Iscarioto’s Bits

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Iscarioto’s Bits

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 135 total)
  • Author

Weilyn

While the work is technically well made, I can’t help but feeling it is in rather poor taste.

Vampyrist
    Participant

What happened to my eye! Great piece though.

Iscarioto
    Participant

@Weilyn said:

While the work is technically well made, I can’t help but feeling it is in rather poor taste.

You’re right. I’d been reading a bit about the Nanjing incident, and wanted to portray the idea that it is man kind that is truly the most scary and atrocious, but i don’t think I went about it in the most tactful way. Removed.

Weilyn

Whether you want you want to keep the piece in your thread or not is completely up to you. I would never demand you to take an artwork down, no matter what it portrayed. I really did see what you were going for with it, and appreciate you raising awareness of an horrific incident.
    The Nanjing Massacre strikes particularly close to home for me, is all, due to having relatives from the city and surrounding area.
    Thank you for understanding. I hope my comment didn’t offend you, and remain a great admirer of your work.

Iscarioto
    Participant

对不起!
    I didn’t mean to cause offense, and you didn’t offend me, just a poor choice for a piece, and poor form on my part!
    Will try to be a bit more tactful in future, but you’re absolutely right.

Bad-People
    Participant

@Iscarioto said:

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/iscarioto/2012/07/iscarioto-youcomeandgo.png

Red, gold, and green. Red, gold, and GREEEEEEEEEEEN!

Iscarioto
    Participant

Homage to one of the greatest movies ever

Iscarioto_InfernalAffairs.png

Iscarioto
    Participant

Playing with fonts

Iscarioto_Typo-1.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Great posters. I find fonts difficult to use. They have a wide “aura.” HeroMachine tends to grab fonts instead of the Item that you are trying to manipulate.

Very cool posters, Iscarioto. And I know what you mean Atomic Punk. I wait until the very end to add them if I use fonts for anything.

Weilyn

Infernal Affairs is just brilliant

Vampyrist
    Participant

The posters are fantastic

Herr D
    Participant

Or die trying — good action movie title, too– yours? I’m going to have to be careful. I have too many ideas now, and too much time looking at your stuff might inspire me. I think of you as ‘the other one,’ but you and I aren’t the only hm innovators. . .

Seraph

I wanted to add to the chorus for the poster love. Pretty awesome.

Iscarioto
    Participant

Thanks for the love guys!

Yeah Herr, stroke of random inspiration on that title, hard to think of films that haven’t been done, had to do a cross google, and I swear to god Vin Deisel’s casting agent is on a solid role, putting him in every Three-Word-Dramatic-Action-Title film ever. This one wasn’t taken though! Thanks for your compliment there too, I rank you up there too buddy, and you’re right, so many talented creators out there!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.