am really glad you guys enjoy them!Laugh

prswirve
    Participant

Yeah of course ams’ work is always amazing but you definitely got an equally awesome unique style of your own.

Scatman

Welcome the scum of the Earth,the parasites,the disease,the BLEEDERS.They since came from underground marking their new dawn, rising after 100 years of slumber,thirsty and yurning for their favorite nectar,BLOOD.The priests of the Pheonix Cheurch have waited for this moment for a century.Have they prepared for what only their fathers before them have only seen.Or was it going to be the most catastrophic event to occur not only in 100 years ,but in the history of planet Earth?
    The BLEEDERS.they are said to only be of royal blood,destroying anyone who was turned after giving birth only to an offspring a royal descent.
    Even though they are all royal and of kings,queens.princes and princesses,they have a order of authority and follow it to their dying day with no resentment.
    The Gaurd Dogs are usually female seeing as they are the most viscious of the bunch,not caring for any life other than the life of the Supreme Master and Countess…Kalial and his dear love and Queen Mordrid.
    First of the Bleeders
    The vicious
    GUARD DOG
    scatman-Bleeder-Guarddog.png

ams
    Participant

@prswirve said:

… you definitely got an equally awesome unique style of your own.

Yes, I agree. And for now on, you shall ever be the Spectacular Scatman!

Cheers!

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

I agree with AMS here: Spectacular Scatman is now decreed to be your name Laugh

CantDraw
    Participant

I third that!

livewyre1014
    Participant

Awesome!! The Spectacular Scatman knocks it right outta the park again!! Great character!!

Weilyn

Freaking spectacular! Surprised

Scatman

Ummm guys…I was not prepared for that!There are so many spectacular artists here!Thank you guys for making my saturday morning!It’s not being called spectacular that is as cool as who it is coming from!Winkthanx again!

Scatman

Here he is !The Grand Devourer himself..
    KING KILIAL
    scatman-King-Kilial-2.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    My head has just exploded due to the awesomeness above.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.