Irishbernier’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Irishbernier’s Characters

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

irishbernier

Hello, everyone! This is my first attempt with Hero Machine 3; I figured I’d get an account and post it to see what people think. This one’s not exactly “super”, but I figured he’d be a decent anti-hero

Isaac Sorenson grew up in his state’s version of “The Big City” – tiny compared to something like New York or LA, but huge compared to everything else in the state. Thankfully, it was fairly quiet for its size, and serious crime was a rarity. His parents died when Isaac was eighteen, and he was left with nowhere to go – he had only just graduated high school, and his part-time job couldn’t support living alone. He found his solution at an Army recruiting center.

He proved a promising soldier, and quickly qualified himself to join the Army Rangers. By his twenty-first birthday, he had been picked up by the 1st SFOD-D: Delta Force. Twelve years of operations and a career-ending leg injury later, he was honorably discharged and decided to return home and make a new life. When he arrived, however, what he found was not the city he once knew.

The city was chaos incarnate. A gang that started as a few street kids – the Westside Kings – had managed to grow massively in both membership and power. Although the city’s police force consisted almost entirely of good, honest cops, there were a few highly placed people that were greedy enough to stonewall any real action against the gang. After a few weeks of regularly needing to avoid violence, it became obvious to Isaac that the justice system was not going to manage anything. The Kings were careful to use fall-guys and other smoke-screen tactics to avoid drawing the attention of any FBI RICO operations, and their methods of “dealing with” witnesses prevented the Marshalls from becoming a problem. The Westside Kings were the dark force behind everything of import that happened in the city – the thing everyone knew about, but no one talked about. Isaac decided that his particular skillset, along with turning a blind eye to the idea of due process, was the only way to make his home safe again.

A friend in the Quartermaster Corps helped him “find” an assault rifle and armored vest that “fell out of the truck”, an anonymous gangbanger generously donated his pistol, the local military surplus outlet provided him an outfit, holster, knife, and magazines, and a gun shop provided accessories for the rifle. Ammo was available all over the place whenever he needed it. Isaac was ready.

Two weeks later, he was reading the city paper’s main headline – a recent spate of killings targeting the Westside Kings were being attributed to a strange, heavily armed man in a mask. Some were calling him a hero, but the police disagreed – he was just a murderer, and his choice of victims couldn’t change that. Isaac sipped his coffee, and smiled – his leg was showing none of the decreased function the doctors had predicted, and he was ready to start going after the people that really mattered to the Kings’ continued rule of his home.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/irishbernier/2012/09/Urban-Avenger-1.png

Good first character. Welcome to the forum.

Bad-People
    Participant

Nicely done. Fan of black are ya?

By the way, if you mask that stubble on to the head it won’t obscure the chin quite so much.

irishbernier

@MisterDinoMan said:

Good first character. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks!

@Bad-People said:

Nicely done. Fan of black are ya?

By the way, if you mask that stubble on to the head it won’t obscure the chine quite so much.

Lol yeah, this isn’t too colorful…. Figured he wouldn’t be the rainbow spandex type :P
    Also, I had masked the stubble onto the head, but forgot I couldn’t mask two things onto the same item after I did the facemask

Very nice and welcome to the forum.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

@irishbernier said:

Also, I had masked the stubble onto the head, but forgot I couldn’t mask two things onto the same item after I did the facemask

The solution is to make a duplicate head, put it exactly in the same place as the first one, and mask the stubble to that. Then you can move the spare head to the back out of the way, so it’s not visible in the final image.

Hammerknight
    Participant

Cool character, welcome to the forum. Remember to stop by and read the forum rules. Most of all have a great time making characters.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.