Luc’s Big Pile of Redesigns

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges Luc’s Big Pile of Redesigns

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Luc

Well… Deadline for this is tommorrow and it seems nobody’s taken a crack at it. Ah well…

Blue Blazer
    Participant

The original is already awesome, man. I don’t know that it has room for improvement.

Ah, I was gonna give this a go but don’t think I will have the time. Don’t think I would have changed much though, I agree with Blue Blazer, the original look is pretty spot on for the character. I will say that I like the first mask better than the one you have on the remake.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

What I’m doing in my redesign thread is taking older characters I made within the first couple of weeks after HM3 was released, with there was limited posing, items, etc. I suggest you do the same.

Luc

Fair enough, guess I’ll scan through my old thread and folders to find a character in much more dire need of some polishing. There’s bound to be dozens of them.

Luc

Alrighty, since Geek seems to be awesome enough how he is, lets try for some redesigns of a much, much more out-dated character, from back in the days when the only female body type available was under the “zombies” category.

Cargirl
    http://forums.ugo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60526&d=1247286760

The concept here is simple, a small-time villainess who steals cars in order to build weapons and armour out of their spare parts. No restrictions on this one, just take that basic concept and start runnin’. The deadline will once again be Friday, so a full week to work on this one.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

I’ve got something in the works. Cool character.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Cargirl – Perfect opportunity to use the car parts body; also, the eyes are an attempt to replicate headlights. Not sure if it was successful.

cargirl.PNG

Luc

Well, it’s Friday. Anyone want to swoop in with some last minute entries to give Blue some competition, or is he gunna win this one by default?

Prof.Anthrax

I think it works fine.

@Blue Blazer said:

Cargirl – Perfect opportunity to use the car parts body; also, the eyes are an attempt to replicate headlights. Not sure if it was successful.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/blue-blazer/2012/11/cargirl.PNG

Luc

I guess we can technically say Blue wins this one in a landslide victory! Think I’m gunna give this one more try, with a whole variety of choices for you guys to redesign if you feel so inclined. Deadline is gunna be Sunday this time to make up for it being a bit late with this.

Brain Claw
    Brain-Claw.PNG

After losing both arms in a tragic accident and unable to afford any alternatives, he sought the help of a particular evil genius to save him. He ended up getting a little more than he bargained for, as he instead just received cybernetic implants on his body that allowed him to create psychic projections of deadly clawed hands, and now has to repay his debt as one of the mad scientist’s many evil henchmen.

Only restriction is just a lack of arms and some representation of the psychic claws.

Pin Cushion
    Pin-Cushion.PNG

A strange sort of golem sewn together from bits of old cloth, the creature is essentially a living voodoo doll, able to inflict harm upon its enemies by hurting itself instead.

No restrictions for this one, just stick to the concept above. A non-standard body type is preferable though.

Road Block
    Road-Block.PNG

A hulking behemoth made entirely out of concrete, Road Block is often known as “The Unmovable Object” because once he plants his feet down, it’s impossible to make him budge an inch.

Restrictions are just keep the colour scheme and the emblem somewhere on his costume.

Squidhead
    Squidhead.PNG

A strange creature that seems to have crossed over from another dimension, these creatures look like ordinary squids or octopi, but if one is able to get on your head it will devour your skull and latch onto your neck stump to replace your head. The creature then links its nervous system with yours, to animate your lifeless corpse as a body of its own.

Only restriction is to use the squid companion instead of a character’s head.

Video
    Video.PNG

An inventor and a bit of a film geek, Video has managed to create a weapon that allows him to rip holes between fiction and reality, allowing him to cross over into fictional worlds, or call upon objects and characters from various works of fiction. He tries to use this weapon for good, but occasionally the temptation to cause mischief with such a power gets too strong.

Restrictions are just keep the colour scheme, and if you can (Though it’s not required), try to show the weapon’s ability somehow. Just avoid showing any copyrighted material if you do.

Luc

No entries for this one either, huh?

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

I’ve tried my hand at re-designs, and whilst they are fun they are a little more restricting than a simple category contest; like ‘make an electricity based hero’, ‘make a robot’ or ‘create a christmas pic’. I would love to give pin cushion a go though, in the shape of a voodoo doll or something…

Luc

Go for it, it’d be cool to see what somebody comes up with at least.

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

I would, but i have a backlog of my own characters to finish, plus i have course work from the real world to finish. I may get around to it one day but i fear it’ll be too late for this competition *sob*

Smile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.