Jamie Foxx is Electro !!

Home Forums The Pub Jamie Foxx is Electro !!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Kaldath
    Keymaster

http://www.vibe.com/sites/vibe.com/files/styles/main_image/public/article_images/elec.jpg

Apparently Jamie Foxx has been signed to play Electro in the Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie
    http://www.vibe.com/article/jamie-foxx-signs-play-electro-amazing-spider-man-2

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Yeah… think I’ll pass…

CKnap
    Participant

I dont know… I think he could pull it off, he is a good actor its just… C’mon electro is electro, hes white, hes nuts and hes supercharged. I think of Foxx more or less on the calm well reserved side of things. I cant seem him being the evil electro we all know.

And what do you want a bet they wont do the costume either, they’ll come up with something stupid instead of the green and yellow and ligntning bolt mask

Vampyrist
    Participant

He could maybe do justice as the ultimate electro.

CKnap
    Participant

Yeah possibly, but its AMAZING spiderman not ultimate haha.
    Plus I was never a big fan of the ultimate universe I always enjoyed the regular one.

Hammerknight
    Participant

I don’t know why but the movie big wigs love to screw with and change characters up. They change race, they change age, they even have changed sex. They make the changes for the new to comics world people, but they forget about us old timers that have love comics for years. I can only hope that someday they pull their heads out of their butts and ask the comic fan what they think before the screw things up.

Vampyrist
    Participant

To me, changing something like race or in some cases gender doesn’t really change much of anything. They can still be the characters we know and love and they can also represent our more diverse world of today. Electro first appeared in 1964 when comic books were simpler but also less diverse. Media reacts to situations around them slowly. It took time for them to adapt and bring in more diverse characters and just because they are now more diverse doesn’t usually change the character. As long as they stick true to the character, it doesn’t matter to me. Electro can still be Electro no matter how he looks. An african american Electro doesn’t really anger me much at all, in fact I praise them for adding more diversity to their lineup.

Hammerknight
    Participant

I guess my reason for disliking the changes is because comic books are art. In ways it is like going back and repainting a famous painting. A good example is on the new “Arrow” TV show, they have made “Speedy” GA’s little sister. What is up with that, how in the world are they going to be able to bring the real “Speedy” to life. It just won’t work. I know that they have changed the back stories of almost all of the Super Heroes over the years, to keep things up to date, but that is no reason to take away what made them that hero in the first place.

Vampyrist
    Participant

The way I see it since comics are more of a medium of art, a way to convey a story, they are different than a portrait. Going back and changing Guernica is one thing, as it is supposed to only be one solitary piece of work. Comics, on the other hand, are a more dynamic medium, they are supposed to carry on and they can change over the years to best fit the times. It all equates to the story however. If the change drastically alters the story that is being told, it is bad, but if the change is only superficial and only with something like a character’s race or gender, whose importance to the integral persona of the character varies by character, then to me it does not matter.

Using your example of Speedy from Arrow. Arrow is an adaptation of the Green Arrow comics, and as such, it is allowed to alter things that would make the show better. Adaptations change things all the time and sometimes the changes are pragmatic and help the show and sometimes they are too drastic and they destroy the show. Since the show is still in its beginnings, it is hard to say what role “Speedy” will play, but from what I’ve seen with her, she could easily join her brother’s crusade and she already has a drug problem, which could lead her to becoming the Speedy we know and love. Just because Speedy is now a woman does not mean the core character cannot be there.

For those of you who didn’t want to read all that, in summation. Changing things like race or gender do not have to change the core tenets of the character and as such, in my opinion, are OK, as long as the material treats them with the dignity they deserve.

NHA247
    Participant

here is the new images if nobody has seen them yet. I am glad they went with this approach instead of the bright yellow and green tights. I think it looks very interesting, I am looking forward to the new movie.
    article-2309758-1951972E000005DC-279_306x550-1.jpg

article-2309758-1951984B000005DC-651_634x857-1.jpg

It looks as if Paul Giamatti will be playing the Rhino and Dane DeHaan will be playing Harry Osborn.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.