let’s make a deck of playing cards!

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges let’s make a deck of playing cards!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Lime
    Participant

I searched to make sure we hadn’t done this before, but if I somehow missed it and we have, my apologies.

So several years ago, a friend of a friend recruited several people to illustrate, in whatever fashion they wished, randomly assigned standard playing cards. It was long enough ago that the finished project is no longer available to view (or at least I can’t find it), and that’s a shame, because it was pretty awesome. But I was assigned the Nine of Spades and the Two of Diamonds. As you can see, I used completely different styles and themes for each.

I thought it would be fun to do a HeroMachine-style version of this project. Send me a PM, (rather than posting your request in this thread, please) and I will use a random generator to assign you a card. Interpret your card any way that you like, as long as it is in keeping with standard HM guidelines for content and copyright.

Probably some people will need to do more than one card if we are to complete all 52. Let’s wait several days to give everyone interested a chance to participate, and then I’ll put out a call for people who’d like to do another to put in another request.

Keric
    Participant

I have done this challenge myself around Christmas time last year, each suit had it’s own quazi theme!
    While it was hard at times, It was fun, here is the link:
    http://s1162.photobucket.com/user/kjell17/library/Character%20Deck

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Mine was the Three of Spades. In Cartonomy, this card symbolizes a personal betrayal.

AtomicPunk-3ofSpades.png

djuby
    Participant

What did you use as the card outline? It’s great and I would like to use it for consistency’s sake.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Background > Word Balloons > “Row 3, Column 4”
    Size to 240×480

Export as “widescreen” or save a screen capture. If you try to export as “character,” HeroMachine does the famous “jump to the left.”

Download AtomicPunk-PlayingCard.txt

djuby
    Participant

Thanks

Lime
    Participant

It matches nicely, but the idea was to have a card randomly assigned to you. Otherwise everyone just wants to do face cards, aces, and joker. If you’d like me to assign you a random card, send me a PM.

Nug
    Participant

Oh, my bad! I have a bad habit of not reading. :P I’ll take it down.

Nug
    Participant

Let me try this again…
    Ace of Hearts
    AceofHearts.PNG

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.