JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Scatman said:

man,that looks bada$$!awesome darks and shades!

Thanks Scatman. Hopefully you’ll like this one too, as your redesign of the character inspired this version.

(There’s over 300 layers on this one character, about 250 of which is shading).

Psychosis

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/006/8/c/psychosis_reboot_by_jr19759-d5qnl1q.png

A criminal illusionist, who uses hallucinogenic gases and mind tricks to trap his victims inside their own heads. His true identity is unknown, due the fact he has never been caught, despite Swan-songs best efforts.

Those last two are both incredibly awesome, but I especially like Swan Song. I’m nominating him for Hero of the Month.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@headlessgeneral said:

Those last two are both incredibly awesome, but I especially like Swan Song. I’m nominating him for Hero of the Month.

Thanks. I’ll admit, I’ve been going through your gallery and looking at how you shade and trying to do similar stuff, so I’m glad you like it. As for the HOTM nomination……..CoolLaugh

JR19759
    Keymaster

Before I go on with the Swan-Song redesigns, anyone fancy a game?
    Heromachine-Top-Trumps.png

I might make these at some point, though I may need some help with the category scores.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Back to Swan-Song stuff.

A Mur

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/007/5/e/a_mur_reboot_by_jr19759-d5qq3ws.png

Born to a poor family in one of Emerson’s most deprived areas, this giant of a man turned his sights on those who ruined the lives of his family. Trained in most forms of combat, he is much like Swan-song. Unlike Swan-song though, he does not care who he hurts along the way.

Suleman
    Participant

Hah. That Trump Cards idea seems interesting. I’d like to see what you have in mind for them.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Suleman said:

Hah. That Trump Cards idea seems interesting. I’d like to see what you have in mind for them.

Currently I’m thinking of doing cards for 30 of the top creators (the correct number for a top trumps pack), not finalised the list yet, but you can probably guess most of the current list. I need a bit of help on the categories though. I’m thinking that they should be things like Originality (so use of items in unusual and original ways), Style (how identifiable their style is, if you can tell its their work without being told beforehand), Design (how well thought out their designs are, not really sure about this one so it may need changing), Contest Wins- Blog & Contest Wins- Forum (the number of times they have won a contest on the main blog and on the forum (separate categories), I’d need to ask around on the first one because I don’t think the earliest contests are still on the blog) and Forum Posts (self-explanatory). The first 3 would be out of 10, the rest are just whatever number is thrown up by my ‘research’.

If anyone else wants to get involved, suggesting creators to do/ category changes, making the cards/ coming up with the scores (if you are going to do this, don’t do one for yourself); it would be most welcome.

The current list of creators I’d be making cards for are
    1) Hammerknight
    2) Kaldath
    3) dblade
    4) Vampyrist
    5) Kaylinn88100
    6) Scatman
    7) Myro
    8) FRM
    9) djuby
    10) Harlequin
    11) AMS
    12) headlessgeneral
    13) NHA247
    14) MisterDinoMan
    15) Livewyre1014
    16) Blue Blazer
    17) Atomic Punk
    18) Moognation
    19) DiCicatriz

Obviously not the full list yet, so suggestions are welcome.

Hammerknight
    Participant

I have card templates that I have made if you need them.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Hammerknight said:

I have card templates that I have made if you need them.

I’ve made my own but they are looking a bit plain. Are these the ones that you’ve been putting up on the blog? PM them to me.
    I’m keeping my custom card back though.

Scatman

I love Psychosis!!I am pretty honored that you dug my version enough to be inspired but ,in all reality you took it to an all new level!!Awesome is all I can say!

Scatman

I’m not too familiar with the whole card thing but ,would it be images and value and if so that persons image?ect Also I know alot of really good machinists who don’t enter contests on a consistant basis.So I don’t know how that would factor in..I really don’t know…but if I can help in anyway let me know.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Scatman said:

I’m not too familiar with the whole card thing but ,would it be images and value and if so that persons image?ect Also I know alot of really good machinists who don’t enter contests on a consistant basis.So I don’t know how that would factor in..I really don’t know…but if I can help in anyway let me know.

Here’s the current card base, so hopefully it’ll make things a bit clearer
    Card-Base.png

I’m basically going around the forum and looking at peoples work and giving them a score out of 10 for the first three categories, although I’m still not sure about the third one, for the overall work on their thread. For example, dblade would score highly on the first category, because he always uses items in ways that no-one else ever has or will, where as I would only get a middling score because I mostly use items normally.

I know that a lot of good machinists don’t enter contests regularly, but that is the point. It stops there being any ‘God’ cards, that are unbeatable (although at the moment it looks like djuby and AMS may be heading that way).

If you want to help, can you make some suggestions as to some forum members who you think should be added and start thinking up some scores for the first three categories for people on the above list. PM me anything you come up with.

I’m adding Barbario, Iscarioto and Trekkie to the list, so I only need 8 more.

And thanks for the complement on Psychosis.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Well, djuby and AMS would both be beatable on Forum Posts, at least. That’s the one I’m likely to score highest at. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Looks good so far – but what are you going to do about the logos?

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Kaylin88100 said:

Well, djuby and AMS would both be beatable on Forum Posts, at least. That’s the one I’m likely to score highest at. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Looks good so far – but what are you going to do about the logos?

True there. No idea what I’m going to do about the logos, I can remember seeing a logo that MisterDinoMan had so I was thinking along those lines, but I might not include them on the final cards, unless people are willing to make them.

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

you haven’t added yourself to the list Smile
    Or is that a given lol

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.