Power User Profiles Discussion

Home Forums The Pub Power User Profiles Discussion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Back when I first started actually paying attention to the home page of heromachine, checking out the contests etc and not just using the character creator, there was this bit called the ‘Power User Profiles’ where the best machinists were singled out and we got to know a bit more about them via a sixty-minutes style questionnaire. I’m sure many of you are aware of it, especially as quite a few people on here have had their own profiles featured. However this no longer seems to be a feature that is done, and I don’t see why. I can think of a few people on the forum here that deserve singling out. I mentioned to Jeff on the HM facebook page about bringing it back a few weeks ago, but nothing has happened since, so I thought I’d bring the discussion on here. Do you think it is a good idea to bring the PUPs back? And if you do, who do you think should be featured?
    Just a few rules. Don’t nominate yourself (not that anyone would.) And please check the list below so you don’t end up nominating someone who has already been (very deservingly) featured.

List of previously featured Power Users
    DJuby
    Tool
    WillyPete
    Gene
    Headlessgeneral
    Asder
    Tarkabarka/ Harlequin
    McKnight57
    Kaylin88100
    Jessica
    Kytana
    Cliff
    Zyp
    Anarchangel
    Scorpidius
    Vampyrist
    Sutter Kaine
    Frevoli
    Watson Bradshaw
    Worf
    SeanDavidRoss
    Logosgal
    Lime
    MartianBlue
    SpiderCow2010
    X-Stacy
    AMS
    Ian T. Healy
    dblade
    Atomic Punk
    Panner
    Papakrok
    Myro
    Blue Blazer
    Mark
    Me, Myself And I
    DiCicatriz
    Imp
    Kaldath
    Hammerknight

Hammerknight
    Participant

Jeff is so busy with his job now days, that he had to let somethings go. If he had the time I’m sure he would of continued it.

JR19759
    Keymaster

I realise that, and I apologise if I came across as rude in my original pose.
    What I was thinking was doing something like a rotor where a new Profile is added once a month instead of doing another thing like the Sharing day or something, then it doesn’t add anymore work and we still get two great features.
    I brought the subject up because I have been going through some other profile on here and it amazes me the quality of work that hasn’t been entered into contests and therefore not got exposure on the main page (just look at the Top Posters bit at the bottom of the page for a kick off, all 6 have an amazing body of work, but 3 weren’t featured in the PUP’s).

Worf
    Participant

I think Jeff had two problems with continuing the PUPs.
    1) was coming up with names to ask, and…
    2) actually getting answers back from people.

Some people just don’t answer and others don’t want to do it…. Otherwise. if you can get worthy people to fill out the questionnaire, I’m pretty sure that Jeff would put it up on the site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.