lost picture posts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

qwerty1971
    Participant

i posted a picture on november 14th of a villain on my art gallery page titled “qwerty’s ISF” and since then have posted four additional pictures with stories. whenever i check my gallery page when not logged in none of the new pictures appear on the page. whenever i log in the pictures appear. is that a bug? if not, how do i resolve this issue? many thanks in advance.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

I am not at home at the moment but when I get home, I will email Jeff and let him know of the problem

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Ok, Just got home about 20 minutes ago, am settled in and am looking into the problem. I will let Jeff know that something is wrong but if you can give me the name/file name of the pictures you are having an issue with so that I can check to see if I can see them when I look at your page that will be a help.

qwerty1971
    Participant

I came to the site unlogged in today and I did not see the four pictures I posted earlier nor this post addressing the problem. When I logged in it is all present. this is the link to the page-
    http://www.heromachine.com/forum/the-heromachine-art-gallery/qwertys-isf/page-9/
    the missing pics names are
    golden-ram.png
    kinslayer.png
    yaoguai.png
    rain-king.png

many thanks

Kaldath
    Keymaster

ok, I have viewed the forums logged and and logged out as a guest and I can confirm that it appears that Guests can not see any posts made after November 15th. I have reported this to Jeff and hopefully he can get to the bottom of it soon. If anyone would like to help out and see if this holds true for them please do, and let me know what operating system and browser you are using, Thank you!

qwerty1971
    Participant

windows 7 and google chrome.

AFDStudios
    Keymaster

I’m stumped. I tried changing permissions and such but it doesn’t seem to be helping. I went ahead and coughed up the $100 for “Gold Membership” on the Simple:Press forums, which seems weird — make your forums barf, then make people pay to get access to help to fix them! — and requested help. We’ll see.

At least the files are all there, it’s just that Guests can’t see them. Hopefully I’ll get it sorted soon.

qwerty1971
    Participant

OK. I am not very tech savvy and if I cannot get it to work with a few smacks I usually go get a new one. Sucks that guests cannot see the new posts. I wonder if this is happening to anyone else or am I just techno-cursed?

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@qwerty1971 said:

OK. I am not very tech savvy and if I cannot get it to work with a few smacks I usually go get a new one. Sucks that guests cannot see the new posts. I wonder if this is happening to anyone else or am I just techno-cursed?

No, it is forum wide .. I just didn’t notice it until you drew it to my attention as I almost never no signed in before I begin browsing the forum. If not already signed in when I get on the forums it is the first thing I do. So the only time I look around as a guest is when I suspect something is wrong.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

It appears that Jeff has got the problem fixed now. If anyone notices anything else acting funny on the forum or on the site itself please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.