JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,606 through 1,620 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

Tiberius

Nice character, JR! That reminds me of the four-armed Ogrillions we were facing in our Pathfinder campaign recently. Great coloring and shading on it and as Hawk said, everything was put together well. Love the overall design of the creature for sure.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Hawk007 & Tiberius- Cheers guys.

Anyway, another picture of Chris/ Kaitlin. I’ve only just noticed that he gets happier with each picture I do of him.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Tiberius

Nice, JR! I love the expression. When I first saw the pose I thought C/K might be dancing. I’ll leave it up to you to explain the pose, but just know I like it either way!

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Tiberius- Nah, I’ll leave it up to you to interpret the pose.

Although, I can categorically state that he is not dancing.

cliff
    Participant

As I mentioned on the Elemental Contest nice “Solid” character in Grawrp

Chris/ Kaitlin. I get that it’s his VOGUE picture taking pose. (I had to correct myself on gender pronoun. When I see a person in girl clothes I call him girl, heh heh) Great expression. SO CUTE. And I note the muscle in his arm you gave him, Also, how did you do the bracelet with the cross?

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Cliff- It’s 2 crescent insignias at about 3 & 10 in size with colours 2 & 3 made fully transparent (because it affects the shape of the curve), with one above the arm and the other under the arm facing the other direction. Also, I didn’t do anything to the arm, it’s just how that item is drawn, but I’ll take credit if you insist.

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

Vanessa and Chris/ Kaitlin are soooooo[…]oooooo[…]oooooo cuuute together!

So cute i shall now hug them in mind, if you don’t mind

<And so, hug, and (+1,5) for “Sisters” happens>

Other characters i missed to comment on time also deserve solid (+1,5) for great overall…everything!

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Lull-Carae- Cheers

Amanda Jane (AJ) Roberts is probably Chris Seers closest friend. They became close during school, where both were the victims of bullying, AJ due to her short stature and weight issues. She is also one of the few people to know about Kaitlin. She found out when she went round Chris’ parents house to surprise him and he answered the door as Kaitlin, expecting it to be his sister back from work.

Attachments:

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

She looks like she can stay calm even after close proximity explosion with that “it’s not that i care, i am just fine with it and everything else” face and cool pose (that’s my opinion, and that opinion is meant to be positive!)

to put it simply – yet another character that’s really well made, and that clearly have own personality! (and that’s great, yay!)

nice (+1,5) for that lady and her creator!

Trekkie
    Participant

I like Chris/Kaitlin’s pose- it’s simple but it has personality (and surely it can only be a good thing he’s getting happier). AJ’s great too. Again, it’s the way you manage to really convey a sense of the character with little touches, like her hair covering her face. And I like what you did with her body shape to make it different from the standard HM body

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Lull-Carae & @Trekkie- Cheers guys, glad you like ’em.

A few more pics of Vanessa. In these you can see the butterfly tattoo she has on her left shoulder. Chris has the same tattoo on his left wrist. Both got them when Chris moved in with Vanessa. Chris’ tattoo is mainly to cover up a fairly nasty scar on his wrist from when he self harmed during a time of serious depression. Vanessa decided on the design and got the same tattoo to give the tattoo sentimental value to her brother and remind him that, no matter how bad he is feeling, she’ll always be there for him.

Attachments:

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Cool stuff! I think your favorite characters of mine have been these slice of life characters. Question: does Chris actually identify as female or does he simply like presenting as such? I notice you always use male pronouns in your descriptions.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@DiCicatriz- Cheers, I prefer doing more casual characters anyway. As for Chris, he identifies as male, however he feels more comfortable when presenting himself as a girl. It’s his coping mechanism for all of the stuff that happened to him in the past (bullying, abuse etc.), becoming someone else (not entirely, personality wise, but he’s getting there).

Herr D
    Participant

Say, why does your thread and Vengeance’s always go to the first page when I call it up? Odd sort of thing. You know what? I can’t figure out why you don’t do a lot of bands or album covers, considering your major. Thank you for continuing as our moderator. Did you get my e-mail about the Artist’s Foibles series? [yawns] I seem to be thinking out of sequence.  I may have to study your face work. Mine don’t always look human enough. Cyaroun’

JR19759
    Keymaster

@HerrD- The page thing seems to happen when a thread gets past a certain number of pages. For me it’s 75 pages so I’ve never had it for Vengeance, it always happens on mine, AMS and Anarchangel’s pages. It’s a forum glitch from when the forums went down last year and had to be switched to a new server, we’ve never been able to fix it. I don’t do bands (on heromachine) because it’s not something that ever appealed to me. Making a full band performance shot would look very flat with standard poses and I’m not good enough to pull of the perspective and poses I’d want to make what I consider a “decent band picture”. As for album covers? That’s a really, really broad field and, like with band pictures, it’s not something that ever appealed to me. The heromachine style could work on an album cover, but the tool is very limited and I think the only person who could really do an album cover that would look professional enough would be DeliriousAl. I know I certainly would likely never be happy with one I made. I dunno. (Actually sounds like a good idea for a CDC, might mention it to djuby). As for the email, yeah I got it. TBH, I meant to email you back but something happened (I think I might have got the email right before I went to work) and then I completely forgot because so much other stuff happened before I could get round to it. Yeah, if you could send me it. Word will be fine. Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,606 through 1,620 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.