JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,666 through 1,680 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Assistant to SRC’s Head of Supernatural Research Professor Richard May, Sam Matthews has had more than her fair share of experiance with the dark side of the supernatural. When she was 15 she was sacrificed in a Satanic ritual by her uncle, who wanted to use her body as a vessel to bring a powerful demon to Earth and gain enormous power. The ritual was only a partial success however, whilst Sam’s body did become host to the demon Berith, the demon slew her uncle and quickly disappeared, as the summons had been performed incorrectly. The upside is that Sam’s soul was returned to her body by the demon and her death was undone. This had the somewhat unusual side-effect of making her unable to permenantly die. She can be killed, but, due to the demon’s influence, she will likely be up and about again fairly soon. She can still feel pain and she doesn’t heal any faster than a normal human so she tends to stay away from certain death situations as much as possible. That hasn’t stopped SRC from making her a reserve field opperative for the organisation, only being held back by her lack of combat experiance and general clumsiness when under pressure.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Herr D
    Participant

The low-powered, inexperienced,  and unwilling Wolvey-type. What a predicament. Good stuff, JR.

I really miss the time I used to spend doing this, commenting on others’ art. Somehow, I’ve got to cram real life into a smaller container. Do you recommend sledgehammers or meatgrinders?

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Herr D- Thanks. As for the whole cramming issue, I’d recommend either a meatgrinder and a tenderiser, for small to medium amounts, or a woodchipper for large amounts. Hope that helps.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Anyway, been on holiday for a week, so I haven’t been able to do any ‘machining while I was away. But now I’m back.

So yeah, new stuff.

Even amongst the angels, demons, werewolves and vampires in the SRC Unit, Baron Samedi stands out. Well, when he bothers to show up that is. Samedi is one of the Old Gods, a Psychopomp or Death God from Haitian Voodoo, who acts as an information broker for the SRC, providing them with news and information from the world of ancient and forgotten spirits. Of course, being one of the Old Gods, Samedi’s services come at a price and the amount of money that would need to be spent on enough rum and cigars to keep him on full time would bankrupt the SRC, though he has agreed to not demand a vodou ceremony for each time he is summoned. He is very jovial in nature, often drunk, always loud and frequently rude, crude and a voracious womaniser. He may not have been the organisation’s first choice in assistance (in fact, he only got the job because he was drunk when he was asked and only stayed on because he likes free drinks and smokes), his help is never the less invaluable to the SRC and he manages the world zombie population as part of his role as a psychopomp, so that gives the team one less thing to worry about.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

The daughter of SRC Chief Technical Officer Matt Lannock, Victoria “Tori” Lannock takes after her father in many ways. She is highly intelligent, extremely competant with any task given to her and has a knack with technology. Also like her father, she joined W.I.L.D to pursue a career in superhuman law enforcement. However, whilst Matt Lannock took more of a back-room, support role, his daughter did not, instead becoming a W.I.L.D operative. Soon after her father was transfered to the SRC, Tori was promoted to the A Division, the elite response force for superhuman disturbances. But her increased workload hasn’t stopped her from dropping by to the SRC HQ and helping her old man out and she’s developed quite a raport with some of the members of the SRC team, even helping out sometimes with combat training for new recruits.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

SRC Trainees

LtR

Ed McGarry & Ray Pryce
    Codename: Ghost
    Bio: Once two friends, their current predicament was caused by a spiritual summoning gone wrong, now leaving Ray’s soul bound to Ed’s body. The two still are two distinct and different people, however Ray is reliant upon Ed to interact with the world, even being unable to communicate with anyone but his friend. Ray can, however, leave Ed’s body for short periods of time and manifest himself as a etheral plasmic entity (more commonly refered to as a ghost). In this form, Ray still cannot interact with the world physically, but he cannot be seen or touched by anyone, making him ideal for information gathering, especially as any information he takes in is transmitted directly into Ed’s mind as well.

Erica Streich
    Codename: Endling
    Bio: A Night Spirit, Erica’s natural form is rather imp-like, with pointed ears, sharp jagged teeth and a pasty white complexion. However, as her species are trickster spirits, she is capable of many forms of mimicry, able to transform her physical appearance as well asbeing a perfect impersonator in both habits and speech. And of course, being a Night Spirit, she has limited magic, including short range teleportation and the ablitiy to randomly affect probability. Of course, she often uses these ablities to perform pranks, as is the way of her species, but such abilities are very useful in law enforcement. Found abandoned in a small village outside of Munich, Germany, she was raised by humans and as such is far more empathetic towards people than most of her kind.

Rebecca May
    Codename: Karim
    Bio: Daughter of SRC Supernatural Research Head, Richard May, Rebecca inherited much of her father’s intelligence and curiosity. She also gained the ability to commune with and tap into the powers of the extradimensional creature known as Karim whilst she and her father were researching on and experimenting with ancient texts and rituals. Karim is able to open portals to any unsealed (i.e. not magically protected) place on Earth by traversing different dimensions and the creature gives Rebecca the ability to comprehend a multitude of ancient and unknown languages and symbols.

Jonathon Archer
    Codename: Wraith
    Bio: Jonathon stands out amongst all other SRC operatives in that he has no powers or abilities what-so-ever. He is a normal human being and, as such, feels quite inadequate around his peers. Unfortunately, this has had quite the effect on him. Already a try-hard before joining the SRC, he has pushed himself even further in his pursuit to be the very best and just ends up coming off like a prat. He has skill, of that there is no doubt, he was a successful demon hunter before joining the SRC, just not the best. His entire motivation seems to be that he wants to be seen as cool. His life was fairly normal, he had a normal family in a normal town and went to a normal school, so he went off and started hunting demons because it was cool and edgy. He loves guns and swords and would like nothing more than to be a supernatural creature (he’s even tried to convince the SRC’s werewolf/ vampire contingient to infect him, which got quickly rebuked) because he hates normality. He also angsts over his every percieved problem and insisted on the codename Wraith above any other suggestion, an attitude that has seen him unofficially dubbed “Captain Edgelord” by some members of the team.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok last two for the SRC for the moment. I may do some villains down the line, but not quite yet.
    Anyway

Kamal Singh Malhan
    Position: Deputy Director Of Supernatural Research and Containment Unit/ Chief of SRC Operations (Mission planning and recruitment)

Professor Cassandra “Cassie” Combs
    Position: Cryptozoology Consultant

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

“Ghost” I can see a partial pilot for–the history of how they can prove they aren’t one case of multiple personality.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Quick Updated Version of another old design that I came across whilst looking for characters to update for the SRC. He’s not anything to do with the SRC, I just felt like doing him again. His basic backstory is that he’s a magic user with a mystic cane who is mute and so uses sign language to perform his spells.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

LtR: Mr. Mass, Dynamo, Superstar, Antaeus, Stinger, Angel, The Titan, Copy Cat, Amazon, Blackstar, Anelle, Prodigy

With the number of superhumans in the world now reaching its peak, the World International Law Division (W.I.L.D) was forced to reorganise and upgrade their Superhuman response. As part of this new initiative (codenamed “The Protectors”), the A Division was set up as a first response team for potentially cataclysmic events and threats. Made up of the most powerful superhumans currently working for W.I.L.D, the teamis set up to take on any threat, whether in two seperate units or as a full force.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Name: Victoria Lannock
    Codename: Amazon
    Other Aliases: Tori, Goliath Girl

Profile: Tori is a second generation superhero, following in the footsteps of her father Matt, aka Goliath Man. Matt Lannock was a highly gifted scientist and engineer, who began his superhero career after developing a special serum that, when injected, hyper charged the subjects muscles, causing them to increase exponentially. He also created a special power suit that could intravenously feed him the serum whilst he was fighting crime, meaning he didn’t have to worry about its effects wearing off. However, Matt Lannock gave up his superhero career when he joined W.I.L.D to serve as a scientific and technical advisor, so his daughter Tori took up the mantel, dubbing herself Goliath Girl, though she would rename herself Amazon as she grew older. Though her most obvious asset is her serum enhanced strength (which allows her to lift nearly 10 times what would ordinarily be possible for her), Tori is no pushover without it. She is highly intelligent, a very capable stratigist, quick to pick up new skills, highly competant with technology (she maintains her own power suit, rather than relying on the W.I.L.D Technical Support Department) and is training in at least 5 different forms of combat and multiple martial arts. She also spends a lot of time training herself, to ensure that she is at peak physical condition and endurance, meaning she is a truely formidible member of the A Division team.

Attachments:

Funkmachine7
    Participant

So that’s what the text was.

JR19759
    Keymaster

So that’s what the text was.

Yup.

Thanks Deviantart 🙁

JR19759
    Keymaster

Name: (Unpronouncable)
    Codename: Anelle
    Other Aliases: Ellie Adams

Profile: A Rkuten alien from the planet Makatra, Anelle (the closest approximation too her actual name, which is unpronouncable to humans due to a difference in vocal structure) crash landed on Earth during a reconisance mission to the planet some 100 years ago. She has since integrated herself into human society thanks to her species natural inquisitiveness and socially chameleonic nature, alongside some technological aids like a universal translator and a integration circuit. Using the later, she was able to take on a human form and identity, living peacefully for a number of decades. However, her life was interupted when her alien nature was accidentally outed thanks to a malfunction in her integration circuit during a magnetic storm caused by the conflict between two nearby superhumans. To protect her, she was taken in and relocated with a new identity by W.I.L.D, who use her as an operative in A Division. Her species are increadibly hardy, being far more resistant to damage than humans thanks to the almost rubber like qualities of their bones and soft tissue, as well as healing far faster.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Name: Angella Jacobsen
    Codename: Angel
    Other Aliases: (None)

Profile: A half-alien/ half-human hybrid, Angella may look like an ordinary human but her alien heritage has given her a few unusual adaptations. She is highly resistant to pressure, altittude and vacuum states, meaning she can dive deeper, fly higher and survive in a vacuum around 4-5 times longer than any normal human without any form of protection. She can also survive without oxygen for longer due to a highly adapted respiritory system that can break down other gases in the air, such as Carbon Dioxide, into Oxygen when she breaths, which can be used alongside a respiritory bypass system in her lungs that can store Oxygen, meaning that she can breath for a short period of time even in Oxygenless environments. Her senses are also more finely tuned than any normal human and her reflexes are at least twice as sharp. All of this is combined makes her an extremely valuable asset, but she is also outfitted with a special suit made up of alien technology and the skill and know-how of the W.I.L.D Technical Support Department that allows her to fly, making her a perfect all-terrain response operative for the A Division.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,666 through 1,680 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.