PLANET AMS

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery PLANET AMS

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,904 total)
  • Author

ams
    Participant

Thanks, dudes!

Hoping Dorothy will be appearing soon…..

hawk007
    Participant

How long does it usually take to make a character?

Nug
    Participant

@hawk007 said:

Interesting question… AMS seems to have shading and posing both down to a science, so I imagine not too long. Lets place bets shall we? I’m guessing the scarecrow one took a grand total of Ohhhh… 3 hours.

hawk007
    Participant

@Nug said:

@hawk007 said:

Interesting question… AMS seems to have shading and posing both down to a science, so I imagine not too long. Lets place bets shall we? I’m guessing the scarecrow one took a grand total of Ohhhh… 3 hours.

I’d probably guess, maybe 4 hours?

Suleman
    Participant

I think you guys might be underestimating a bit. Finding the right pose and pieces for these kinds of designs is not easy. Of course, it probably varies a bit based on the design.

hawk007
    Participant

@Suleman said:

I think you guys might be underestimating a bit. Finding the right pose and pieces for these kinds of designs is not easy. Of course, it probably varies a bit based on the design.

I’d say it probably takes as long as I said to make a character. But it probably takes him a good amount to time to actually figure out the design first.

ams
    Participant

I’d say maybe 3 to 4 hours to complete an image, but I don’t do it in one session. I’m a picky person when it comes to my own pics and it’s probably not the greatest thing. I can get hung up on little details where I have to walk away an come back later to complete. Right now I find myself hesitant to start anything because of the time I know it will take me to finish. Take example, I want to create a “Dorothy” character to complete my little OZ concept that I had begun. I think I have sat down to start it about 10 times but never really got anything down. When I first discovered Heromachine, I was cranking out concepts frequently and having a blast. I have many characters under my belt and it just seems hard to get a fresh new concept out. I suffer from ” ANALYSIS PARALAYSIS”!!!

Anarchangel
    Participant

I feel like you pretty much just described me, ams. I’m exactly the same way.

Nug
    Participant

^ Likewise. I find the piece comes out better if you hit at it for awhile then walk away from it.

FRM

ditto

Herr D
    Participant

I . . . can’t work uninterrupted. My life doesn’t allow that currently. I wonder if a lack of interruptions would help my idea backlog stop growing out of control?

Lightningsword
    Participant

@FRM said:

ditto

Same.

ams
    Participant

Finally sat down and finished the last character(s) in my OZ series.

Officer Dorothy Gale has been through the most fantastic adventure in anyone life time. In her travels she has meet wondrous and magical people that have truly change and influenced her life. Now in her adult life, she tries to uphold the essence of her 3 companions (brains, heart and courage) and use them to bring balance in her job in law enforcement. One day, she rediscovers the glowing ruby slippers that had transported her to OZ and places them on her feet again. With her faithful dog, Munchy, Dorothy is instantly transported back to the yellow brick road only to discover that another dark shadow has fallen on OZ. When searching for her friends that brought back order to this fabled place once before, she finds 3 souls that have lost their way from the gifts they received long ago. Scarecrow, who now wonders the country side as a recluse, is so intelligent he is now withdrawn into himself. The Tin Man whose heart is so big is now overprotective an unable to love for the fear it will be broken. And lastly, the Lion, fearless and reckless. He cannot pass on any challenge and has truly turned wild.

Now it is up to Dorothy to bring her friends back together and show them their downfalls so they can find what has turned this extraordinary place into chaos once again.
    OFFICER-DOROTHY-GALE-Munchy.PNG

So this is the story that had been floating in my head for a sequel to The Wizard of Oz. Feels good to finally get it out.

Cheers!

livewyre1014
    Participant

I love any design with a dog…and any design you do as a general rule…so two thumbs up here. Nice work.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Love the shoe effect

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,904 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.