Pattern complication

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dionne Jinn

When using multiple patterns (from pattern tab, not the item category) there is a tendency to the whole program slow down seriously, so much so that working on the picture become difficult. Is there anything that can be done to help it?

Myro
    Participant

Not really. This problem is pretty universal. The only suggestion is to wait and try to pattern everything last.

Harlekin

Yeap the same problem here. More than 3 pattern and the program so slow. That is the reason to now i don’t use patterns.

Dionne Jinn

I usually try and add the patterns last (even keep turning them on and off when working). I was thinking more if there was something in the program itself that causes it, and that might be fixed.

Hammerknight
    Participant

I think that Jeff has worked on it before, but it still slows things down. Like others have said it is best to wait to pattern last. You can also mask patterns from the item category and some times get a better effect.

Dionne Jinn

Unfortunately all the patterns in the tab are not available in the items. More than half from the first line of tab patterns (1st, 2nd, 4th, and 6th for example) are missing as items, as are several of the others, like the fur effect and some others.

EDIT: the fur effect actually was there, but doesn’t look the same, really.

Hammerknight
    Participant

I’ll talk to Jeff about it.

Hammerknight
    Participant

Okay, the patterns and masking are what slows everything down, because of the patterns size. Jeff said that masking anything will slow down the program and that there is really nothing he can do about it. He said that the best thing to do is to save the character first then mask the patterns, so that you don’t lose the character.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.