JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,996 through 2,010 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Name: Lauren Keiler
    Birthday: April 7th
    Height: 5.4ft/ 1.67m (Standing)
    Personality: Optimistic, Honest, Open To New Experiances, Compassionate, Good Listener, Patient
    Likes: Being Active, Dancing, Anime/Manga, Trying New Things, Sushi, Chinese Food
    Dislikes: Close-Minded People, Places With No Wheelchair Access, Having Her Legs Touched

Extra Facts:
    -Lauren was left wheelchair bound after she was hit by a drunk driver on her 19th birthday. The crash left her with damage to her L1-L5 vertebrae as well as a severely fractured pelvis and varying levels of temporary and permenant damage done to her legs. She isn’t paralyzed, but her lower body motor functions are highly impared. She could technically walk, with the aid of crutches and with someone around to help her, but the amount of effort she has to go through to make even a couple of steps makes a wheelchair her prefered way of getting around. The accident also left her dealing with a nasty bout of depression which she only really started to overcome when she discovered wheelchair sports and her current job.
    -Lauren, being a massive weeb, loves going to anime and gaming conventions. She goes to any she can get time off to go to (sometimes she’ll take one of the other girls too, if they aren’t busy). She has always wanted to go to a convention in cosplay, but buying costumes is expensive (especially when you’re going to conventions on her salary) and she cannot sew to save her life, so making her own costumes is out of the question.
    -Lauren is bi and actually kinda has a crush on Sarah. She realised this when she lived with Sarah. Because the house didn’t have a ground floor bedroom, Sarah would sometimes carry Lauren up the stairs. At first Lauren was a bit uncomfortable and a little resentful having someone else assist her in doing something so trivial, but those feelings were soon replaced by  confusion of how much she was enjoying the experiance. After a while, she stopped fighting it althogether, but Sarah, being Sarah, never noticed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Name: Trinity Foster
    Birthday: 28th June
    Height: 5.7ft/ 1.73m
    Occupation: Contracts and Rights Assistant (Literary Publishing)
    Personality: Shy, Reserved, Inquisitive, Mainly Chill But Very Passionate About Things That Are Important To Her
    Likes: Fantasy & Sci-Fi, Reading, Video Games, Drawing, Heavy Music (Metal/Goth/Emo/Hardcore)
    Dislikes: Really Sweet Food, Horror Movies, Bigots (obvs)

Extra Facts:
    -Trinity is really, really into Fantasy. Books, games, films, you name it, if it’s fantasy, she likes it. Her favourite games of all time are Skyrim and the Dark Souls series (yes, even DS2), and she is a big Tolkien nerd. She also loves DnD. She even managed to get Lili and Lauren into it, then one thing led to another, Danni and Sarah got dragged in (in Danni’s case literally. I don’t think any of the girls could drag Sarah if they tried) and now Trinity hoasts a DnD evening every Thursday at her house.
    -Trinity has a younger sister called Maisie, who is deaf. As such, Trinity learnt sign language from a very young age. She is very close with her sister and Maisie was actually the first person Trinity came out to. It was only through Maisie’s support that Trinity found the strength to come out to her parents and Maisie was excellent emotional support throughout Trinity’s transition.
    -Trinity used to be in a band in school. They were a metal band and she was the singer. Unfortunately, they didn’t get far, their style of music wasn’t exactly very popular around the school and Trinity never felt comfotable performing in front of all of the teachers and students, because she was afraid people would laugh at her. She looks back on this period of her life with some embaressment now, both because it was before she tranistioned and because, well, they were pretty rubbish.

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

Great fashion!  Love the skeleton T-shirt.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@AMS- Cheers dude.

JR19759
    Keymaster

You know how I mentioned that the girls play D&D. Yeah, that idea got way too stuck in my head for this not to happen. So, these are the characters they all tend to play (also, this is going to be the only time I’m ever going to portray Lauren standing, because this is obviously a fantasy setting within the canon). Lili plays an Elf Ranger, Danni plays a Human Cleric (she had absolutely no idea what she was doing when creating her character, so Lili and Trinity essentially made the character for her), Sarah plays a Human Paladin, Lauren plays a half-elf bard (and is the player most likely to try and ruin the game for the DM) and Trinity usually DM’s (otherwise it’s Lili) but when she doesn’t she plays a Tiefling Sorcerer. Lili was also the one who designed the characters costumes.

Note: I had to custom build so much for this. Lili’s quiver, Danni’s shield, Sarah’s sword (I’m pretty proud of that one) and the clasps on Trinity’s top (which took ages), plus getting Lili to hold the bow right was a pain.
    Oh and in case it wasn’t obvious, I don’t know the first thing about D&D, never played it, so I just went onto the D&D guide and read enough to roughly guess what would make sense. If I ever get round to doing more Lili and Danni stories, lose my mind and decide to write one of these games as a story I’m gonna need a LOT of help.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Yeah, I dunno either. Just felt fancy. Turns out doing a dress for a character in a wheelchair is a pain in the ass. That’s the main take away from this.

Also, which costume do people prefer for each character? I’m pretty sure of which I prefer on one character (Sarah in a suit tho…. I mean, it just looks good), but the others it’s a toss up really.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Well, I mentioned her in Trinity’s bio, so here she is, Trinity’s younger sister Maisie. As mentioned previously, Maisie is hard of hearing, for all intents and purposes she is deaf. Though she does have hearing aids that help her, she will never be able to hear in the same way that someone with normally functioning ears would. But moving past that, Maisie is an incredibly upbeat person, she is very genuine and wears her heart on her sleeve most of the time. It’s very easy to tell how Maisie is feeling, she doesn’t hide her emotions very well at all, but she’s also very good at telling how other people are feeling and if people are lying. Because she can’t hear peoples voices, she picks up non-verbal cues much quicker than most other people. She can also speak in sign language at approximately a million miles an hour, even Trinity has trouble keeping up with her sometimes, which doesn’t help if Trinity is having to translate for someone who can’t read sign language.
    Also, Maisie has, let’s say, dubious fashion sense. When Trinity first started to transition, she went out shopping with Maisie to get some more feminine clothes. As one might expect, Maisie’s choices were appauling and didn’t get picked at all.
    Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

I mean, why not right?

Not particularly happy with the squat lift one, her legs are way too big and she doesn’t look entirely balanced right, but I was trying something different, can’t expect it to work out perfectly every time.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Anyway, moving away from Lili and Danni stuff and back to the SRC.

Last year I posted this character (who you can find on page 121 of my gallery) as a secondary character for the SRC. Well, as I’ve revamped the SRC since then, I thought I’d revamp her as well (well, revamp her beast form, because I wasn’t all that happy with it, her human form didn’t need any changes, other than a costume update). I thought I’d also take the chance to introduce her younger siblings as well, as I mentioned her family (most notably her brother, pictured here) in passing last time out.

Cameron Harvey

Keegan Harvey

Rowan Harvey

The Harvey family are known for their shapeshifting ability. Each member of the Harvey family is able to take on some of animalian alternate form (known as a anima), each family members form being unique to them, only sharing certain noticable simularities, which include their horns, white fur and blue eyes (the later of which carry over from their human forms and their hair is white in human form also). It is unknown how her family gained their unusual ability, but family lore claims that the ability stretches back over 10 generations, possibly further, meaning that if the ability isn’t natural, it is most likely down to magic. What we do know is that when in their anima form, their strength, reflexes, endurance, speed and senses are increased in accordance to the abilities of the animals that their anima has traits of (so an anima with traits of a bull would have greater strength than an anima with traits of a wolf, for example), whilst also gaining a notable resistance to magic (making the magic origin theory more plausable). It is also interesting that, without fail, the female members of the family always have larger anima than the male members and, in fact, the family does tend to have mainly female children (whether this is connected to their abilites or is an entirely unconnected coincidence is another unknown).

The family are generally neutral, prefering to keep to themselves and stay out of trouble. Some of the younger generations have been known to get noticed by authorities however, especially the children of Landon Harvey. This trio consists of the eldest; Cameron (whose anima takes on traits of a bear and a wolverine), Keegan (whose anima is primate-like in many of its traits), the middle child, and the youngest; Rowan (whose anima has many traits of various big cats, most notably a lion). Cameron and Keegan always had a typical brother-sister relationship, they would annoy each other, get into fights, be ultra competitive, you know, sibling stuff. Keegan has always been self-concious that his anima is smaller than either of his sisters (even though this is true for any male member of the family) and Cameron doesn’t ever let an opportunity pass to remind him of the fact. Keegan often tries to make up for his self-percieved shortcomings by being reckless (he has transformed whilst drunk before, which will invariably cause a panic if he does it in public), an it’s often down to his sisters to reign him in. Rowan never gets involved in her siblings squabbling and usually puts an end to things if they both get too out of hand (despite being the youngest, Rowan has the largest anima of the three and is almost as strong as Cameron and quicker than either).

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

A legendary hunter of the supernatural around 200 years ago, at a time when a great scourge of creatures plagued humanity, Evangaline Gascoigne was the innovator of many hunting techniques still used to this day. The first woman to earn recognition for her hunting prowess, she forced her peers to respect her skill, even in a time when women joining hunts was not just frowned upon but actively laughed at. Her ferocity when hunting made her feared, even by her compatriots, and she refused to give up hunting even after she lost use of her left arm from a particularly vicious fight with a beast. However, it is not just her skill and temprement that made Evangaline a legend. Much like all good legends, there is a mystery. Evangaline Gascoigne disappeared one night , when out on a hunt. Nobody knows what happened to her. Some speculate that she finally met her match, but the fact that the scourge died down after her disappearance led others to say that she found out where the beasts where coming from and is still there, holding back the tide.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Born with metallic skin, Chelsea Hyde is essentially invulnerable. Her skin can’t be scratched or pierced, though it can be dented (however, it takes an enormous amount of force to do so, in everyday life nothing short of a car crash could hurt her). However, despite her superpowers, Chelsea just wants to live a normal life, well, as normal as a girl with metal skin can live anyway. Problem is, superhero stuff just seems to keep happening around her.

Also, I’ve done a few variations of this character. If people could let me know which one they prefer, that’d be great. Cheers.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ever since ancient times, the high priest of Amun, Amenemhet, has watched over the Amulet of Divine Power. The amulet (which takes the shape of an Ankh, the symbol of life) bestows its wearer with the powers of Amun himself and transforms them into their ideal form, so they can better fight back the forces of evil. For over 4000 years Amenemhet has guarded and passed down the amulet, granting it to one whom is deemed worthy. The current wearer of the amulet is Kiera Mccarthy. She met Amenemhet when she was still living as a man, but was transformed into her ideal female self upon wearing the amulet. Never having chosen a female champion before, Amenemhet gave her the name of Amunet, after Amun’s female counterpart. However, the amulet cannot be used indefinately, it has a limited amount of power and has to recharge after a certain length of use. The plus side for Kiera is that, after each use, she transforms back to find her normal self becoming slightly more female. She just has to make sure that she can survive the wrath of Suetekh long enough to complete her transition.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Your recent stuff has been great! For Chelsea, I prefer the silver skin, gold hair.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Vampyrist- Cheers dude.

Anyway, more Amunet stuff.

LtR

Angella “Angie” Peterson: Angie was Kiera’s girlfriend before Kiera became Amunet. Technically they haven’t broken up or anything, it’s just Angie is coming to terms with everything that’s happening. I mean, it’s not everyday that you partner both comes out as trans and becomes a magical-girl-esque superhero empowered by an ancient Egyptian god, it’s a lot to take in. She does support Kiera in her transition, but she sometimes feeling a bit like she was left out of the equation somewhat (not that those feelings make her feel any better, it just makes her feel horrible and selfish). Outside of her relationship with Kiera, Angie is a great lover of photography, she can often be found with a camera just taking pictures of anything that catches her eye. She hopes one day to be able to take it to a professional level and, maybe, have her photos displayed in a big art gallery.

Amenemhet: The ancient Egyptian priest who bestowed the Amulet of Divine Power on Kiera, facilitating her transformation into Amunet and the start of her transition, Amenemhet has been alive for 4 and a half millenia at least. Amenemhet was once just a normal priest of the god Amun in ancient Waset (better known as Thebes), however, a war broke out between the gods and the primordial evil. Though the gods were victorious and the evil sealed away, it was a costly victory. Amun was gravely injured and, in order to safeguard the world should the evil return, he bound his power to the Amulet and bade Amenemhet watch over it and chose his successor. Amenemhet has performed this duty countless times, each champion only being able to seal away the evil when it arises at the cost of their own life, much like Amun. However, despite his long life and seeing many people that he had come to know die, Amenemhet remains focused on his duty. Besides, immortality does have its perks. He’s been to basically every country on Earth at least twice, he’s seen technology and fashion change and evolve and he’s a big fan of trying new things, especially food and drink. He’s more impressed if someone can show him a food that he’s never tried than with any exploit any of his chosen heroes have ever performed.

Suetekh: The primordial evil, god of war, storms and chaos, brother and murderer of Osiris God Of Death, instigator of confusion and the destroyer. Suetekh goes by many names, Set and Seth being the most well known, and his jealousy and rage know no equal. A schemer, he has always desired power, but all he can do is destroy. Once, there may have been some good in him, he heroicly saved Ra, the Sun God, from Apophis the serpant. However, he grew vengeful and malevolent, first murdering his brother and then alligning himself with the very serpant he once defeated to war with the other gods. Though he was sealed away, the power he gained during the war was too great to be permenantly sealed.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

No real backstories for these guys yet, they’re just characters that will end up being worked into the Lili & Danni universe as minor characters. Also, it was an excuse to try out different skin tones and some other ideas I’d had.
    On the left we have Aiden White (he’s probably going to end up being either a friend or a co-worker of either Lili or Danni. He’s gay, obvs, and I’m going back and forth on whether or not to make him trans or cis). In the centre we have Macie Adams (she works with Sarah. She’s half black and half asian, with her mum being Filipino and, as such, can speak a bit of a Filipino language (probably Tagalog, again, still deciding). She’s a lesbian and Catholic). And finally on the right we have Kira Parks (she and Macie are dating. Kira is half-asian, though, again, not decided on where or which parent).

So, yeah, these guys might be fleshed out a bit more in the future, depends.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,996 through 2,010 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.